Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:53 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: New distant member
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:20 am 

Hi guys!

I got an invitation to join this great club and i did. Im a young bloke from Finland and got my first Z imported from California last fall. Since then i've been working (slowly but steadily) to make it driveable again. Theres nothing wrong in the engine (as far as i know)and body and suspension are also intact and all original. Except paint.

Interior has been giving me headache as it was totally busted. Now all i need is new brake shoes, original (nos or aftermarket) carpets.
Theres also tons of other small stuff to do but hopefully Z will be on the road by summer :)

Thanks Rick&Kathy!

Attachments:
IMG_9575.jpg
IMG_9575.jpg [ 115.42 KiB | Viewed 12750 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:05 am 

WOW! What a pretty car ~ nosed hood and 5-slot wheels, too! Just the way I like them.

WELCOME, Reverend! It's always a pleasure to meet a new-join, but especially a new International Member! Finland?!! :shock: Any friend of Rick & Kathy is a friend of ours, but you're going to have a tough time making our meetings! :lol:

You are now officially our 6th International Member! That's great!

Please tell us more about your car ~ Why you wanted one, how you found one, what year it is, what partZ you need for it, etc. And you can probably standby for a LOT of questions about your Z and about Finland!

Glad to have you with us ~ hope we can help you build that beauty.

Hey everybody ~ say hello to our newest member, Reverend in Finland!

Z ya!
Frank T
MbrshpDir/CTZCC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:12 am 

Welcome to the CTZCC family Reverend!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:07 am 

Thanks! I got interested while driving my other Datsun B310 to visit my mother and father in-law. Suddenly i saw this absolutely stunning little car coming and i was sold. I knew that kinda car i want. That happened 6 years ago.

Until last year i didnt have a proper job to support my dream but as soon as i got my current job, i started to search internet. At first i was a bit cheap and almost ordered 280Z for something like 400$ but soon realising im gonna use 10 times that money to restore it so i decieded to look for something little more expensive and better quality. Soon i found this golden Z from zcar.com, previous owner was selling it fast and dropping price also to level i can afford.
Guy was a bit suspicious about me first, maybe he tought that im a phoney or something when i told him where im from. Well after some struggling i got car towed to LA. There's actually dozens of Finnish export/import companies in USA that delivers nice cars in affordable price. It also works otherway (in case some1 wants to import car from here :)

After 6.5 weeks in cargo container it finally arrived in the soil of Finland, it was september. Me and my buddy rented trailer and drove to pick it up. Journey was long cause the car was in southern Finland and i live in north. There it was, a little golden Z waiting in chilly september morning for someone to pick it up. Luckily it got few friend with it, 2 60's mustangs and a VERY old Saab.
Rest of the journey went well, i enjoyed driving with Z on my tail as it get looks everywhere we went.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:19 am 

Hahaha! That sounds so very much like our German member, Thorsten! He just bought a 240Z from the USA and had it shipped to Germany. You would really enjoy his New Member Into, called THE JOURNEY HAS STARTED.

We have some fans of Saab and Volvo here in this Club, and we love to watch YouTube videos of your back-woods rally cars!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5NEnwp13g4 (06:45 breaks my heart)

Your Z doesn't appear to need much work, but as you become familiar with it you will find little areas you want to improve or repair. If parts are hard to find there, please let us know what you need. Some of us have many spare parts and enjoy sharing them with other Z owners. The more of these great cars we can keep on the road, the longer people will appreciate them.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:07 am 

I havent see that vid before but it was funny. Especially when people give aplodes to crashes :lol: Yea they do that semi-WRC rally here everywhere.
Also this kind of racing is popular http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZJG_sxBrP0 (with datsun) a bit like destruction derby combined with normal rally.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL3i1mWc ... re=related

Oh that Amazon crash breaks my heart too, though there is plenty of those here to wreck :) My daily driver is actually 940 Volvo, VERY reliable even 18 years old and parts are easy to get.

Atm all i need in my Z is new carpets, driver side window back in place, door panels back in place, pass side locking mechanism to work and some other small stuff i dont remember right now.

Post subject: Hello from Europe
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:51 pm 

Hello Reverend, it's a pleasure to welcome you as a new member of this wonderful club. As Frank already said your import story is similar to mine. My first meeting with my 240 at port of Rotterdam was as exciting as yours in Finland. Where from Finland are you from? I visited Santa Claus in Rovaniemi a few years ago. A wonderful landscape, lovely people.
I'm sure the CTZCC will give your much pleasure. If you have any questions or if you need any advice ask this community. You will meet the most competent and helpful Z-enthusiasts here presumably in the whole US.

Thor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:00 pm 

(Wow, what a nice endorsement! We're all blushing! :oops: Thanks Thor!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:13 am 

Hi Thor

Well i live 250km south of Rovaniemi, in Oulu city. Altough we've planning to move souther and inland, i've had enough coastal cities in my life.

Im looking forward to share info with this forum. Actually im more active in US forums than in Finnish forums, there's just more valuable info here. Most of the Finnish Z owners are young guys who want to tune their cars into wild beasts but i rather keep it as original as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:48 pm 

Welcome to CTZCC, Reverend... I've got mostly Swedish Blood in me. Hope you can make it to the States one day and join us for a Z gathering.

Enjoy!

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:34 pm 

Someday we will eventually come to states, as my Grandma has born and raised in Butte, Montana. I might even have relatives there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:15 am 

Butte was the home of Evel Knievel, the motorcycle daredevil who tried to jump the Grand Canyon on a rocket-propelled Harley Davidson.

Also, my close buddy in the Vietnam war became the mayor of Helena Montana, retired and moved to Butte.

It's a pretty strange town, but full of college girls. You might like it! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:26 am 

Yea, it looks like to be old miner town. My Grandmas father had somesort of inn for the miners, she told my father that back in the day, Butte was a wild city.

I suppose my Z's first owner was a military man, i got this "Fleet administrator free parking" bumper sticker, maybe he was in Nam too.

Btw. My plan or dream, is to drive trough states to Montana with Z of course! But where you can find 240Z's for rent :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:41 pm 

Hello Countryman! Nice to see some Finns around. Gotta meet up when I'm back home next time. Some of my wife's family live in Oulu so I frequently go there. You've got a nice z there! Well done. How is the project moving on? Who did you use for shipping?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:23 pm 

kingofapes wrote:
Hello Countryman! Nice to see some Finns around. Gotta meet up when I'm back home next time. Some of my wife's family live in Oulu so I frequently go there. You've got a nice z there! Well done. How is the project moving on? Who did you use for shipping?

Pretty neat, a couple of Finns meet here for the first time "9000 miles
from home," and one has relatives in the hometown of the other. Same
type of thing happened last week: Kathy and I sang in a Good Friday
cantata at our church in Branford. The director is on the music depart-
ment faculty at Yale and "conscripted" a terrific baritone soloist, a gradu-
ate student who's from my hometown in Texas, but only 2000 miles away.
FWIW,......................Rick (and Kathy, of course)

1969 Z.CAR (#00013 10/69) 8/30/76
1969 ITSA.Z (#00171 11/69) 8/24/73
1970 OLD.Z (#06289 6/70) original owner
1971 510 2dr since 12/31/75
1969 1600 rdstr (our 160-Z)
1971 (#19851 1/71) sold
1975 75.Z (#01343 1/75)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next