Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:12 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Greetings from FL!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:12 am 

Hello all!
My name is Daniel and I'm in Jacksonville, FL. I've always been a Nissan fanatic, but I finally got my hands on a red 91' Z32 2+2 after 6 months of searching! I was looking for a platform that would allow me for a future RB swap and wasn't seen too much down here in FL (at least to my knowledge). I'm excited to be on this active forum and meet with everyone! Thanks for having me! =]

Here are some photos of my love:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

I bought her from a Z family! I knew I could trust the car when I saw her family!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:17 am 

ah glad you have finally signed up. i became Z buddies with Danny on Facebook and informed him of our awesome club and of course all about RDZ and told him to contact them. welcome aboard Danny!! guys his 2+2 is beautiful and he is good friends with the PO. which i totally encourage. i am currently friends with both the PO and PPO of my 280z on Facebook. they get to be well informed that there baby is being well taken care of. :D and of course i told Danny about Carl Beck.. :wink: let's give Danny a warm welcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:19 am 

Mike's awesome! lol. The previous owner babied my car and I'm still doing so as well. I would love to go out to a Z event. Gotta look around the boards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:44 am 

theZman wrote:
guys his 2+2 is beautiful and he is good friends with the PO. which i totally encourage. :wink: let's give Danny a warm welcome!

Ready now :?: :arrow: WARM WELCOME :!: :!: Hiya, Danny!
I'm also glad you're good friends with the Post Office, :lol: which I also
totally encourage, being a retiree from same after almost 45 years! :?

All Z Best,..................Rick (and Kathy, of course)

1969 Z.CAR (#00013 10/69) 8/30/76
1969 ITSA.Z (#00171 11/69) 8/24/73
1970 OLD.Z (#06289 6/70) original owner
1971 510 2dr since 12/31/75
1969 1600 rdstr (our 160-Z)
1971 (#19851 1/71) sold
1975 75.Z (#01343 1/75)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:46 am 

Danny, this is Rick Morgan owner of the very first 240z to come to America. Lucky #13. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:26 pm 

Welcome, Danny! Really glad to have you aboard. (Mike, Danny sent his application to us some time ago, but my computer had issues for a few days and by the time they got straightened out, we had 11 new member apps waiting to be logged in! :shock: It isn't his fault this took so long).

There seems to be a recent upsurge in interest for the 2+2 cars! When they were first released, they differed from the lightweight sporty early Zs just enough to make the purists hesitate. Yeah, they were larger, heavier, and not as quick. They didn't "handle like a Z", and most had a/c and an automatic transmission, which reminded everyone of what was then happening to the once-wonderful E-Type Jaguars (and Elvis). But "what they weren't" seemed to make everyone ignore "what they were", which was a really smooth riding, high speed, upper-luxury economy GT car fit for a growing family.

The 2+2 actually has slightly better aerodynamics than the original 240Z, and once it gets rolling, is the highway equal of any of the earlier cars. No, I wouldn't want to throw one around in an AutoCross competition against an early 240, but Bob Sharp owned (and raced) one of the first 2+2 cars (probably because Datsun asked him to?) and altho it didn't win, it demonstrated the healthy heart of a true Z car at half the price of the competition.

Danny, your 2+2 (and the hundred others in the CTZCC) has a healthy future. Family men who want/need a bit more room than a sport coupe, but who still demand a spirited ride with class and style, are starting to show the world the true worth of these machinez. You can look for your 2+2 to only increase in value as you own it (provided you keep the rust worms off it).

Glad to have you with us, and I expect you will hear from many other CTZCC members who are 2+2 lovers!

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:57 am 

Kathy & Rick wrote:
theZman wrote:
guys his 2+2 is beautiful and he is good friends with the PO. which i totally encourage. :wink: let's give Danny a warm welcome!

Ready now :?: :arrow: WARM WELCOME :!: :!: Hiya, Danny!
I'm also glad you're good friends with the Post Office, :lol: which I also
totally encourage, being a retiree from same after almost 45 years! :?

All Z Best,..................Rick (and Kathy, of course)

ahahha. "Post office" lol. Thank you Rick! I'm glad to see this forum be so active. It's enjoyable! Thank you for the warm welcome. Now I have to look around the place to spot some of your Z's ;)

Quote:
Welcome, Danny! Really glad to have you aboard. (Mike, Danny sent his application to us some time ago, but my computer had issues for a few days and by the time they got straightened out, we had 11 new member apps waiting to be logged in! It isn't his fault this took so long).

There seems to be a recent upsurge in interest for the 2+2 cars! When they were first released, they differed from the lightweight sporty early Zs just enough to make the purists hesitate. Yeah, they were larger, heavier, and not as quick. They didn't "handle like a Z", and most had a/c and an automatic transmission, which reminded everyone of what was then happening to the once-wonderful E-Type Jaguars (and Elvis). But "what they weren't" seemed to make everyone ignore "what they were", which was a really smooth riding, high speed, upper-luxury economy GT car fit for a growing family.

The 2+2 actually has slightly better aerodynamics than the original 240Z, and once it gets rolling, is the highway equal of any of the earlier cars. No, I wouldn't want to throw one around in an AutoCross competition against an early 240, but Bob Sharp owned (and raced) one of the first 2+2 cars (probably because Datsun asked him to?) and altho it didn't win, it demonstrated the healthy heart of a true Z car at half the price of the competition.

Danny, your 2+2 (and the hundred others in the CTZCC) has a healthy future. Family men who want/need a bit more room than a sport coupe, but who still demand a spirited ride with class and style, are starting to show the world the true worth of these machinez. You can look for your 2+2 to only increase in value as you own it (provided you keep the rust worms off it).

Glad to have you with us, and I expect you will hear from many other CTZCC members who are 2+2 lovers!

Frank

I thought for a second you guys were too full or something. Lol. I was actually looking for a 2+2 to use as a smaller family car and still wanted the smooth ride. I originally was going to either get a 350z or even an s14/15, but they were all hard cars to find in reasonable condition. Took me long enough to find my 2+2 in the condition I wanted it to be in =] I love it now. It's all stock besides intake, exhaust, suspension and ecu, but it gets plenty of looks. I do have a question about it though. The t-top's vinyl seems to be coming off a little on the inside of the car, how can I go about fixing that? Thank you again for the warm welcomes! =]