Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:07 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Greetings from Florida
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:47 pm 

Hello Connecticut!

Signed up to view and perhaps participate in the discussion about HLS30-00013. I am Her Majesty the 26th, and for this post I'll speak for Princess Ziesta the 27th. We are twins, born in the production line of Datsun, Empire of Nissan, in October of 1969. We remember 13 from her birth and this is why we are interested in the story. And what a story it is! Frank! You have a vivid imagination!

All our best,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:54 pm 

...Hello.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:44 pm 

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone...

-Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:23 am 

I'm looking forward to this! :wink:

Actually, I have long been aware that cars #26 & 27 reside together under the same roof, and once long ago tried to send a congratulatory Email to the lucky owner, but it was returned undelivered.

Quite alright ~ I would prefer to speak directly to the carz themselves! :lol:

Welcome aboard and please don't hesitate to speak your mind in here. We've been thru some very testy discussions in here for nearly two full years now, and have managed to exerciZe the First Amendment without yet resorting to the Second! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:47 am 

Welcome. So are you going to drive one of those up to our annual show in September :?: :D Would be cool to see. Just last month I saw in person car # 6, and that was breath taking. I wonder where cars 7 through 12 are now, and car 15 ummmmm, be interesting to just know. I suppose cars 1-5 never left the factory, but I don't have the answere to that. I have car # 95085. whoo whooo :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:50 am 

Frank T wrote:
Quite alright ~ I would prefer to speak directly to the carz themselves! :lol:

CTZCC's "Z" whisperer....... :shock:

Howdy and welcome... :D

Also Known As Clayton Pace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:08 pm 

Howdy everyone!

Yes, I have 26 and 27. I bought 26 from the original owner in the early eighties and 27 came to me from eBay a couple of years ago. They are both dark green with tan interiors and they are both in the process of restoration. 27 is a mess. However, they are both complete and original.

26 goes by Her Majesty the 26th because she is a garage queen and Princess Ziesta the 27th for similar reasons. Some one of these days, the queens will run again and I'll drive them on sunny days. No way do I have the pockets to buy a dually and twin trailer to haul them both around so everyone is welcome to come visit. And that's a pretty good offer if you think about how cold your winters are. I will be in San Antonio for the ZCCA convention if anyone ventures. Last year in Cleveland, I met one of your members who had this black Z with paint that was like a mirror.

Chris

Attachments:
File comment: HLS30U-00026
HLS30-00026side.JPG
HLS30-00026side.JPG [ 58.38 KiB | Viewed 7403 times ]
File comment: HLS30U-00026
HLS30-00026FLQTR.JPG
HLS30-00026FLQTR.JPG [ 114.69 KiB | Viewed 7403 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:46 am 

Welcome Chris! Great to have you aboard. Ross

PS - Please consider officially joining our club by clicking the "Join our Club" icon on our home page. Joining is free and all information is kept strictly confidential. This will put you on our monthly e-mail listing for news and events. We don't share e-mail addresses and don't send spam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:34 am 

Looks great. I take it that's #26 ? Do you have the original hub caps as well? I'm not shure, but were the early bumpers like that without the bumperets, (I call them) one on each side of the grill??? IMO I like it without them. That just looks astounding. Feel free to show us more pics, and keep us updated on #27.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:21 pm 

Yeah, and he wiZely took the rubber strips off the bumper, too ~ looks really nice that way, and he won't ruin his suit trousers by brushing against them and getting that INDELIBLE black junk on them.

We could probably start a whole new thread about how many of us have destroyed our clothes by rubbing against those bumpers. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:52 am 

I took the bumperettes off because I prefer the look. That is an aftermarket bumper. Yea, I have the original hubcaps. The aluminum slot wheels are period original 6" rims but I don't like them. I bought a set of Watanabes for the restoration. They are painted charcoal like the original hubcaps and have a polished rim. I haven't decided if I'll use the bumperettes but I plan to use the corner rubber on the bumper.

27th spent 15 years sitting in some guy's back yard. She is rusted very badly and will require new floors and a frame rail. As soon as I finish 26th, I'll start on 27th. In the mean time she stays together as an example for the resto. I also own the remains of HLS30-00403 but she's dead. I'll do the same thing restoring 27th that I did for 26th. The body shell will get dipped and de-rusted and then I'll weld her back together.

27th will go back together stock but 26th is my babe and she'll go together the way I want a Z to be and I'll driver her. I have known 26th all the way back to new. The father of a high school friend ordered the car right after the New York Auto Show and 26th is reputed to be the first Z in Florida, but I don't know that for certain. Rob bought her from the local Datsun dealer in Sarasota and drove the car for years. I bought 26th when Rob passed away in 1984 and drove her regularly for years. She was tired and starting to rust so I took her apart. I like the early Z because it is really light weight, quite fast and very easy to work on.