Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:58 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: New Member/Racer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:01 pm 

Hi guys

I'm Andy and I'm a first time Z owner. I picked up the old ITS ZX that was for sale here and on craigslist. The car will live to race again as my track toy and LeMons racer.

Thanks
-Andy

Attachments:
LCT11-UG-0279.jpg
LCT11-UG-0279.jpg [ 125.87 KiB | Viewed 7049 times ]

Last edited by Brotus7 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:18 pm 

Welcome to the club!
Be sure to post when/where you're racing;never know who'll show up.

Al

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:28 pm 

AH HAA! :shock: NOW I know who you are! You're Liam's and Kevin Fitz's buddy from CART!

Great to have you with us, and we're rooting for your ZX. Please DO tell us where/when you're running it, so we can come out and support you.

By the way, I just tonight finished a WELCOME letter to you, telling you some info about the CTZCC you'll want to know. I hope you can join us in North Haven for next month's meeting, and get to know some of us. We're fun.

Regret the delay on your letter ~ we've had 10 new applicants in the past week and I am behind on my paperwork. And the first 2 times I tried to send it, your email returned it as undeliverable (plz check that?). But you're registered with us now, and a full-fledged member of the greatest Z Club on the planet.

Hey everybody ~ say hello to Andy, our newest Z brother! (And ask him to explain his interesting screen name :wink: )

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:06 pm 

Frank T wrote:
AH HAA! :shock: NOW I know who you are! You're Liam's and Kevin Fitz's buddy from CART!

Great to have you with us, and we're rooting for your ZX. Please DO tell us where/when you're running it, so we can come out and support you.

By the way, I just tonight finished a WELCOME letter to you, telling you some info about the CTZCC you'll want to know. I hope you can join us in North Haven for next month's meeting, and get to know some of us. We're fun.

Regret the delay on your letter ~ we've had 10 new applicants in the past week and I am behind on my paperwork. And the first 2 times I tried to send it, your email returned it as undeliverable (plz check that?). But you're registered with us now, and a full-fledged member of the greatest Z Club on the planet.

Hey everybody ~ say hello to Andy, our newest Z brother! (And ask him to explain his interesting screen name :wink: )

Frank

Yup, I race with Liam and Kevin. How did I forget to mention the screen name? A much longer term project I started with my father a few years ago was to build a Lotus 7 replica from scratch, powered by the L16 from my dad's old 510. We've taken to calling it the Brotus as its a combination of our last name and obviously the original car. The frame is complete, drivetrain mounted, and the next step is to fabricate the control arms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:34 pm 

welcome to the club! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:10 pm 

Well, after buying a house and moving, it's finally time to get to work.

We started cutting the old cage out and reassembling the engine. If I can find the hardware we need, we'll be installing the engine this weekend.

We'll be running carbs since the wiring in the car is suspect and we want to simplify everything we can. However, the SU's that came with the car aren't complete. I know I'm at least missing the link w/sockets at both ends that relays the rotation of the thottle input to the shaft controlling the butterflies. Does anyone know where I could pick up said piece? Am I missing anything else besides the air cleaner? I plan on taking the carbs apart and cleaning them. Can't spend much money on them, but I think the SM needles are a go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:35 pm 

Somebody (Phrog, maybe?) recently told us about a replacement part for those little plastic ball sockets, if I recall correctly. I might have some left around, but they'd be pretty old and brittle. And you know about Murphy in racing ~ anything which CAN break, WILL break.

Let me zee what I have, anyway. Are you making it to the meeting at Miller Nissan in Fairfield tmrw night?

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:03 am 

Frank

Thanks for looking for me. EVen if it's a little brittle, that's OK. It'll buy me some time to test the car while I look for a better piece. I was thinking that the ball size may be similar to what the RC airplane guys use on their linkages, but I have to do some more research on that.

Fairfield is a bit far to drive friom Manchester for me on a weeknight. I should be able to make the next event that's closer to me though.
-Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:28 pm 

Andy, I was unable to find those little plastic linkage connector balls. I know Vinny Bedini has a box of them at his Z speed shop (806.355.18 twenty-nine) and he could mail some ~ don't know what they're worth.

If I come across my old spare linkage I'll recontact you.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:37 am 

Welcome to the club. I like the idea of the ZX racer. I hope it does well, can't wait to Z the results. Any parts needed, I might have. air cleaner, linkage, etc. lots of zx parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:37 am 

280ZX racing... way to go! Congrats :wink:
Boomer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:01 am 

Thanks for looking Frank.

Engine and transmission are now in the car. Ripped out the poorly done rust patches. Today I install the R200 I have. Next week I hope to weld in some good material.