Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:13 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:52 pm 

Hi Carl, unfortunately Robert cannot make an english version. I will translate the text (lot of stuff, and my english is poor, so it will take some time). Pledged! I will call Robert. He will tell me about the silver Z. I keep you informed!

Thorsten

Carl Beck wrote:
Hi Colin:
Great FIND - - - I track the Vintage Z's, so I found this most interesting.

Thorsten - you'll have to get your Friend Robert Tomitzi or someone else - to do an English Voice Over on the Film.. I'd love to know what is said.

I'd like to know more about the Silver 240Z as well.

FWIW,
Carl B.

Post subject: Robert
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:36 pm 

I sent Robert this Mail. I'm sure he will answer shortly!

Lieber Robert,
wie gehts Dir?
Ich hatte Dir ja erzählt, dass ich mir einen Datsun 240 z kaufen werde. Getan! Das Auto ist inzwischen nach Rotterdam verschifft worden, steht im Moment beim Zoll, kommt voraussichtlich am Samstag bei mir an. Huch, ein Abenteuer. Die Auto Bild Klassik wird berichten. Ich halt Dich auf dem Laufenden. Ich hab dazu ne Frage! Die Amerikaner haben mir bei der Sache unglaublich geholfen, die exponiertesten Z-Experten vor Ort. Ich hatte zum Glück die richtigen Adressen und Leute am Start. Perfekt! In der Zwischenzeit bin ich Mitglied im Connecticut Z Car Club (www.ctzcc.com). Die Jungs - darunter der USA Z-Papst Carl Beck (werfe mal einen Blick auf die Seite: www.zhome.com) haben Deinen Film über den 240er in youtube entdeckt und sind völlig aus dem Häuschen, erst recht nachdem sie hörten, dass ich den Autor schon ewig kenne und schätze und den orangenen 240er von Nissan Deutschland auch. Sie verstehen nur leider keine Silbe und wollen u.a. wissen, wer der Schumacher da mit seinem silbernen classic-zedd ist. Könntest Du mir, lieber Robert, den Text mal schicken, damit ich ihn übersetzen kann? Das wäre ganz lieb von Dir. Und: hast Du eine Adresse von dem Herrn Schumacher?
Liebe Grüsse und hoffentlich bis bald mal,
Thorsten

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:05 pm 

Thor's letter to his friend translates (roughly) into English like this:

"Dear Robert, how goes it with you? I told you I would buy a 240Z ~ I did! The car has been shipped to Rotterdam and is presently awaiting tarriff. It should arrive to me on Saturday. Such an adventure! There will be a report about the car. I will keep you up to date. I have another question. The Americans unbelievably helped me with this thing, the best Z experts available there. I fortunately had the correct addresses at the beginning. Perfect! Since then I have become a member of the Connecticut Z Car Club (www.ctzcc.com). The boys (under the American "Z Pope" Carl Beck (honest Carl ~ that's what it says!) (Look at his site www.zhome.com) discovered your film of the 240 on You Tube and are completely crazy about it, especially when they learned that I have known the owner forever and know the orange 240 also from Nissan of Germany. Unfortunately, they don't understand a word (of the video) and want to know (among other things), who Mr. Schumacher is with his silver Zedd. Could you please send me the transcript Robert, so I can translate it for them? That would be completely kind of you. And do you have Mr. Schumacher's address?
Best wishes and I hope to see you soon,
Thorsten"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:35 pm 

The Z looks great! Let us know what kind of attention you get driving her down the road in Germany! Congrats!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:49 pm 

I 've been to Germany before and can only imagine how it is to drive a Z there. Tis something I can't say that I have done.
Thorsten your going to have a blast Cruising around in a country that has such beautiful Architecture.. Enjoy and keep us all posted. :wink:

Black 2007 350-Z
67 Camaro Custom
Orange Late 71 240-Z Sold and sitting in a Doctors Collection

Colin Foote Never Forgotten!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:15 pm 

Scott.cole, thanks. Indeed - the region here is first class for drivers. Mountains eastern, France (Alsace) ten minutes west, the Swiss Alpes two hours, Italy (Milano) four hours south, Paris four1/2 hours west. It's really all-round. However: I love it to drive in the US! It's something very special again and again, even though all the wonderful classic muscle cars and giant road cruisers more or less have vanished. It's such a shame!

Thor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:30 pm 

Ja, Ja.... Es bildet mich traurig. (it makes me sad).

You should have been a teenager in the 1960s America, Thor ~ it was a GREAT time to be a "motor-head". Every neighborhood had a hotrod.

Every high school kid was buying a muscle car. Friday and Saturday nights were "cruise nights" ~ noplace to go, but you had to speed to get there. Whoever survived the weekend "won".

Monday mornings were filled with news about which of our school friends were killed in a car crash, in hospital, in jail for speeding, drafted into the Army, or killed in Vietnam.

It was an "interesting" time to be a teenager.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:56 pm 

I'll take EU roads over US roads 4/5 times. Exciting adventure we are watching here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:18 am 

thorstlink wrote:
Hi Carl, unfortunately Robert cannot make an english version. I will translate the text (lot of stuff, and my english is poor, so it will take some time). Pledged! I will call Robert. He will tell me about the silver Z. I keep you informed!

Thorsten

Hi Thorsten:
That would be GREAT!! - - Thanks...

Carl B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:19 pm 

Only three more days until Thor gets his Z car..............
Waiting.......waiting......waiting......

Post subject: waiting
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:48 am 

Frank T wrote:
Only three more days until Thor gets his Z car..............
Waiting.......waiting......waiting......

Yes, horrible... the car will arrive on Monday, my last information. five days more..... Ächz..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:25 am 

Yeah ~ somebody at the dock decided he wanted to drive your car for the weekend!!!! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:39 am 

Frank T wrote:
Yeah ~ somebody at the dock decided he wanted to drive your car for the weekend!!!! :(

Worse: the carrier makes unexpected problems. Amateurs!
I decided to collect the car in Rotterdam self on Tuesday.
A good guy will loan me his Toyota V8 Landcruiser plus closed trailer.
This will be a memorable trip.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:55 pm 

Achtung! Achtung! I think it maybe illegal to tow a Datsun with a Toyota!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:59 pm 

Not in this case, the Datsun is the backup vehicle!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27  Next