Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:30 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Newb from Newington
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:55 am 

Hey guys, I just found this site today. Wanted to join. I don't really have much for time in the way of my Z, she is mostly a pipedream that every year, I throw a couple hours into... My friends all make fun of me for it, cause I have had it for 13yrs and have yet to see it run...

Its a 78 280Z 2+2 with an LS1 and a T56. I bought it when I was 19 or 20, and its just been sitting in my garage... the original intention was to put a 350 in it, but skipped that and put the LS1 in it. I have so many other projects that I just never get around to getting to it. But I love the thing and wouldn't get rid of it for anything.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and potentially get some motivation. Right now my kitchen is where I have been devoting most of my time, as it is currently non-existant... next is my 83 camaro which has it's rearend laying on the ground and fuel tank next to it, TKO 600 still sitting in the box... lol. I have a lot going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:11 pm 

Well, WELCOME ABOARD, Ragin'! The 2+2 was actually raced pretty successfully in the 1970s by Bob Sharp Himself (who is a member of this Club), and I'm pretty sure he would have welcomed the V8 power back in the day. Altho heavy, the car is remarkably well balanced and an excellent hiway cruiser. Time to get busy on your Z! :D

I'm in Newington pretty often, and if you want someone to look your car over with you, please invite me. It would be fun meeting you and drooling on your car together. There are a few members in this Club with LS1 conversions in their cars ~ some are already roadworthy, others, like yours, are awaiting final touches to get back on the street. You should meet some of these guys and exchange ideas and common problems.

Glad to hear from you, and look fwd to meeting you in person and zeeing your Z sometime soon. And don't wait until your car is finished to meet with us. We have several members who have to arrive at our monthly meetings in daily driver cars because their Zs are still garage queens. In fact, you don't even have to own a Z to belong here ~ you just have to love them and have an interest in their heritage and survival.

Z ya soon,
Frank T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:15 am 

Welcome, and maybe someday we will see this car at a show. A little here and there is always a move forward. :D I have some louvers for one of these if ever interested. (and other parts)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:53 am 

Welcome to an awesome Z club!!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:41 pm 

Welcome "home" Ragin!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:30 am 

thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Just being on this site makes me want to work on it... alas myt kitchen being non-existent keeps me from doing so. Plus the camaro being in the sky does as well....

Soon tho!

Frank, I would love for someone to come take a look at her, tell me what she really needs. I'm sure there is a lot of polyurethane that could be added due to excessive rot of the old rubber bushings. Wiring the old girl back up and such. I think I might just get the painless wiring kit for it. I didn't want to spend the money and have all the wiring I need, I just don't have the time to putz around with it... or if someone had a how to... maybe I just need to put the harness back on the engine and work on it from there.

thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:17 pm 

Z>Camaro.....not that I am biased or anything ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:36 pm 

Well technically, the camaro is a Z... Z28