Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:58 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:55 pm 

The name is Tristan. I live in Middletown. I'm not 30 yet. :)

This is my Z when I bought it Dec 05'

This is the Z when I had it at Claytons for a 30 day (30 months!) Restomod

Here's the car now during the "Turbo Resto-Swap"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:59 pm 

Here's the "mod" list

Suspension:

Polyurethane Bushings, Dust Boots, Spring Seats, Mounts, and Endlink's
Bilstien Shocks/Struts, Tokico Springs, Nissam 24mm SwayBars, Cusco STBs
1986 Z31 Turbo Strut Stubes, 1987 Z31 Turbo Hubs

Wheels Brakes:

BBS RS 16x8/16x9 on 225/50 and 245/45, Z32 4 Piston Calipers, Hawk pads, Stainless Braided Lines, Cross Drilled and slotted Rotors, Speed bleeders, and of course WHEEL LOCKS

Interior:

MOMO Accents, Black Leather Seats, Black Carpet, Black Vinyl Head Liner, POLK MOMO components and other stuff.

Drive-Train: SSG Flywheel, Nismo Roller Bearing, MSA Short Shifter, Stainless Steel Braided Clutch Line, Garett T3 with 9:1 Compression engine, Aeromotive FPR, Twin Turbo Fuel Pump, 450cc injectors, NGK Plugs + Wires, 6 puck clutch and PP and other minor things.

Exterior: 1985 Turbo Scoop. Thats it.

Got some gauges, prorammable ECU, and a bunch of repairs to do. Finish Deadline is December 30 2009.

By then I need:

Aftercooler, Clutch LSD, Camber Plates, Radiator, Finished Interior, Cams + Adjustable Gears a job, and a 3" Turbo Back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:13 am 

:lol: And a six pack of Coors! :lol:

What did the Garett T3 cost, and did you have to buy anything to mount it, or did the kit come complete?

*(And I noticed how you discretely squeezed "a job" into your list of things to get :wink:. Don't feel like the Lone Stranger ~ every third person I know right now is looking for work. You could parlay your mechanical skills and free time into some very productive projects. Five years from now you might be looking back at 2009 over an over-flowing "In" basket, thinking of all the things you might have done when you had the time on your hands! Funny how life sometimes forces us into golden opportunities!)

Great project you've got going there, Tristan ~ and it makes me happy to hear you planning it slowly and sensibly. That tells me you are committed to keeping this beautiful beast a long time. I really admire long-term commitments!

The name is Frank T, and I'm not yet 80! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:38 am 

The Turbo was maybe $60 I bought two for ~60 Each but one was shipped like garbage. Goin to send that out next summer to be built to new specs.

With the VG series Nissan really kept stuff simple. Between the NA and Turbo, Blocks (compression differs), Heads, most accesories and exhaust, etc are the same.

The Driver side manifold and Downpipe are diff. to accomidate the T3 (or T25). The engine crossmember and the DS mount bracket are different. The Alt may or may no be on the PS side so that's another bracket, the fuel injectors and the ECU differ.

If you can pull an engine, and the engine is healthy you can do a turbo swap in a VG Z in 1 day. Two days if you do seals and other mods.

Good swap info and other Z31 stuff. http://redz31.net/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:57 am 

Hi Tristan,
Welcome to the Discussion Forum. I noticed that you have not officially joined our club, which is free and easy to do. Joining will put you on our mailing list for meetings and events and entitle you to discounts at our sponsors. If interested, just click the "Join our Club" link on the homepage (www.ctzcc.com). Ross