Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:21 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Brand New 'Z' owner!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:31 am 

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say hello and share my excitement for being part of this nice community. I've been admiring the Z cars from afar for a very very long time (since the early '80's when I was a little kid). Back then, I had pictures of Z's and other exotic sports cars taped to my bedroom walls, having ripped them from my father's Road & Track and Car & Driver magazines. The Z's always stood out in my mind, and with every new generation that came out, I swore that I'd have one one day....

Well, that day came this past Monday, and I'm now the proud new owner of a Monterrey Blue 370Z touring WITH rear spoiler ;) The story is this - I called around to a few local dealerships looking for a used 350Z... and a salesman at Executive Nissan in North Haven told me over the phone that they had a blue 350z coupe right there on the showroom floor. Hmmm... interesting..... when I asked him what year, he said '2009'. Knowing that they only extended the 350Z into 2009 as a roadster, I asked 'are you sure it's a 350Z, and not a 370Z?'. And of course my suspicion was correct. It was a brand new 370, touring with 15 miles on the odometer. (Incidentally, they have a 1980 10th anniversary 280ZX right there on their showroom floor for sale too - I'll give more info if anyone is interested).

To make a long story short, he sucked me in over the phone promising tons of discounts because it's the end of the year, and after a test drive and a full day of price negotiations, the car is now mine! I'm happy and proud to be a member of this club. From what I've read on here so far, it seems like the age ranges and interest in the different generations of Z cars really runs the gamut from the very first Z's to the latest and greatest in Z technology. As a 30-something owner I'm encouraged to see that this site is not just for younger guys who want to modify and beat on their cars - there's also a lot of folks like me who appreciate these cars for what they naturally are and just want to be part of a long-standing tradition. I'm very much looking forward to meeting you at the next gathering.. I'm in central CT, and I'd be up for any kind of meet anytime.

I love every generation of these cars, and I'm very glad to be part of this legendary culture. Thanks for having me :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:34 am 

Hello Mr Smash, welcome to the club!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:48 am 

That's Great another 370Z, Wlecome to the club!

Please give us your name next time you pop in. You'll soon hear from Membership Director Frank with a warm welcome and some instructions to hit the Join Button on the home page and upload photos of your new 370Z into the member rides gallery.

Our season has ended for club events ands meetings, but keep checking "Upcoming Events" for other activities or member Fun Runs that are posted before the snow flies.

Check out our store for club Merchandize...sales help fund our future events.

Z ya around from a 40 something Z owner :D

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:58 am 

I am so happy to hear stories like this! 'The dream of a lifetime come true' sort of thing. It sort of rings of the kid who waits all his life for something, then one day ~ BAM! ~ there it is under the Christmas tree.

Congratulations on your new Z! We have a member in here who bought a 370Z not only as his first Z car, but also as his first Sports Car! Talk about taking a big bite of the Apple on the first try! :shock: But he has done well with it and fell in love with his car early-on, just as I'm sure you will with yours.

The CT Z Car Club is a very active bunch of Nutmeggers who love every era of the Z car. We are not just an internet forum ~ we're an actual Club. We have over 330 members, who own about 500 Z cars among them. We meet monthly during the 8 months the weather lets us take our classic Zs out onto the road, and we hold weekly events during that time, too. You have discovered us at the very end of our Zeason, when our carz are headed for hibernation. (And just how DID you find us, by the way?)

We invite you to look around our website here, and if you like what you zee and want to become part of us, please press the big red button on our Homepage and apply for membership. We're FREE, and we don't disclose your personal info to anyone.

Just ask around ~ anyone in this Club will tell you the truth. We're having so much fun together it's probably boarder-line illegal! So join! I'll watch for your application.

And give us a name we can call you, pleaZe?

Z ya ~
Frank Thomas
Membership Director/CTZCC
Apr/70 240Z
Sep/71 240Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:36 am 

Yo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:59 am 

WELCOME TO THE CLUB!! ZEE YOU AT THE NEXT EVENT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:23 am 

Welcome, and I'd have to say If I could go out and buy a 370z I defiantly would, and plan on within a couple years when some other things get paid off. It's quite a car, and even the roadster. I spent some time on the Nissan sight building my dream 370z, and I would go with the black with the tan interior. My only decision making problem would be do I buy a Z32 instead to continue my line. (The twin turbo is such an awesome car.) I already have the S30, S130, Z32 so it's a hard decision, but I have time. :D I always wanted to buy a brand new Z so if I push it off I might end up with a 400z. :shock: Welcome again and hope to see you at some of the events and "Enjoy the Ride."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:19 pm 

More 370Z company, cool!

Welcome to the site :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:59 pm 

Welcome, you're with family now!!

Post subject: Re: Brand New 'Z' owner!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:12 pm 

Welcome..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:14 am 

When we saw the handle, "Smashbar," :shock: we got so intimidated we
thought we had better give this one a very wide berth. Hopefully
it isn't descriptive of one's driving? :lol: :lol:

If you haven't joined the Club already like Frank and others requested,
then perhaps my little nudge will help you along. Don't be like us; we
cheated ourselves out of a lot of friendships and great times for over
30 years :( because we thought that Z activity had gone the way of
the wooly mammoth and the dodo bird!

All Z Best,.........................Kathy & Rick

1969 Z.CAR (#00013 10/69) 8/30/76
1969 ITSA.Z (#00171 11/69) 8/24/73
1970 OLD.Z (#06289 6/70) original owner
1971 510 2dr since 12/31/75
1969 1600 rdstr (our 160-Z)
1971 (#19851 1/71) sold
1975 75.Z (#01343 1/75)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:56 am 

Wow - thank you all so much for the immensely warm welcome! You're all so kind and I'm very much looking forward to meeting you some day. I'll be 'hitting the red button' today to make everything official. Incidentally I had no idea that there were over 300 members in the club. That's extremely impressive and encouraging! I'm wondering if there's anybody out my way... near Southington? Anyways, my baby is getting a clear-bra installed this weekend, and after that it will only be coming out to play on those rare nice days (that we've had a lot of lately, actually!).

That's it - look forward to meeting you guys, and thanks again for the kind welcome. And no, I don't drive like a mad-man. I'm faithfully sticking to the 'break-in' schedule and have been driving the car like a grandma all week.

My name is Myron, by the way.... I bet you don't know too many guys with THAT name. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:45 am 

Actually, two of the most impressive men I've ever met in my life had that name! Both very professional and honorable, and both Scotties. I'll be holding you to a high standard now! :lol:

And I have all sortz of thoughts running thru my head about that CLEAR BRA! :roll: Can't go into them in this family Website, tho :wink:

Many people who find this Website for the first time are unaware that we are a Club, not just an internet forum. Most of our 330 members live right here in CT and we gather together as many times each year as we can. Most of us know each other by sight, communicate off-screen daily, and help each other with the carz. We've never had a fight, or an arrest, or a single larceny among us. In fact, we frequently give stuff away to each other free. We really are like a family with a strict Mom :lol: You're gonna like us.

Frank
MbrshpDir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:44 pm 

Welcome to the club Myron! Congrats on your new Z!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:22 pm 

Myron,
Welcome to the club! Hey, when you get a chance, please send me details of that clear bra to ross@ctzcc.com. These 350's / 370's take a beating on the front end and I just had all of my "divits" filled since they were doing body work on my car. I have a 2008 350Z and I'd be interested in learning where you had the bra installed, costs, etc. Thanks and look forward to meeting you at some point. Ross