Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:26 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:50 pm 

Hi everyone,
I first want to say what an awesome web site this is. It is top notch in appearance, relevance, and usefulness whether you're a Z owner or not. Kudos to everyone involved in the development and maintenance of this web site. I am also a Web Master for the agency I work for so I think I can speak with some certainty knowing the complexities of putting a site like this together. Great job! As for joining the club, I was so impressed to get the welcoming emails from Frank. I already feel like a long time member of the family. Thank you Frank for your very warm welcome. I am also a new Z owner, acquiring my '07 350Z Touring Roadster last November. I traded my '08 Nissan Altima SE 3.5 for it because I wanted something more fun to drive. I must say though that the Altima was not by any means a typical day to day form of transportation with 3.5 litres. It just wasn't a...welll....a Z. There is no comparison going through 6 gears in my Z and rounding curves like it was on a rail. My biggest decision was whether or not to buy a Roadster or Coupe. I never had a convertible and it was always my dream to own one so I went with the soft top. I found my ZR at a dealer in MA and the salesman and mgr made me a deal I couldn't refuse. Anyway, it is gray in color and has just over 12,000 miles on it and has been pampered by it's previos owner and will continue to be by me. It is a garage queen for sure. I have driven it just 3 times since getting it. Except for a couple of very minor scratches and a scratched up wheel, it is in pristine condition. I will be sending along pictures as soon as I take them, perhaps this weekend with the warm weather coming. I'm so glad that I discovered this site and the club. I'm sure I will be having questions regarding my Z the more I drive it. I already have my first one and it's probably a rather stupid one. How do I know if my convertible top is cloth or vinyl? I'm pretty sure it's cloth but want to be positive before I treat it with any cleaner/protector. Also, I'm hoping to put the top down this weekend for the first time and I will be referring to the manual to know how to do this properly. Any suggestions regarding this will be helpful. I'm looking forward to any club car shows and meeting other Z owners in the club. Thanks again Frank for your warm welcome and you club members for taking the time to get this far in reading about my story. Take care all!

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:41 pm 

Welcome to the CTZCC family John! Glad to have another Z owner in my neck of the woods!

As for the club, members, website and their rides, you an't seen anything yet!! Hope you can make it to our first 2010 meeting next month. This one is in Old Saybrook, so you have no excuse not to make it!

Last edited by phil280zxt on Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:05 pm 

Welcome John..

I'll echo Phil, come down to the first meeting on Wednesday, 4/14. See the post in Upcoming Events.

Looking forward to seeing an additional 350Z roadster out there!

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:59 pm 

WELCOME ABOARD, John! Great to have you and your wonderful SoftTop 350 among us!

Your question is NOT stupid ~ in fact, it has been the subject of much debate. Here's an interesting thread about it which you might find of use:

http://350zmotoring.com/forums/detailin ... print.html

It appears the exterior is vinyl, while the interior is cloth?

As a new 350 owner, you might also enjoy the website "350ZMotoring.Com". We also have a member whose screen name is Roadster 350 near you, who has owned his car about a year and should be good to know.

You're gonna find a lot of new friends in this Club, who are farrrrr more knowledgeable about the great Roadsters than I am. One of the best sources is our member Phil Wallace, sales manager at NISSAN of Middletown (860-632-6550). Tell him you're our Club member ~ that makes you brothers!

Our first Monthly Meeting this year is in Old Saybrook, and we'd love to meet you and zee that Roadster!

(Great intro, by the way :wink:) And we thank you for recogniZing the efforts of Jim Hagani, our wonderful Web Wizzard, who does such a tremendous job on this Club's website and refuses to take anything for it. He's got to be the World's Best Webmaster. In fact, I think I recall him having a plaque stating just that :lol:

He also loves the ZX cars, and has a garage and yard full of them.

You're gonna have a wonderful summer with us, John. Fasten your seatbelt!

Frank T
MbrshpDir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:36 pm 

What can we say other than what has already been said above?
This is one guy (w/wife) we would love to meet, and oh, yes, the
car, too. If not at the Apr meeting in Saybrook, we will be very
disappointed.

All Z Best,..................................Kathy & Rick

1969 Z.CAR (#00013 10/69) 8/30/76
1969 ITSA.Z (#00171 11/69) 8/24/73
1970 OLD.Z (#06289 6/70) original owner
1971 510 2dr since 12/31/75
1969 1600 rdstr (our 160-Z)
1971 (#19851 1/71) sold
1975 75.Z (#01343 1/75)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:49 pm 

Welcome to Zee club John! these guys are awesome! Frank is the man! he helped trailer my baby all the way from Haddam CT to Oxford CT and drove down to Oxford to lend a hand on working on the Z. i am forever in this mans debt. and i enjoy trying to repay it. this is like no other club out there. My Z will be making it's first appearance in April as well. look forward to meeting you and getting a ride in the Z.....:) hey it's my goal to get a ride in a 350Z thought i would put that out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:29 am 

Thank you everyone for your warm welcome. I'm very much hoping to be at the meeting April 14 and hope the love of my life comes also, no not the Z although of course I will be bringing that...the real love of my life, Becky :D Without her encouragement and support, my dream of owning a Z would not be possible. Thank you Kathy and Rick for the kind words :) Take care all!

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:52 pm 

John,
Welcome to your new home! You've found THE place to be if you love Z cars and hanging out with like-minded folks. Look forward to meeting you in April. Ross