Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:02 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: New to Z Club
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:49 am 

I enjoyed my first outing at the Old Saybrook Marina Wed eve. Lots of nice vehicles, and a very welcoming atmosphere - Thanks!. Kevin

We have the 06 Z Rdstr, and currently also own an 05 Mustang GT & 69 Corvette.

We plan to attend future venues as well - the trip to LRP sounds great I love that place. (Vintage Fall Festival in particular)

Other autos of interest owned - 69 AMX, 64 E-type, 67 Cooper S, 67 Sunbeam Tiger, 68 Corvette conv, 62 Tbird, Volvos PV544 & P1800E, Saab Turbo & 67 Dart GT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:59 pm 

WELCOME, Captain! We're very glad you got to attend our first monthly meeting of 2010 and hope you enjoyed yrslf. I sure did!

Your list of "other" cars is impressive, and includes some of my old favorites (both your Volvos hold warm memories for me, of my youthful exploits back when those cars were new). The Tiger, also! Is the E-Type a FHC or Roadster? I probably have a dozen questions about each of your cars, but could spend a full day talking about your original Mini-S! :wink:

When we were seniors in HS, a buddy had a part-time job closing up a local Go-Kart track during the summer. Another buddy had a '65 Cooper-S and if we timed it right, we could arrive after the crowd (and the boss) had left, and Bill let us throw the Mini around the course for an hour while he cleaned up and refueled the Karts. Some of my happiest, most-delirious laughter accompanied that little Cooper thru that course. We wore football helmets and opened the hatch, and sat two guys facing backwards as one after another of us wore the tires off the car. Complete nuts, but tremendous fun.

When Bryan Little holds the Club AutoCross this year, it would be great to see your Mini make an appearance.

I must see your PV544 someday, please!

It's very significant to me that someone with such an interesting stable tops it off with the magnificent Z car! 8) That says volumes!

Hey everyone ~ new member here ~ say hello!

Frank T
MbrshpDir

(PS ~ how did you learn we existed?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:07 pm 

Welcome Captian! Was your Z the bergundy, maroon one? By the way we should write our names plus web name on our name tags. That would help to identify each other with the site regulars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:12 pm 

That's what I do. :) mike aka theZman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:49 am 

Welcome! If you have any questions about Volvos, ask me :) I've owned 2 and here streets are swarming with all kind of Volvos.
Cheers!