Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:08 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: finally got another Z
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:11 pm 

When I was young and stupid I owned a one owner 1983 datsun 280zx turbo. It was a beautiful one of a kind car. It made me feel so good. I was known to everyone. People I didn't know knew me. I felt like the highschool football player. It was a great feeling. I would get stopped everywhere I went by strangers, friends, and even cops. But because of rushing to walmart for Christmas pictures I took a wrong turn ending up over a curb and a tree stump
ending the life of the car I loved. It's been 9 years since that day and I've had other car but nothing compared to a Z car. Well as of today I have just purchased a 1978 Datsun 280z. It's not the car mine was but it will be better than my car was. I already have that feeling like I use to have. This time around will be different.

Attachments:
9632_1236095189253_1435428044_694040_1904189_n.jpg
9632_1236095189253_1435428044_694040_1904189_n.jpg [ 33.11 KiB | Viewed 11222 times ]
9632_1236095309256_1435428044_694043_7008683_n.jpg
9632_1236095309256_1435428044_694043_7008683_n.jpg [ 67.01 KiB | Viewed 11222 times ]
9632_1236095549262_1435428044_694048_1048200_n.jpg
9632_1236095549262_1435428044_694048_1048200_n.jpg [ 45.85 KiB | Viewed 11222 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:23 pm 

I am SO HAPPY to hear this! The experience of owning a Z never leaves you, and simply can't be duplicated by owning anything else. You now have a second 'love' in your life, and you're wiZer this time around.

You also chose a nice car. There are parts and aftermarket upgrades available for it which was NOT so much the case when you owned your previous Z. The first one was still pretty new when you owned it and the upgrade partz list wasn't as long as it will be for this one.

Figure it this way ~ everyone who has owned a 1978 has long ago figured out what the cars needed to be better, so demand for those upgrades have fueled the supply system to invent better stuff for them. In other words, finding upgrades today for your '78 will be LOTS easier than finding upgrades for your '83 was, nine or ten years ago.

We want more info on this! Tell us about yrslf and the car and what dreams you have for it. Make sure you start by joining us! On our Homepage, press the Big Red Button which reads, "JOIN NOW".

If you've already done that, THANK YOU! (We've had about half a doZen new-joins in the past 3 days, while we were all going craZy with the Z Car Show, so I might not have seen your application yet).

You're going to have a LOT of fun with this Club! And you bought your new Z just in time for next month's October Picnic ~ we each bring our car(s) in whatever condition they're in ~ some of us don't even wash them. Casual fun, Z-style. Free food, free fun, lots of laughs. Family-oriented, no booze, no drugs, some rock 'n' roll. Bring your favorite lady and let her zee why you are such a Z nut :wink:

Frank T
MbrshpDir/CTZCC
Apr/70 240Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:44 pm 

thanks. it really is a feeling that never dies. i am very passionate about getting this 280Z rockin as soon as possible. if i can i will try to make it this October if not definitely will be at all events next year. the car currently doesn't since it's been sitting awhile. i gotta seal the gas tank, replace the rubber fuel line and clean the injectors. of course going to change the fluids and stuff before i fire her up. needs some rust repair (of course wouldn't be a Z without a little rust). so after i fix the floor on the passenger side i am going to lay down some new carpet and bolt the seats back in. need to replace the back tires since they don't hold air( so i was told). left fender needs a patch panel welded in. anybody good at body work? and i think the quarter panel has some bondo since there is a crack. once the body is up to par i would like to paint it a sweet blue color with a gun metal silver stripe along the side. and in the future also plan to change the rims. don't know what kind but they will be painted to match the stripe on the side. i know photoshop so i am going to make a rendering of my idea. also thought it would be cool to have the Zorro Z ghosted into the hood. i look forward to meeting everyone and your Z's and will keep you all posted on this journey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:58 pm 

YUP! Zorro was the original "Z-Man!" :lol:

I can just picture that paint scheme, and it should look beautiful. One of the great things about this Club is that we have members from the full spectrum of Z experience. On one end we have master mechanics who have made a lifetime of working on Zs, we have the guys from RDZ (Research and Development for the Z), we have daily tinkerers, we have Bryan Little (author of The Datsun Z Garage website), and we have first-time Z owners and even first CAR Z owners!

One of our members just bought a brand-new 370Z this year. It wasn't only his first Z car, it was his first sportscar ever!

When I have time, I'll impress you by looking up our membership rolls and tell you how many other 280Zs we have in this Club.

You HAVE to keep us abreast of your progress on this car. We love to live vicariously thru the efforts of our Z brothers as they build their dreams. Scan thru the website and you'll find lots of pix of members' projects. Never be afraid to ask for advice or parts in this Club ~ we all believe the preservation of these great cars depends upon our willingness to share spare parts, technical advice and simple encouragement.

I just found your application ~ THANK YOU for joining us, and I know you're gonna have a great time in here with us.

Z ya soon~
Frank T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:07 am 

i look forward to meeting you and everyone else. i am excited about the fact you guys are involved withy CART cause i have done 3 Autocross events with them with my Acura i use to have. i definitely plan on autocrossing the Z. Also i love the whole spare parts thing. we all know how expensive it can be to maintain these vehicles. i am all for giving someone something i don't need. i was wondering if i could still go to the fall outing even if my car is not ready? i'd really like to get a jump start on meeting people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:28 am 

I drove my Explorer to most of our first meetings! When your car is ready, you'll bring it. People arrive in Subarus and Chevys, too. (Just don't bring a Neon!) The picnic is more about people than about the cars. But being Z people, we still drool on each other's Zcars when they come in.

You're definitely invited ~ it's the best, most-relaxed way to meet the Club and zee most of the carz and have a ball. Bring the family (no dogs) and get some free chow. You pay for NOTHING in this Club.

We'll have some entertainment planned, which re-caps the major events of our Club this year. You get to meet some "names" and relax. Casual dress, no booze, no drugs, no offensive behavior. That's just not what we're about.

We have over 300 members in the Club now, so I really don't know how many to expect this year. Last year we had half that many and nearly all of them turned out. We had a great time. You can zee a picture of last year's picnic on our homepage ~ would you want to miss something like THAT??? :wink:

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:39 am 

sounds like fun. count me in!

Post subject: Welcoming TheZMan
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:25 am 

Didn't get your first name, but Roger on the great Handle!! They used to call me Mr. Z back in the 70's, but now I'm meeting people that know more than I ever did, and I've forgotten more than I ever knew.
Amen to everything Frank said in his blurbs! I used to be in every Z Club I could find yearZ ago, but from what I've seen so far, as a newbie myself, this is the best. I cheated myself by getting out of the Z loop after all those original clubZ disbanded, so now Kathy and I have to make up for lost time.
Check and see if (supernumerary} police officer Fred Ortoli Jr. of Oxford still haZ hiZ brown '72, or waZ it a '73? He and Karen were real active in the CT240-Z Club back yonder. We'd love to have them return to the fold, too. Nice people~ they'd make a perfect fit.
Zee you at the October gig.

1969 Z.CAR (#00013 10/69) 8/30/76
1969 ITSA.Z (#00171 11/69) 8/24/73
1970 OLD.Z (#06289 6/70) original owner
1971 510 2dr since 12/31/75
1969 1600 rdstr (our 160-Z)
1971 (#19851 1/71) sold
1975 75.Z (#01343 1/75)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:13 pm 

hey Rick. nice to meet you. my name is Mike and thanks for noticing my handle. i was shocked it wasn't taken. look forward to meeting you both at the meeting this October. i'll see about the Oxford police officer. i live right down the street from the police station.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:01 pm 

Howdy and welcome to the club.

Blue with a gun metal stripe...I think is taken, I think Mark_C told me he was going to do that with his, and he has gunmetal rota's for wheels...to match.

For wheels and parts...your welcome to come to my house and do some shopping.... I got too many parts and wheels... and I need to get rid of them. I'm up in Meriden.

:wink:

Also Known As Clayton Pace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:42 pm 

Hey Mike I'm right off Rt67 in Seymour a couple of miles from you. I'm not a mechanic by any means but if you need a hand PM me . Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:10 pm 

Airjockie wrote:
I got too many parts and wheels... and I need to get rid of them. I'm up in Meriden.

:wink:

I concur.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:24 pm 

Welcome, and as far as I'm concerned, if you have the Z passion, but no car on the road, you're in the right place. I also have alot of parts, and cheap as well, especialy if you pick em up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:34 am 

thanks to all of you. i will need parts. Jim i will be in contact with you. my big issues with getting the car running are gas tank needs to be sealed, need a rubber fuel line, and probably injectors cleaned. those are currently what i know to be my big issues. so anybody with an extra tank or knows how to seal it who can help me out would be great. i haven't brought the car home yet. if all goes well it's coming home this sunday. if that's the case i will be shooting to drive the 280z for the fall outing. with some help from fellow Z enthusiasts i think it can happen. i was passionate to begin with but seeing how awesome you guys are with your words of encouragement and offers to help has made me feel even more energiZed. thankZ guys!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:39 am 

also forgot to mention the need for 2 rear tires. the guy i am buying from says they only hold air for a couple hours.