Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:06 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:48 am 
i picked up a 1993 z32 2 months ago and came across this site recently, glad i found it

ive allways loved the z cars but i was never out to have one of my own, i usually buy cheap economy cars that i can drive anywhere and not worry about too much except for putting gas in the tank.

i was actually ready to buy a brand new motorcycle, and was ready to buy a new triumph when i came across the zx. needless to say my old bike will most likely not get ridden this year lol.

about my new motorcycle- its a 1993 300zx 2+2 na, dark blue, not sure the exact color name, onyx or midnight blue maybe, cloth interior, garage kept, beautiful condition. the only flaws are a few dings on the passenger door, the trim rails that run along the windshield and t-tops are faded which i plan to remove and repaint and the drivers door has a small crack on the upper panel by the pillar, while its not that bad i really want to replace the panel. windows are getting tinted tomorrow.

maybe i can get some help locating a new door panel here, and a little advice about removing the trim rail thingies, lol i dont know the tech term for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:09 pm 

Hi Shadow ~ as confirmation, I have received your membership application today and we're in the process of working you into the CT Z Car Club! :D Happy to hear you made a wiZer choice and bought the ZX instead of the new bike. Where did you find the car?

The ZX is one of the most popular carz in the CTZCC. Many members have them (or have had them) and can offer suggestions and sources for partz/service. You've come to a good place. :wink:

I'm hammering out a Welcome Letter to tell you some things about the Club which you should know. You should receive it this week. We also look fwd to meeting you in person at RDZ in Danbury for our monthly meeting (7-9PM Wed13July). Zee our UPCOMING EVENTS for directions.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:54 pm 

Welcome. I love my '93... Looking forward to seeing yours.

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:48 pm 
im glad i chose it too, i still have the old bike, 1994 honda shadow vlx 600, understand my name now? i got the car at county line nissan, the owner bought it from his freind who had it sitting for a while and he "had no use for it". how the heck can you have no use for a 300zx with low miles it?!! and its got t-tops. i used to have a 78 trans am which i loved dearly and i would take the ZX over that any day!

i couldnt make it to that meeting, i work 2nd shift but i would like to get to one eventually.
Ill try and get some pics up soon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:04 pm 

Im hoping to make to car show but not sure ill be around

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:05 pm 

Sure would be cool if you could make it. And next Wednesday (11Jul) sis our monthly meeting in Old Saybrook 8)

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:05 pm 
Tried to post a pic here but it says no post mode specified. Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:21 pm 

Basics ~ the picture must come from your desktop or your photo archives. At the bottom of your narration box, press the "CHOOSE FILE" balloon. That will let your search your computer for where ever you hid the picture you want to use.

Select the picture you want to use. Its designation will appear in the skinny top box which said "choose file" and "no file selected". You can then type in whatever heading you want for that picture, in the larger box below the skinny one.

Press SUBMIT. Be patient. Your picture will load beneath your narration box. (Oh yeah ~ you must have something typed in the narration box too, or the picture won't print).

ADVANCED ~

If you want to print 2 or 3 pics:
Select the first and type the heading for that picture.
Press ADD ATTACHMENT and wait. The screen will move the first picture down to the 2nd slot, and let you enter another picture in the now-empty 1st slot.
After 3 pictures, you must press SUBMIT. If you want to add more pix to that same Post, you can press EDIT balloon in the upper right corner and add 3 more pics the same was as described above.

Try it and tell us if it doesn't work....

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:36 am 
I keep getting. " no post mode specified"
Im using a droid phone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:53 am 

Contact our Webmaster, Jim. He'll have the answer.

Webmaster (at) CTZCC.com

(at) = @

Frank