Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:27 pm 

Very purdy!

Trying to picture how the wife helped bench-press the Differential with you. It's no easy job ~ I hope you used a floor jack to help with some of it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:12 pm 

Hahah, not selling it :D Yea we actually got 2 jacks, otherwise it would not have happened. She was the "jack-operator" as i was under the car screaming instructions and trying not to get under anything heavy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:21 am 

****DING DING DING!****

And YOU, Reverend, have just made our 39,000th Post, and won yourself a free Revel 1/25th scale model of Pete Brock's race-winning 240Z, if you agree to enter our on-going model contest!

You must agree to assemble it yrslf (or let your wife do it), and paint it however you want. Agreed?

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:51 am 

WOW! Of course i agree :D I use to make models all day when i was kid (my father 67yrs still makes them, mostly military models and has all cabinets full of them) My first model was 1966 Ford Pick-Up. It has been years since i last built any models and i've been thinking of starting again.. :D

This club is awesome!

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:31 am 

I finally managed to wrap this paint thing up. Thanks for the warming weathers.

This is the situation right after the engine was taken out, it was a lot more dirtier but i had already cleaned most of the dirt off.

And this is the situation from yesterday evening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:59 am 

:shock: WOW! Really nice work! :D

Will the rest of the car be that same color?
What exhaust system are you showing there? Are those duals, all the way back to the bumper?
Did you get your model Z in the mail yet?

Frank T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:19 am 

Rest of the car is already the same color :lol: (Nissan A17) Just refreshing the engine bay to "complete the look".

As far as i know, that is single stock pipe. Im planning to put bigger 2" or 2.5" pipe with glasspack to reduce drone.

Im pretty sure that model will arrive soon, i alredy consulted my cousin (who builds these all day) how to make it pretty :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:39 am 

I'm BACK! Sheehs it has been a LONG time since i last visited this site. But i have had a busy year with my work, Z, and everything else. A LOT has happened since my last visit. But im going to concentrate on Datsuns 8)

I got the engine bay rebuilded, it looks fabulous! Drove thousands of km's/miles this summer and had a good time with Datsun people all over Finland. Only thing that broke down during the longest road trip i made, was the windshield wiper, and of course in heavy rain. :D And only because of faulty rivet, that was easy 2$ fix. Other than that Z worked like a charm and snapped necks where ever we went. I was in my last run at the end of september, just turning to my home road, when this old timer V8 passed me and all i could see was this big smile and thumbs up from the cabin. It was a good day to end the season.
Some change of plans have also happened. Some who have followed might remember that i had a set of triple Webers, which i tried to install but couldnt because they were not a matching set.. Well i sold the carbs and found a set of even more interesting triples, the SK/OER! I sold the sexy looking set of SU's as well, interestily enough, they are going to be in 1990 Nissan Laurel (??). SK's have couple advantages over any other sidedraft carburators, like the externally adjustable float and acceleration pump.
Now the Z is waiting for me to figure out the linkage system and fuel pump issue, as i dont yet have proper pump. Old mechanical does not feed enough fuel to keep those babies from starving. Im considering either the Nismo pump, Facet Red Top or some other. According to certain study, triplets with vacuum advance can be very economical compared to ones without, so im going to use that too.

As all these Z related stuff was not enough, i decieded to sell my belowed -81 B310 Sunny to get another crazy project to fill my garage and empty my pockets. I bought 1979 330 Datsun Cedric. I got it fairly cheap and its mechanically working but has a LOT of rust issues. Also have very good interior. For now it has SD22 diesel engine, but i already have spare L24 waiting for rebuild. I'd rebuild that car asap, but alas, the weather here is quite chilly (close to -30C) and my garage is not heated (but it is insulated, so it goes max -10) This car was formerly been used as a taxi, and it has many luxury features such as: leather(ish) seats, radio AND cassette player (radio for driver and cassette player for rear seaters), electrically opening trunk lid and fuel lid etc etc. In domestic Japanese versions they had even more. Its a 70's luxury sedan, and im going to keep it that way, maybe lower it a bit.

Well thats about it, i hopefully have time to check in more often. Oh and i still havent got the time to build that scale model :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:41 am 

Happy New Year Rev!
Nice to zee you back.
Nice job on the Z too!

Al

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:20 pm 

Very sweet! And good luck on your other Datsun project. :D

Post subject: Re: New distant member
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:38 am 

Whoa, this forum has changed a lot!

Check these babies out... :lol:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdavlotzfpam9 ... 125936.mp4

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11