Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:45 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:44 pm 

HOOORAY! Our foreign members finally got together! I feel like we should pop a bottle of champagne or something!

ROSS! Your Club has officially held its first overseas meeting! :lol:
You're International, buddy!

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:20 pm 

I think we could have talked about Z's for hours, time was sadly limited. Thanks for the calendar!! Im making our computer room as my own "Z mecca" with posters and other Datsun related stuff. 8) Youre most welcome to visit again! Merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone!! :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:36 pm 

it is great to meet with other Z/Datsun people! For so many years when I did not own any Datsuns, but was nevertheless keen on them I never met with anyone vaguely interested in these cars, and when ever mentioned my interest in these fine automobiles I faced astonished, nervous laughter, not like minded interest. But now it is different. It is great to share the interest and to be able to learn from other's experience. keep up the good work! now family is awaiting my company...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:35 am 

Finally the weather has warmed enough so i could drove my z out of garage. I didnt drive it further cause there is some snow/water/salt on the roads. Engine idled nicely (except for that strange whistling noise that comes and goes) and new alternator works fine. I just have to get rid of that exhaust smell on the inside, wife told me to immediatetly put all of my clothes to washer.. :wink: I've sealed the rear lights but it seems that the exhaust smell is coming from the front, not rear..

Still need to do some work with the interior, i installed new rear panels (from MSA), i need to do little tinkering as the panel was too big but got it in place without ruining it. There is big car event coming in first of May, traditional May Day celebrations. All the classic cars and motorcycles will make miles long convoy across the town.

By the way, anyone got the paint code for the air filter cover?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:57 am 

John T? Carl Beck? Jimbo Frederick? Anybody know the real paint code for the breadbox?

Last edited by Frank T on Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:04 pm 

sorry Rev I've meant to go through some paint chips to find closest possible match but have been so busy. Will try to get some this week (I know I said that last time too..)
finding a european chip will probably be more helpful than some old US code because I've realized it's next to impossible to get any paints mixed with them in europe (different brands etc)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:09 am 

No probs! Just started to replace oil pan seal, there sure is plenty of screws in there... When i unplug the drain plug, of course it dropped to my drain tank, in the middle of the drain hole and plugged it. I almost had a oil catastrophy but i thrust my hand in to oil and released the plug. The plug is now in that oil can.. :oops: It seems that my Zee is leaking oil from one of the starter bolts, so it must be the rear main seal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:07 pm 

I've made my first run this year and Z run perfectly. I almost snapped few bypassers necks, while driving pass them. Funny how some can lost focus when they see something interesting :P Well its still under construction, i added some sound deadening on the doors and did some cleaning on the interior. Also my steering wheel is freshly coated and drying at the moment.
It's gonna be a great season!

Attachments:
IMG_3248.JPG
IMG_3248.JPG [ 520.3 KiB | Viewed 4396 times ]
IMG_3247.JPG
IMG_3247.JPG [ 546.56 KiB | Viewed 4396 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:13 pm 

looking good! that door is super clean. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:14 pm 

OH, I envy you! There's no better feeling than getting your Z out for the first time each year, especially after you've worked on it all winter.

Ask Thor! :D

Frank

PS ~ Wonder what's happening with Boomer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:40 pm 

Yea those doors were painted good. Im gonna attach the door panels next but not the traditional way. Im using 3M butyl strip, it's quite sticky stuff and should keep the panels on place. First i was going to use the clips but panels are so worn out in those areas that butyl seems to be only option if i want to preserve the panels for decades more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:13 am 

Well, if you use the passenger side grab bar, you'll have to bolt that on. It won't stay any other way and if you glued it, it would come off in someone's hand.

ALSO ~ our Florida member Jim Frederick has had the aircleaner paint color computer-scanned and matched perfectly for his 22 restored 240Zs. He doesn't know the Datsun paint code number but has several cans of this paint for sale if you want one. They're 'about' $30US each. Not sure if you can legally/safely fly them overseas or not ~ might have to go surface travel? Do aerosol cans explode in flight?

Let me know if you're interested and we'll hook you guys up.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:31 am 

Local paint store have that hi tech gizmo that'll tell the paint used, well it won tell EXACT paint but the closest matching one. Maybe i'll take it there. Im just "purist" in these paint things :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:31 am 

We had a national "labor day" last weekend and part of it is the old car exhibition/parade across the city. There were about 150 cars (not that much) but i was amazed about the amount of people!! There were literally TENS OF THOUSANDS of people gathered on the 10 mile we drive trough the city. Police had closed all the roads for us. It was amazing!

Here is few pics before the parade, i'll try to upload a video later so you get the picture of the magnitude of that parade.

Attachments:
5.jpg
5.jpg [ 595.48 KiB | Viewed 4291 times ]
4.jpg
4.jpg [ 549.54 KiB | Viewed 4291 times ]
3.jpg
3.jpg [ 553.18 KiB | Viewed 4291 times ]
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 269.16 KiB | Viewed 4291 times ]
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 584.12 KiB | Viewed 4291 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:48 am 

nice cars but the Z is the best! really nice that you've got yours running and can expose the beauty to the local scene!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next