Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:29 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:31 pm 

Hello Everyone. My name is Brian and I'm happy to be a new member of your club. I live on Long Island, but grew up in Ridgefield, just up the road from Bob Sharp Datsun. My first Z-car was a 1974 1/2 260. I loved that car. It was such a great, fun car to have growing up. My current Z-car is a 1976 280 which I've had for about 12 years, I bought this one in 1997. It's literally been in storage, sitting in my garage for all this time. It has been driven less than 10 miles. It's really not a conventional Z-car. I got it because it looked just like my original one. Same color, 307 acrylic enamal Pacific Blue. This car has a black interior which is all new. The seats, headliner, carpets, dashboard, door panels, etc. have all been redone. My first car had a white interior. The 280 also came with a V-8, headers, sidepipes, Edelbrock manifold, Holley carb, Crane cam,and M/T heads. I have decided to finally get this car on the road and start enjoying it. I will be posting some pictures soon. Thanks again for your membership. Sincerely, Brian J.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:43 pm 

Brian welcome to the club, you have found a great set of people. Another group is NYZCC.org a new Z club in NY local to you too! We have about 10 s30 members from the island so please be sure to sign up there.

When you get a chance, we would love to see pics of the car. Is the goal to have her on the road by next summer? Again, welcome and look forward to meeting you.

1976 Fairlady Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:06 pm 

Yo!

Post subject: Thank's
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:09 pm 

Clive, Thank you for your welcoming. The Z car is quite road worthy. Probably just needs some fresh gas. Stabil doesn't last forever. My good friend Vinny is in the process of putting new rear wheel cylinders on it. I will post pictures tomorrow or Wednesday. It is a pretty Sharp car, that doesn't need really anything. Just to be driven. Thank's again. Sincerely, Brian J. AKA- 60/40!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:28 pm 

Brian,
Welcome to the CTZCC! Definitely hook up with Clive and the NY gang at NYZCC as well. We partied with them last weekend and they're a great bunch of guys with some killer cars. Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:56 pm 

Hi Brian! WELCOME Aboard! I just sent you a Welcome letter and forgot to mention your SIDE PIPES :shock: ??? I can only imagine what that must look like on a Z car! Images of the 1967 Sting Ray flash thru my mind! Please send pictures soon!

You have *JUST* missed a great day together with the most wonderful carz and owners in New England! Our Annual Fall Outing picnic was held on Saturday and we had a blast. But you have one more chance to meet some of us before the snow flies and we put the carz away ~ this weekend we have a Fun Run in Shelton CT, just to say HELLO and GOODBYE for the zeason. Please join us? We undrstnd about your car not being ready ~ don't let that stop you from meeting with us. (I attended this same Fun Run last year in an Explorer :roll: ) We'd love to meet you.

Everything about this Club is FREE. There are no dues, no yearly fees, nothing! (Porsche Club owners are SO jealous! :lol: ). We now have over 320 members with more than 500 Z cars and Roadsters, so you'll have plenty of folks to talk to in these Forums over the winter. We'll be looking forward to hearing from you often in here.

Once again, WELCOME ABOARD!

Hey everyone, say hello to Brian with the V8-280Z!

Z ya ~
Frank T
MbrshpDir/CTZCC

*(MENTAL NOTE TO MYSELF: Self, never solicit group action during a World Series game! :roll: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:06 am 

Hello, Howdy and Hi! Glad to have another Z in our club. Oh its nice to have you too..lol