Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:38 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:54 pm 

i've been searching for an s30 for quite some time now, mostly scouring craigslist, waiting for a good deal to show up. finally that time came almost 2 weeks ago and as of last tuesday, i am the proud, third owner of a mint 260. i bought the car for 2 reasons, i've always loved z's, and i wanted something that my father and i could toy around with together. i'm always working on my house and he's always working on his so i felt that we needed something fun to play with.
i have an zenki s14 that will only see suspension upgrades, thanks to emissions standards. the 260 will see a bit more modification. currently i'm in the process of fixing the brakes so that i can finally get the car to my house (it's currently taking up the spot in my father's garage where my mother USED to park her lancer lol). the interior has already been stripped in the search for hidden rust and all that we've found is a small hole underneath the diver's seat and one sloppy bondo repair at the bottom of one of the quarter panels.
it has undergone a crappy respray from the original green to black. i intend on eventually bringing it back to green (i'm thinking british racing green) with some zg flares and i'm going to start saving some money on the side for som wats. drivetrain-wise, all i want is a fun cruiser. i'm not interested in racing so a few mods to the stock l26 will do me just fine.

here's the link to the photo album the seller posted up (unfortunately i'm not much for taking pictures so new pics of my progress will be far and few between).
http://datsun260z.shutterfly.com/23

a couple more once we got it to my old man's house

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:57 pm 

welcome...glad you found the site. 8)

Also Known As Clayton Pace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:37 pm 

How in the WORLD did I miss this entry??? I'll have to look on my calendar to find out where I was on 09Jun!!! I feel like someone snuck into the Club while I wasn't looking. I'm sorry. No excuse.

Ross is gonna dock my pay! :lol:

WELCOME ABOARD! Glad to have another 260 in the flock. These carz were better built than the older 240s and I remember street-racing against them when they first came out. My lighter 1970 240Z could beat them off the line and hold a lead on them until about 70mph, when that bigger 2.6L engine's longer legs would just catch me and eat me alive.

So this is now October, and you've had the car for more than 4 months. What kind of progress have you made with it??

We have a few other 260s in the Club, and the owners are die-hard lovers of them. If you think about it, they are among the rarest Z cars made ~ a single year. Hope you've made some friends already and know where to locate partz.

PLEASE forgive me for not noticing your Intro! :oops: I feel really bad. :cry:

Frank T
Membership Director/CTZCC
Apr/70 240Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:34 am 

thanks Frank.

the car now has fresh brakes at all four corners. we started it up in hopes of bringing it over to my house, now that my s14 is able to move again, and we ran into a couple of problems. idle will randomly shoot up to about 3k rpms, back firing out the carbs (frank, i think i saw you call it flash back in another thread), and the initial throttle response is not there (it'll take 2-3 seconds after stepping on the gas before the engine responds). and the starter is going kaput. i'm hoping to tinker with it some more this weekend, but i have to pay "storage fees" and help my father pour a new concrete step, so we'll see how much time i have left over to play with it.

in other z news, my s14 now has z32 brakes up front and in back, complete with functioning e-brakes and a z32 bmc. since i have an s14 bmc lying around now, i'm thinking of upgrading the booster to a z32 unit and seeing if i can manage to swap the s14 bmc and booster to the 260.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:19 am 

I don't know where you are in CT, I'm in Hebron. I have a set of SU carbs if you want to get rid of the smog setup on your car. The carbs on 73 and 74 cars are just about impossible to get dialed in but the earlier SU's are easy. I have a starter, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:15 am 

i am definitely interested. the engine needs a rebuild, so i was planning on yanking it after i got it home, but i was trying to avoid having to tow it for the entire 2 mile trip from garage to garage. i'm located in meriden so i'm sure we can set something up. i actually bought my mother her grandfather clock up in columbia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:38 am 

Yo!