Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:31 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:51 pm 

Hi fellow Z enthusiasts here to introduce myself. My name is Chris and I own a '72 240Z (white w/ red interior, I'm the 2nd owner...purchased April 1974).

I'm finally in the process of getting my Z reassembled after a too long delay. As these projects go mine's the typical story of enthusiasm at the beginning, thinking I could do a lot of the work myself, getting the rust repaired, new fenders, sourcing many parts myself, etc. Now after a several year hiatus I'm in the process of finalizing, I'd say the car was 70% complete prior to me putting it in storage for probably 6 years. I plan on taking it back to stock appearance (during its running days I had done the typical mods (air dam/spoiler, aftermarket wheels, BRE suspension, etc). Will still doing some tasteful mods such has a 2.5" exhaust & possibly 15" Panasport wheels (I never should have sold those original hubcaps back in the late 70s).

Actually have a shop finishing it off for me but very involved in the process (sourcing parts ,etc.) hoping to save a few $$$ as this journey comes to completion. Do have some questions (in 6+ yrs I've forgotten some things in spite of my notes & inventorying parts) which I'll be posting shortly.

Looking forward to being involved in the Forum and everyone's collective expertise, wealth of knowledge & advise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:55 pm 

Good lord! How did you find us?

Welcome, none the less!

Last edited by Filipe on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:56 pm 

..and wealth of Z parts... :wink: :wink:

Welcome to the family Chris!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:02 pm 

It's easy Filipe, just execute a Google search, we're #2 on the list!!

Attachments:
Google.jpg
Google.jpg [ 284.61 KiB | Viewed 8034 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:15 pm 

WELCOME, Chris! Glad to have you aboard, and it's always a pleasure to welcome another '72 240 to our stables. I hope it's one of your New Years Resolutions to get your Z back to roadworthy status this year, and that's what has brought you to us?

Many of us have spare partz here. We try to help each other out when we can, because every one of these wonderful carz we help save means another decade of education for the next generation about a great car which changed the automotive world.

But we don't have to tell you that.

Some of our members are original owners, some are on our 25th Z, others are rank amateurs, and a few of us are still looking for our first Z car. You'll be happy to meet a relatively large number of members here who bought their first Z in the 1970s, "when we were young", and are still devoted to the Z cars today.

We'd love to zee some pictures of your Z if you have them. And tell us about what partz you're searching for ~ most of us are tired of tripping over spare partz in our garage and basement.

Really glad you found us, welcome again. (And does it snow in Ohio in the winter?)

Frank T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:33 pm 

Thanks all for the warm welcome!
Filipe: I had sent Ross Williams an email asking if CTZCC could put me in touch with someone that could tell me more detail about the 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust muffler & angle cut tip that I found on Datsun Z Garage website (I currently have the 2.5" Dynomax muffler and am considering changing...like the look of the Magnaflow setup). I received a reply from Jim Hagani suggesting I join the Forum & CTZCC. Since I'm on a couple of Audi forums, thought why not...so here I am.
Frank T.: Yes, we certainly get snow here but so far this year we've been lucky...just a couple of inches around Christmas and a dusting end of last week. But I can remember some real bad ones. Just the other day the weather people here were reminding us about the '78 blizzard. Some of you may recall the "Freezer Bowl" when Bengals played Chargers in minus degree temps for conference championship. And then there was the time in the mid-'70s when it was in the -20s for a couple of days and the Ohio River froze over, people were actually walking across to northern KY!
Will post Z pics soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:46 pm 

Haha! I'm a Green Bay Packers fan ~ you can't get colder than the Frozen Tundra! :lol:

The Datsun Z Garage is written by our own Bryan Little, who is on here almost daily. He's torn his 1970 Z apart again this winter in preparation for repainting, and his family keeps him pretty busy when he's not in the garage, but you'll zee him on here soon. Ask him anything ~ he loves talking about Zs. Bryan has forgotten more about the old S30 cars than most of us know. I'll tell him you're looking for him.

If you stick around with us long enough, you'll get The Fever and start spending irresponsible amounts of time on your Z.
Fair warning.

Frank

Last edited by Frank T on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:47 pm 

Cool, you've got quite the resources all at your fingertips now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:53 pm 

Right, and we haven't even told him yet that Bob Sharp is our member and Executive Advisor. 8) Bob used to race at Mid-Ohio and Elkhart Lake WI and earned a lot of his championship points in Ohio. Chris might have even seen him race out there.

BTW Filipe, CTZCC normally pops up as #1 on the list of "Z clubs". But because ZCCNE is hosting this year's ZCon, Z people from all over the world are reading their site for information and registration instructions.

We're very popular. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:10 am 

Yes, I did see Bob run @ Mid-Ohio in Can Am days. Actually have a Mid Ohio decal in lower corner of my rear hatch glass (other corner has an Indianapolis Motor Speedway decal...I was born & raised in Indy). Both of those decals are probably "classics" by now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:56 am 

Welcome :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:14 pm 

welcome to the club and if you are a Bengals fan even better. Go Bengals!