Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:26 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: my z
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:56 pm 

hey im tyler from ellington. i have had my z31 for about 4 years and love it..... but its dead rite now.
my car is an 86 300zx 2+2 n/a. I have had allot of fun with this car and just did some serious work.
this is my car with my new rims (not mounted in pic) bbs rs2's
this is my new brake setup. 1992 z32 aluminum 4 piston calipers 30mm.
stoptech brake lines, power slot rotors, hawk hp+ brake pads, nismo studds, new wheel bearings, and 87 300zx turbo front hubs.
in the back i have russell brake lines, nismo studds, hawk hp+ pads, rebuilt stock calipers, and brembo blank rotors

and another shot of the z

and my other toy that you will probably love

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:00 pm 

i also have tokiko struts and springs for a 1.5 drop, an act clutch, and my brand new falken azenis tires.

i am so mad about the dead engine because i was only 50 miles into my new tires and brakes and no power.

o and the reason its dead.........

the timing belt tentioner let go and the belt went loose and i smashed all my valves. yeay

btw i am considering selling the car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:21 pm 

Ah flash backs to my Brake upgrade 2 days before the New Haven Meet.

Just grab a pair of heads (100), new tensioner (35), timing belt (15) and headgaskets (40) and you should be good to go. Maybe a couple more gaskets and seals while you are at it.

If you start Saturday you can be driving Monday morning!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:02 pm 

im trying to get a legacy gtb... so no money spending

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:11 pm 

Welcome, Taco!

That Z shows a lot of love invested in it, and it looks like it has lots of life left in it. Are you SURE you wanna let go of it??? :cry:

As long as your valves didn't kiss any pistons, you should be able to get away relatively cheaply. If you don't have time to do the work yrslf, this Club has some great professional mechanics in it who have shops which produce outstanding work (such as Rich at RDZ and Vinny at Bedini Motorsports). And if you bought another car, you wouldn't be able to have much fun with us ~ we'd all be driving Zs and you'd get jealous and wish you had yours back really quick.

Of course, if you feel you HAVE to sell it, our FOR SALE forum is a great place to meet opportunists! :lol:

Either way, we are glad to have you aboard and look forward to meeting you in person very soon. Your soonest opportunity will be this coming Wednesday night for our August monthly meeting in Sandy Hook. See the UPCOMING EVENTS Forum for details and directions. I look fwd to zeeing you there.

Frank T
MbrshpDir/CTZCC

*(PS ~ LOVE your MudVagen, too :wink:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:36 pm 

i have a lot of ideas and swaps i planed to do with this car. and i found a motor with 60k on it for 350 bucks. and i eventually wanted to put the gears out of a silvia in the rear dif. but for now im holding off on selling it but i might have to.

as for working on it i do all my own work and have put allot of time into it :cry:

and the heads are bad... i cant even turn them with a wrench, and they are off the car. all the pistons are nicked. so it is just sitting there for now.. my little money pit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:05 pm 

The CTZCC just inherited a 1984 ZX T-top partz car which runs, if you decide to replace yours.

More info when we get the car to the strip-down location.

Frank

Last edited by Frank T on Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:07 pm 

Stop calling it an 81! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:14 pm 

Yeah, you're right ~ DUUUHHHH!

I have called that 1984 300ZX an "'81" in about 4 Posts now, and I feel stupid. I went back and corrected them all.

IT's AN '84, FOLKS!!! RUNS. GOOD 5spd DRIVELINE. Body is history. TTops and interior are fair-to-good. Sorry.

Frank :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:39 pm 

Welcome. (maybe Frank wants an 81, I wouldn't blame him, turbo that is.) Well Tyler did you get it running yet :?: Other than that looks good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:58 pm 

How much you looking to sell it for? $500

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:18 pm 

I will Post some pictures of it and offer it to the Club. High bidder can have it (title included), but the whole event is intended to be low-price. All proceeds go to the Club to help fund our future events. The whole idea behind these gift cars is to provide our CTZCC members with low-cost, hard-to-find parts for their own Z cars. We try to help our members and our Club at the same time ~ NO INDIVIDUAL makes money off these deals. Your CTZCC officers are prohibited from profiting from their offices in any fashion.

We have no money invested in this ~ it's a generous gift from one of our members who moved away and couldn't take it with them. Anything we make on it is more money than this free Club had before. Every donation is welcome and appreciated. I know we could make more money off the car if we parted it out, but the Zeason is ending soon and time is the enemy.

We would sell the car whole ONLY to a registered CTZCC member, who agrees to use it for his own purposes and not to 'turn' it for a quick profit. Body is rusted thru, but drive line seems sound and the engine runs smooth. Full details will be Posted when I can get time to bring the car home and look it over. THANK YOU for your interest and your support of this great Club!

Frank T
MbrshpDir/CTZCC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:55 pm 

Good info, I should have been more specific. That question was aimed at the OP, tacoornot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:32 pm 

vagabond wrote:
Good info, I should have been more specific. That question was aimed at the OP, tacoornot.

not to be rude but i lol'ed at 500$

i have over $3000 in vested into the rims, brakes, and tires.
those are bbs rs2. they go for 750 a piece and are a tru 3 piece rim. falken tires are around 150 a piece. the brake setup is brand new and cost me 1500. my act clutch has about 15000 miles on it and my tokiko suspension has about 10000 miles on it. so in total i have about 4500+ invested not including how much i paid for it. :roll: so thats why im having a hard time wanting to get rid of it.
here is most of the stuff i bought http://s400.photobucket.com/albums/pp82/tacoornot/the%20z/?start=0

if i do the engine im doing all new plugs, wires and headers plus full ss exhaust. and im not in the mood for any of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:02 am 

Ahh, if cars were only worth what we put into them...