Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:08 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:57 am 

Hello fellow Z'ers!

My name is Michael Eng and I'm new here, but not new to the Z world. I've been in and out of the Z scene for many years now. ClassicZCars.com, 300ZXClub.com, TT.Net, and Zcar.com. Based on those sites...I own a 1978 280Z 2+2 and a 1994 300ZX.

I fell in love with the S30 my junior year of high school (2001). I was about to get my license and was car hunting. I saw this car for sale in my town and I never saw anything like it. I pulled over, checked out the make and model and went home to do some Google research. Never ever did I think it was a car from the 70s, but after reading about the history of the car and it's heritage, I had to have it. Since then I've gotten my hands on numerous Z's over the years, but always held on to that first S30.
My recent hiatus has been about 5 years. I found that once I graduated college and started working, life became too busy. BUT now I'm getting that itch again. The itch is mostly for my 280Z as I want to start fixing it up the "proper" way (will be selling my Z32 next year). I figured that a local CT enthusiast club would provide me the motivation, support, and resources I need to reach my goals.

So, I actaully attended the 2nd annual fall outing at Ross's house back in the day. Pat Morrisey, Denny Phinney, and myself started out with the NEZC (New England Z Club) years ago, but that has fizzled out (I think). I might have met some of you in years past at various events.

Anywho, I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I'm planning on attending the fall outing next weekend, so I hope to meet many of you there.

-Mike

PS. Today is the Pratt & Whitney Car Show (I work at Pratt). I brought my 280Z there and parked next to a TT whos owner is Taylor Strack (also a member here). That made my day to see another Z :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:02 pm 

Welcome Mike!! It's always refreshing to hear someone's story as to how they fell in love with Z's. I"ve found out it never leaves you! Anxious to see you next Saturday! and say hi to Taylor for me!

P.S. This site and it's members ARE a great source for advice and parts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:01 pm 

Absolutely great to hear that someone has struggled with the "Z Bug" for many years, before finally admitting to himself and the world that there is no cure or hope for recovery. :lol:

A very warm "welcome home", Mike ~ you're in the right place now. We need you in here and you need us, because this is a support group for those bitten by The Bug. We're all afflicted.

Hope to meet you in person soon and Zee your Z.

Frank T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:03 pm 

Hi Mike! I'm a fellow Southington resident... I have an older Z myself and I'm always looking to talk shop with a fellow Z addict. Glad you popped into CTZCC.COM - it's a fantastic place :)

Shoot me a PM if you ever want to meet up for coffee or something. In fact, I'll be washing the Z this afternoon - maybe I'll catch you driving by :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:16 pm 

Thank you guys for the warm welcome! It's refreshing to see others that are local that share the same passion. I don't know about you guys, but I rarely see Zs on the road (unless it's a 350Z) and to see a local community like this is awesome! I'm pumped for sure.

@smashbar I've only seen 3 other late model Zs in Southington. One at the autobody shop next to Dunkin Donuts (accross from Renaldo's Pizza). It was an orange 240Z. The next was up on Copper Ridge at a house with a horseshoe driveway. That one was silver. The last was a green one that I saw driving around West St. (near the Caddillac Ranch) on an Easter Sunday about 10 years ago. The guy driving waved at me in my 280Z (I have a good memory haha)....any of those you?

EDIT: I forgot about 2 more haha. One on Summer Street. It was a beat up 280Z. I actually asked about buying it, but the lady said her husband was going to fix it up someday. One more on Lagana Ave. That one was a 280ZX. Can't rememeber the color, but I think it had black stripes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:20 pm 

Gold/tan-colored 280zx turbo here. Probably haven't seen it yet, since I've had it for less than a year, and it only comes out to play in nice weather.

There's a guy who lives off of East St. who's the original owner of a silver '81 turbo... and I've also seen a silver 280z (?) pulling out of Chuck & Eddie's about a year ago. The car was pretty beat, and if I recall, according to Frank T it's owned by a local bartender.

Anyhow, I'm on S. End Rd. Maybe I'll Zee you around some time.

Post subject: Hi Mike!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:42 pm 

You made my day at the United Way Car Show as well. I keep checking the media bin at work to see if my pictures have come in. As far as I can tell they're not in though this is my first time trying to find pics taken during such a company event. Any case welcome to the club! Folks from here --including Frank-- will find you driving your car around. It's very comforting to know that there's a whole community supporting your car endeavors. Thanks for referencing me above.

Also, hi Phil!

I'm planning on making it out to this weekend's event. Just got to finagle some schedules. Want to go out together?

Taylor = TenaciousZ :?
aka. the highly opinionated OverZealous(CT) on TT.net :twisted:

Attachments:
2012 United Way Car Show.jpg
2012 United Way Car Show.jpg [ 123.48 KiB | Viewed 8686 times ]
United Way Car Show 2012.jpg
United Way Car Show 2012.jpg [ 77.28 KiB | Viewed 8686 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:02 am 

@Tenacious-Z - Here is the only pic I took of our Zs from the event

Attachments:
photo - Copy.JPG
photo - Copy.JPG [ 67.09 KiB | Viewed 8663 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:44 am 

WHOA! :shock: What kind of rims are those?!

Post subject: Nice
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:24 pm 

That's a great picture. :lol: Thanks for posting. I downloaded it too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:26 pm 

Frank T wrote:
WHOA! :shock: What kind of rims are those?!

No idea. They came on the car when I bought it. One of them actually doesn't match (it points the wrong way). Here is a side shot of them.

Attachments:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg [ 80.37 KiB | Viewed 8607 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:13 pm 

Wow ~ they look sort of like Centerlines! If so, those are expensive wheels. The "backwards" wheel was probably a spare somewhere along the way, and the original never got put back on the car. Our Zs have some terrible stories to tell.....

Bring your Z to the picnic, and you'll have CTZCC members telling you things about your car you never knew. These guys have seen it all!

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:25 pm 

Hmmm they might be some really old American Racing wheels as well. Love that deep lip!