Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:18 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: hello !!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:39 am 

well...first off i would like to mention that i am a new member (the newest at the moment) of this wonderful CT club. Thanks for having me.

This is my second Z so far , i had a 2+2 that i parted out before i got this awesome 2 seater this winter . Its black (my fav. color ) interior its decent but i am still planing on re-doing it . It rides pretty good for a 220k , very tight and very pushy . I am the 3th owner and the previous owner had it since 95 . Most of the miles are highway because he lived in RI and used to work in Rocky Hill CT for over 10 years --200 miles of traveling almost everyday. Never seen salt or snow. Came with a 2 inch thick folder full of receipts since 95.
I haven't done anything to the car but put a new battery , new spark plugs and fixing little odds and ends .
I have been driving it since the first 60F day of this year ....and i just cant get enough of it.

On the first Z i had i started a TT swap that never got completed, because i needed a lot of parts and i was collecting the slowly , some of the hard to find , some of them really expansive ...so i took my time.
Since i parted out the first Z ....the TT will be going into this new Z . I am almost ready , just have to get a few odds and ends ( boos controller , TT condenser , rear main seal , pvc kit and some gaskets.

I am planning on doing the swap my self with a lil help from a friend who built his own 1000HP Mustang , but i am going to need a lil help from someone with a lil more experience on TT swaps on these cars ...just to point out the order of steps i need to take so i dont get stock in the position that i need to take the motor out again to install a part or to connect a plug ...hose or whatever. So if anyone reading this and could help me out with this info i would really appreciate the help and maybe i could return the favor with something i could do .

Next year i am planning on replacing the shocks with coil over , update the breaks ( bigger break system ) , i want to go through the entire bushing system front and rear --ball joints tie rods , control arms ...etc, i wanted to feel like a brand new car even though it feels pretty tight right now considering the miles .
New paint job and interior its already set for this summer after the swap . Being that i am licensed contractor , i got lucky and managed to make a deal with a body shop to trade my work installing a new roof for the shop for their work painting and re-doing the interior on my Z .

WELL...thats it for now .
If anyone has questions , or advises please feel free to contact me
860-221-5339 call or text or email
CRISTIAN

Attachments:
Photo0007.jpg
Photo0007.jpg [ 863.22 KiB | Viewed 6407 times ]
Photo0005.jpg
Photo0005.jpg [ 839.01 KiB | Viewed 6409 times ]
Photo0006.jpg
Photo0006.jpg [ 1.11 MiB | Viewed 6409 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:05 am 

Wow, what a sexy car!

Welcome, Cristian ~ you've just joined the friendliest Z Club you'll find on this planet. You and your beautiful ZX are very welcome here.

I also notice you're a veteran. Thanks for whatever you did for us, where ever we sent you. I hope you're home now, enjoying the good life and rewarding yrslf with that Z!

We have more 300ZX carz than any other model. There are now 174 300 ZX carz (all years) in the CTZCC, and many of them are TTs. I would suggest bringing your beautiful road rocket to our July meeting (at RDZ in Danbury) to meet us, compare carz, take some pics of other TT applications, and talk to the ZX experts at RDZ (Research & Development for the Nissan Z). You could get some ideas you're not even thinking about yet.

What I really like best about your story is that you are finally within reach of a long-planned goal. You didn't give up just because you let the earlier Z go ~ you still hold the dream.

And that ZX looks like a really good platform to make it a reality with. I love it when dreams come true.

That car is gonna be a screaming monster. 8)

Hey everybody ~ say hello to our newest registered Z brother, Cristian!

Frank T

Last edited by Frank T on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:09 am 

welcome to the family! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:52 am 

thank you for your kind welcoming words Frank ! It does seem like a very friendly community .
My love for these cars go way back in mid 90`s when i first saw a 90-96 z on the road and i just couldn't take my eyes off of it...i even had my father followed the guy around just to take a better look , hoping he would stop to ask him questions and take a look at the interior . I was so impressed with the look of the car ...and you could tell that it was a very fast car .

Ever since , whenever i was in the market for a different car , i first look for one of these , but i couldn't find one that it was drivable or one that i could afford .
When i got my first Z..in 04-2010.everyone thought i lost my mind because it looked abused , motor was leaking , interior was destroyed , rust on the rear fenders , full of dog hair inside ...but it was running...and i drove it for about 700 miles and water pump went . This when a friend told me i could do a twin turbo swap ( i was clueless about these cars back then) ..so i went online and order a JDM motor and trany. Two weeks later i got it delivered . I just don`t have the words to explain how excited i was .
While the tt swap was going a lil slow but steady ...i found this new beauty that its in mint condition

ANYWAYS... just wanted to mention that i went to a couple of Z meetings , first one was at RDZ back in winter and this one in Middletown just a few days ago ... and planning to come to all meetings from now on .
I didnt bring my my Z at middletown meeting because i came with my wife and one of my friends whos car was in the shop so we had to grab a different car .
At the RDZ meeting i had my Z car in their shop(the silver one) , getting an estimate to get the tt swap completed...but i just couldnt afford it , so i took it back with the thought of bringing it back in spring . But looks like things happens for a reason ...and the reason was my new Z

So..if everything goes well i am hoping that in 2 months from now it will be a tt .

Attachments:
File comment: thats the silver Z in RDZ shop
DSC_8198.JPG
DSC_8198.JPG [ 154.79 KiB | Viewed 6359 times ]
File comment: thats me looking at the white Z at Middletown meeting
DSC_8824.JPG
DSC_8824.JPG [ 151.69 KiB | Viewed 6359 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:58 am 

NCR, are you saying that the silver 300zx in the RDZ shop picture was a rust bucket? Looks nice from picture!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:03 am 

your silver Z is nice too. :D well i too am looking to do a turbo swap with my 280z so i know how pumped you must be. TT should be fun. :twisted: and i noticed an 86 turbo sitting there at RDZ i wonder whose it is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:04 am 

phil280zxt wrote:
NCR, are you saying that the silver 300zx in the RDZ shop picture was a rust bucket? Looks nice from picture!!

not a rust bucket , but it had a lot of rust to be fixed towards the rear . In order to get rid of the rust it needed the rear subframe dropped . Several rust holes in the floor .

The silver z is gone ..parted out !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:29 am 

We really need to open the Club Dream Garage!!! :D Imagine how cool it would be to have several Zs being worked on at one time, with guyz available to help each other and give advice on similar projects.

Our coffee and late-night light bills would probably be sky-high, tho! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:32 am 

Frank T wrote:
We really need to open the Club Dream Garage!!! :D Imagine how cool it would be to have several Zs being worked on at one time, with guyz available to help each other and give advice on similar projects.

Our coffee and late-night light bills would probably be sky-high, tho! :lol:

not to mention losing our jobs and sleep... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:53 am 

Welcome Christian. Glad to have you aboard!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:38 am 

a dream garage will be AWESOME !!!

Post subject: What?!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:22 pm 

Hey - Cristian! Keep your eyes off my lady! :twisted: Hahaha!

Post subject: Re: What?!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:13 am 

Tenacious-Z wrote:
Hey - Cristian! Keep your eyes off my lady! :twisted: Hahaha!

Can`t help it ...she is HOT !!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:45 am 

Welcome Christian,
Remember were always here to help you with your service and performance upgrades. Lets us know if we can help. Handling your Z with care. :wink:

Black 2007 350-Z
67 Camaro Custom
Orange Late 71 240-Z Sold and sitting in a Doctors Collection

Colin Foote Never Forgotten!!