Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:47 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Hi from Bloomfield!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:58 pm 
Hey! My name is Peter! I'm originally from South Florida, but spent the last 3 years in West Virginia before moving to Bloomfield. I bought my 2008 Touring 350Z new. It is black and stock under the hood (for now) and I've done some modest exterior upgrades for that personal touch. One big problem was there was no Z club in WV! I'd give the big "what's up" to other Z's on the road and when my Fiance would make fun of me, I'd joke "it's like a club with Z owners!" which would give her a good laugh. Well, now I AM in a Z club so the last laugh is mine!

I'm excited to be here. I can't make the September meeting, but I'll be on the site looking for upcoming events. I can't wait to start meeting you!

Attachments:
photo 3.jpg
photo 3.jpg [ 109.51 KiB | Viewed 5802 times ]
photo 2.jpg
photo 2.jpg [ 127.02 KiB | Viewed 5802 times ]
photo 1.jpg
photo 1.jpg [ 51.08 KiB | Viewed 5802 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:10 pm 

Welcome Peter,
Beautiful car ! After a meeting and couple outings your Fiance will think different. As long as she continues to laugh things will be OK. Just be Careful ! Once bitten there's no cure. We will be more than willing to point you and her in the right direction for a Z of her own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:03 pm 

Glad to have you aboard Peter. You have arrived at the friendliest and most fun Z club around (in my humble opinion). Looking forward to meeting you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:49 pm 

Welcome aboard
Nize pic in the parking garage
Please tell your future ex-fiancee to buckle up for the ride

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:01 pm 

Welcome Peter, you've stumbled across the most active Z club in the country! and it's free!! What other club has THE Bob Sharp as a club advisor and as a member the lowest vin number 240Z sold to the public!!Great bunch of guys, gals and Z's! with tons of expertise and parts!

You've missed a very busy Z summer, but there are still a number of events scheduled for the fall. Please try to make our September 8th monthly meeting. But by all means do not miss the Fall Outing on October 9th!

And make sure to bring your fiance!! We'll make sure she does laugh at your Z club comments again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:26 pm 

Welcome to the greatest Z car club on the planet! Period. And beautiful 350Z! They say that nothing in life is free but that statement does NOT apply here. We have soooo much fun for free it should be illegal. My first outing was the fall outing last year and I brought my wife and she actually had fun. So bring the wife! My wife will be happy to have another woman to talk to. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:50 pm 

Hi Pete! WELCOME ABOARD! I got your application this month so I know you're interested in flinging your 350 around the AutoCross circuit! It's a gorgeous car, and I would feel the same way if I were you. CART holds AutoX events until the end of the season, so there will be several more opportunities for you to participate. You just gotta get a brain bucket. We'll let you know when a bunch of us are headed up there again.

This Club is the most fun you will probably ever have with your clothes on. We have more than 450 happy members and we thrive on these cars. Most of us know most of us, and many many warm friendships have developed in here. We feel sort of like brothers and sisters after awhile, and you get to know individual members' cars, too.

We are experiencing a constant growth this year, averaging about a doZen new-joins each month. Our monthly meetings are averaging btwn 40-50 members, but at this month's meeting we fed more than 80 people. It was like a family reunion, and included our member from Germany, who brought his family over here to meet us.

Your fiance is very welcome here. All our functions are geared toward family fun, because let's face it ~ if we don't have 'the boss's approval', most of us don't get Zs. We allow no alcohol at our events, no rough language, and no dogs (many reasons for that). If your fiance is hesitant to become involved, show her the picture of last year's October Fall Outing on PreZident Ross' front lawn ~ you can see that on our homepage.

We have two more meetings scheduled this year ~ 08Sep at Miller Nissan in B'port, and 13Oct at RDZ in Danbury. We have several little Fun Runs and get togethers in btwn those dates, and we also have the Fall Outing again in October. Every weekend we try to arrange some little excuse to bring the Zs together and have a few laughs. We'll be announcing each event about a week ahead, so keep your finger on the pulse in the UPCOMING EVENTS Forum.

Tell you what ~ our newest member, just before you, is Mark L, who also owns a daZZling 350. He went to one of our unofficial picnics this past weekend and met some of us there. We'll let him tell you about us.

Please don't be bashful in here ~ we're all brothers and we welcome input, questions and suggestions from each member.

Glad you're here. :wink:

Z ya soon!
Frank T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:09 pm 

Welcome to the club! I spend a good chunk of time in that area(A good buddy is a firefighter with Blue Hills), if you see a white 370Z give a wave!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:41 am 

Welcome, you landed in a good spot. Coming up is the fall outing, you defiantly should make that.....you will be thrilled about the club then. The 350 shure does look good in black. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:39 pm 

Peter, are you still with us ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:39 pm 

I sure hope he is!
Pete, we've got our final two events coming up in the next 15 days, so you need to keep your finger on our pulse and make sure you get to both of them! Bring the wife and, as always, we're free.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:04 pm 

Pete! Our final big event of the year is this coming Saturday ~ our 5th Annual Fall Outing picnic is being held (as usual) on the front lawn of PreZident Ross' 'mansion' in Darien. See the directions and details in the UPCOMING EVENTS.

This is a great opportunity to meet a LOT of the membership, zee a LOT of our Z cars and let us drool on yours. You'll really hate yrslf if you miss this! :lol:

Z you there?
Frank