Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:20 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Hello All
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:13 am 

My name is Phil Wallace and I work at Middletown Nissan.
I missed your last meeting on Wednesday due to illness and was completely bummed out.
Aside from the pleasure of driving all the Nissan products on a daily basis I have embarked on my current mission to build a 300ZX tt. I am about 90% completed from the ground up process. I started my journey with a 1991 300ZX tt shipped up from Miami as a "rust free" car. Lets just say that we threw out the t-tops, hatch, doors and fenders. The chassis was mint and only had 74k on it. My vision was to update and build a performance Z while avoiding "ricing" the car out and keeping it Nissan.

So far I have kept with my goal aside from the error in the Craft Square carbon mirrors.

Its funny, as everytime I think I'm getting close to done, I launch into another modification just to see what it will do.

So far I am quite impressed with the way it has turned out and can't wait for its return from the body shop to correct some paint imperfections.

I have assisted quite a few people in the purchase, as well as upgrading their cars, through my job and have a strong passion for Nissan in general.
Hope I get to see all of your hard work and passion at the next club meeting!
-Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:48 pm 

Hi Phil! It's great to have you aboard ~ WELCOME!

Your project sounds great and vaguely familiar ~ are any project Z cars ever really "finished?". I look fwd to zeeing your car as soon as you think it's roadworthy and meets your standards for presentation (and we each have our own verse to that song :lol:)

It's great to have so many recent joins from the NISSAN community, too. As the Z car edges toward it's 40th birthday this year, more and more people are becoming active in the recognition of how great these carz are.

Please make sure you enroll as a full member with us ~ on the Homepage, press the icon JOIN OUR CLUB and fill out the brief info there. It's COMPLETELY CONFIDENTIAL ~ we don't share members' info with ANYONE (not even other members), and everything about this Club is free (Porsche club members are SO jealous! :lol:). We look fwd to meeting you in person and hearing more about your project.

Glad you found us! Nice to have you join us around the campfire.

Z ya soon~
Frank T
Membership Director/CTZCC

*PHIL! I just received your application ~ thanks. You're now a full member of the brotherhood, with more than 255 new brothers and sisters! Welcome to the family!

Hey everyone ~ Say hello to Phil!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:23 pm 

Hey Phil,
Welcome aboard. Now that you have piqued our interest how 'bout some photos of your project car. You can enter them into this post or in the Member Rides section (or both). The most interesting photos are usually "cars in progress' so please don't wait until it's all done! Regards, Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:35 am 

Welcome aboard. Now are you in CT? I live in Middletown R.I. and there is also Middletown N.Y.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:38 pm 

Yeah Paul, he's in Middletown CT. I just bought a new Murano from him! Phil is the new car sales manager at Middletown Nissan, the great guys who are sponsoring our 2nd Annual Z Car Show on 19Sep. They gave me a deal and worked together as a team to make sure everything went smoothly for me.

Watch for my writeup about them in the Vendor Raves and Gripes forum.

AND, Phil has entered a series of photos of his hot ZX in our Member Rides gallery ~ he has pulled this car apart and started from the grassroots level to make it the way he wants it. It has a VERY interesting "TRUE" bi-turbo setup which he figured out himself. Can't wait to zee it in person.

Frank T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:57 pm 

What up.

I go to Nissan a lot to pick up parts for my Z31 from Rick, I'll have to take a minute to chat with you next time.

I'm doing a Z32 TT swap into my cousins 2+2 someday soon. Maybe I can steal some knowledge from your brain.