Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:42 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:35 pm 

What are your fuel prices there? We're paying more than $4USD per gallon here. You pump by liter, right?

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:45 pm 

Frank T wrote:
What are your fuel prices there? We're paying more than $4USD per gallon here. You pump by liter, right?

Frank

you guyZ are LUCKY. I just filled in my Z's tank and it was 1,62 euros per liter, that makes it a whopping 9.12 USD per gallon at today's exchange rate.
You can easily understand that driving 700km to pick up a set of carbs would cost me nearly the price of another carb setup.. (at easy driving my z is ought to consume at least 10 liters per 100km when driving across the mountains, it means 70 liters= 113 euros = 168 usd... plus about 80 bucks for highway fees..)
gosh I need a darn Prius at these fuel prices.. I hate this place

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:58 pm 

:shock:

Wow.

You need to move here!
I'll not complain about fuel prices again. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:04 pm 

yep. this continent sucks in so many different ways you could call europe the world's biggest Hoover.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:02 pm 

yeah move here. you already have family here. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:06 pm 

:)
maybe one day I will. definitely feels like this club is a family!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:16 am 

I'm back! not many updates recently as I've been soo busy. not much to mention apart from rear lamp frames newly chromed (see another tread http://forums.ctzcc.com/viewtopic.php?t=6506 )
Z lost spark and I'm pretty sure it's the ignition switch already got new one but didn't install yet. That and new tie rod ends came from Rock Auto. for my Xmas vacation the plans are to do at least 2 or 3 of these:
-install triple webers
-tie rod ends
-ignition switch
-euro headlamps with new wiring
-new solenoid
-braided brake hoses
-purchase cam
-find 5-speed manual box

Also as it seems I'm doing an unplanned staged restoration, I consider taking my doors to a pro to fix rust issues at the door bottoms and have cowl panel and head lamp bucket dent and rust bubble fixed and all those parts painted at the same time. Then the biggest near future things would be tidying up engine compartment especially wirings, fix some minor rust on the body. But those are such that I feel it's worth just waiting until I can afford time and money-wise to strip the car and have the whole body completely redone. but that's not quite in the near future I'm afraid..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:08 pm 

woohooo!! Winter is here. We had a good snowfall today, and more is coming. I had to take my queen out of the garage briefly and she looks great in snow!

Attachments:
snowz1.jpg
snowz1.jpg [ 844.39 KiB | Viewed 5842 times ]
snowz2.jpg
snowz2.jpg [ 966.48 KiB | Viewed 5842 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:31 pm 

Wow~ I love that second shot! You're a very good photographer, with an EXCELLENT subject! 8)

All you need is the French or Finland Bikini Ski Team to gather around your Z, and you could sell calendars for a living! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:45 pm 

Frank, thanks for the compliment. I mostly just close my eyes and shoot :)
And why didn't I think about that Bikini Ski Team? That's a wonderful idea and sure I'd prefer doing that for a living instead of what I do now.. I'm sure my wife will agree too...... And why wouldn't she? I'd make more money for sure, be more happy when I come home from work etc. Full of advantages and no disadvantages to think of. :lol:

EDIT: I didn't even KNOW such thing exists as Bikini Ski Team. Am I allowed to google that now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:03 pm 

Trust me ~ it'll make you look forward to work every day, and get up early every morning! :lol:

Here's the Swedish Bikini Ski Team, just so you know what to look for:

Attachments:
File comment: Picture your Z in the midst of these highly trained athletes! You could sell thousands of calendars, all year long!
bikini team.jpg
bikini team.jpg [ 31.5 KiB | Viewed 5822 times ]
File comment: On their days off, they just like to ski alone.....
bikini ski.jpg
bikini ski.jpg [ 182.04 KiB | Viewed 5822 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:57 am 

I could easily work 10-12 hours a day. Even more. But I'm sure those girls couldn't! (Too cold) Solution? More girls - short shifts. "What's the best part of your job?" "Ummmm... Well, I just love it that I always get to work with so many different people!"

My wife still doesn't see this business idea quite as potential as I do though..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:25 pm 

hi guys, a little update - my head - well technically speaking the head of my Z (MN47) is currently being ported, new schneider cam installed. i just saw flow figures and have a good improvement from stock. the mods aren't huge as there are limits what we could do given that the block is not being touched and the cr stays at 10.4:1. the valves remain stock as bigger ones can't be fitted in due to not touching the bottom.
anyway with the mods done and triple webers there will be significant difference.

i have also taken from fenders off and sanded to bare metal underneath, will primer, paint and also need some welding on the fenders. the fenders will be repainted together with the cowl panel.

just ordered lash pads and I'm afraid those will hold me - delivery estimated 4 weeks from now and I can't obviously assemble the head and carbs before receiving lash pads. kind of frustrating as the season has started and I'll miss 6-8 weeks. anyway once the car will be running it'll be fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:15 pm 

hi guys some progess that I wanted to share with you. new head with Schneider cam is now installed. I'm waiting to receive new chain tensioner and chain and as soon as they arrive will be pretty close to starting the engine for the first time since the head was taken off. (before that I'll have to install front cover, radiator, fluids, alternator, starter etc. Straighten out oil pan flange and install it, put in new filter and oil, do the cam timing, then I'll be able to start the engine and run the cam in. Will need to finalize carb cable fixture and fabricate a lever to the linkage before I'm able to drive her. Also front fenders are still off and in a paint shop. before installing them, will need to weld a small hole in the wheel arch. also still to be done some wiring for fuel pump plus other minor stuff. anyway it feels like I'm finally getting close to the moment of hearing the sweet sound of L-series running again..

Obviously, once she's running, i'll need to have carbs and timing adjusted. pretty sure not every jet I have is perfect for the combo so I expect to spend quite some time tweaking the whole thing but it'll be great. the fact that she's been silent since december is pretty depressing. it feels like a friend wouldn't talk to me for months.. :)

Attachments:
head is on.jpg
head is on.jpg [ 242.94 KiB | Viewed 5469 times ]
old tech is beautiful.jpg
old tech is beautiful.jpg [ 239.09 KiB | Viewed 5469 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:51 pm 

Frank T wrote:
Trust me ~ it'll make you look forward to work every day, and get up early every morning! :lol:

Here's the Swedish Bikini Ski Team, just so you know what to look for:

This should win award for best post !!! :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next