Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:22 am 

By the way Reverend, those CDs of your band have been distributed and are making their way around the Club. As soon as one member gets done listening to one (and probably pirating it! :lol:), it gets passed on to another member.

Paul has received his own personal copy, as you requested. My kid kept one and I can't get it away from her.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:42 am 

Thanks Frank! Pirate it as much as you want, maybe someday it reaches the ears of some major record label boss :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:47 am 

"r" something I forgot. :oops: Well, you could make one of those James Bond cars that goes underwater, how cool would that be. keep rockin on. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:53 pm 

Well, what an day. I took Z to inspection office as customs demanded that i deliver official paper with all the required information to them. Car is still a bit rough looking inside as the door panels are not installed.

To my great surprise there were only few little things that i need to do in order to get it registered permanently. I think the inspectioner enjoyed his job, as he drove the Z all over the yard "testing" it. I bet he did.

Windshield washer engine is broken and it needs to be replaced (can you imagine that it affects!!??), i need to rewire front park lights to driving lights so that they only illuminate when you use turn signal (he said it would be eas but im superbad on electrics) and finally my turning signals died just before i drove in there. That's a bad luck. Now it does only one click-clock instead of continuous click-clock-click.....

Well there it is shortly, im off to France!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:18 pm 

Rev, I have the same job of rewiring the parking lights awaiting. As soon as I get the new euro headlights I'll do it. I'm not a genius on car electronics either , but I think it'll be pretty easy.
As for my turn signals they do that all the time. sometimes the switch works fine other times I have to push the switch quite hard to get them going, and then sometimes they still won't work. and yeah it's not unusual on mine either that they only blink once. I was lucky that on my inspection they worked, and that was helped by the fact that the guy allowed me to operate the lights and signals as he didn't know how they work.. ;)

and you're welcome to France! I'm having temperature now and was off work today and will be tomorrow as well. going to see my doctor and hope I'll be fine by sunday. I'm also having pain on my hips for extended period of time and I may need to be off work for a little longer. dunno where the pain comes from, possibly from working on awkward positions on my zee.. :? I'll keep you informed about sunday, ok?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:37 pm 

We were cleaning the carage yesterday and my Z got the honor to hold all the matresses 8) Its looking quite hilarious. Sadly the winter got us, there was 1 inch of snow on the ground as i went to work this morning. No more Zeeing this year :evil: Also next 2 months are darkest in whole year. I really got to grab my self from the neck before kaamos-depression (kaamos is the word for those darkest months) hits me.
It's quite common in here that when the sun wont shine and days are cold and dark, people got depressed. Got to dream about the sunny California 8)

Attachments:
Valokuva0141.jpg
Valokuva0141.jpg [ 1.67 MiB | Viewed 5474 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:54 pm 

Reverend, just think of the joy you'll experience in 2 months when you get to take her out for the first time all over again!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:35 pm 

Yea it'll be day to remember. It'll took more than 2 months though, winter up here lasts at least to April. That "dark age" lasts 2 months when there is very little snow and sun is in its lowest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:12 am 

Sounds spooky.

Remember to put a can of DryGas or StaBil in your fuel tank, and run your car a once or twice a month. I put a trickle charger on my battery, too.

Unless you use salt on the roads there, it wouldn't be a disaster to get the underside of the Z wet occasionally. Salt here kills our cars, so we simply hide them until the spring rain has washed away all the salt off the roads.

If it's possible to drive your Z out into the driveway and back into the garage a few times, that helps stir up the gearbox and differential so the lubricants don't thicken. It also scrubs rust off the U-joints, brake rotors and drums (and probably scares the mice away too!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1idOq-Vk ... re=related

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:30 am 

Rev, bon courage, i know the feeling. winters in Finland are LONG, and can get a bit daunting, but on the other hand it's time to realx: bath often in the sauna, work on your car, invite friends over for dinner, watch movies, play hockey all that stuff that you don't do in the summer as you're too busy with your Z :)
we're getting close to the xmas time and we're planning a trip back home. we must meet up then, I'll keep u informed ok?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:16 am 

Yea gotta do all that. But first i need to fix those PITA parking lights. I found the right wire to cut (green with blue stripe on it) in order to make those front turn signals legal. It SHOULD be simple job but it aint. The headlight cover bucket is so tight that it is almost impossible to lure the parking light socket in. I've removed the spring that holds it on place but after i'll try to put it back...sheesh. Even more frustrating is fact that it is only thing i need to do before i get this car fully registrated. :shock:

Well, if i aint got luck with Z, i can always work on the other Datsun i just got in my yard :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:21 pm 

Rev, do you know about this guy?

http://ZHome.com/Dec99/Finland.htm

He is listed on (our member) Carl Beck's excellent Internet Z Car Club website: http://www.zhome.com/

Maybe you should contact this guy?

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:07 am 

Yea i know him. Basically all of the Z owners of Finland know eachother because there is so few 8) He actually sold that car few months ago, i cant understand why anyone would sell car as beautiful as Zee.

I managed to do the wiring for parking lamp, it was quite straight forward actually :) Now i gotta figure how i'll get the Goldie to inspection office, it has summer tires and there is snow on the ground.. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:35 am 

Little update: Zee got now (1,5 months ago) official licence. Also pile of parts have been ordered and recieved. For more info and pics go to http://240zgoldie.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:02 pm 

I had the pleasure of meeting with Rev today and I must tell he and his wife are great folks! Very, very nice people and I'm sure we will meet again. Rev is a lucky guy with his beautiful wife, house with 3 garages, 150Y Datsun and last but not least, Goldie, his 240z that is an incredibly good Z - especially given he paid a few pennies for it! Wow, next time I do lottery I'll ask Rev for his advice as to what numbers to fill in! :D
Merry Christmas folks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next