Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:15 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: i finally joined ...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:15 pm 
i've met some of you over the last few months, missed most of the meetings, and had some login issues, but here i am! :shock:

http://uncutwelshman.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=17

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:32 pm 

An RB swap? Color me jealous!

-Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:45 pm 
PhrogZ46 wrote:
An RB swap? Color me jealous!

:oops: :mrgreen:

it's running well, i should be putting the rear flares on this week (for the new ... new ... wheels). the interior is in a bit of disarray (THANKS CLAYTON) due to a carpet donation, but i can try to make it to the next official meet. no promises though, things always seem to come up or get pushed back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:37 pm 

BRYAN!!!

Are you the lad I met at AirJockie's? The "welder"?? :D If so, WELCOME ABOARD, and it's about time!

Tell the world about your Z car!

Z ya soon~
Frank T
MbrshpDir/CTZCC

Attachments:
IMGA0515.JPG
IMGA0515.JPG [ 56.56 KiB | Viewed 6963 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:36 pm 
Frank T wrote:
BRYAN!!!

Are you the lad I met at AirJockie's? The "welder"?? :D If so, WELCOME ABOARD, and it's about time!

Tell the world about your Z car!

that was me! and there she is, hugging the driveway at clay's house hiding behind all those people.

i'd suggest hitting up the website link for info on the car. it's not up to date exactly, but briefly: i stripped the car down to a shell, welded in some floors, firewall, parts of the engine bay, new frame rails, and new seat rails. i then made mounts and dropped in a rb25 series 1 engine/trans and got it running stock, but quickly switched over to a megasquirt fuel controller and supporting modifications (fuel side). the interior is gutted except for 2 race seats and a s13 dash, i haven't wired in the rb25 gage cluster yet but that is soon to follow. i then upgraded the turbo and supporting mods (air side), selling the ms1 for a apexi FC standalone. i'm flaring the car right now for the wider wheels, takes some cutting and welding in the rear, but hoping to get her back on the road soon.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:46 pm 
all flaired up with xtra wide flares :D

and no, the shifter didn't come with batteries.

Attachments:
zext.JPG
zext.JPG [ 45.4 KiB | Viewed 6873 times ]
rear1.jpeg
rear1.jpeg [ 60.02 KiB | Viewed 6873 times ]
rear2.jpeg
rear2.jpeg [ 56.12 KiB | Viewed 6873 times ]
zint.JPG
zint.JPG [ 63.42 KiB | Viewed 6873 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:33 pm 

I seem to recall seeing that strange shifter somewhere...

-Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:35 pm 

For those of you who haven't heard this Z car run, I can only tell you it's an experience. I have no idea how many horses Bryan is squeeZing out of that poor little block, but they're all healthy! 8)

I admire custom/mods which are all focused on the mechanicals until they are complete, THEN work on the cosmetics. Bryan seems to have had his fingers into each system of this car, with clear goals in mind. I suspect he will eventually feel satisfied that it is as strong and reliable as he intends it to be, then consider how he wants it to look.

Even now, something about this car just seems to shout, "DRIVE ME" (and the shifter seems to shout, "LAST CALL!") :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:33 am 

Welcome, nice job on the flares, can't wait to do mine. (which I bought from AJ)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:57 am 

Looking back, this is what I SHOULD have done, but I got caught up in killing the rust and fixing the current bodywork, and ended up just painting it. Maybe someday I'll have an RB in my car...

-Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:03 am 
PhrogZ46 wrote:
I seem to recall seeing that strange shifter somewhere...

:D ... ahem ... mr. clayton stuck it in my car last visit. apparently it was a condition of using his transmission.

Quote:
For those of you who haven't heard this Z car run, I can only tell you it's an experience. I have no idea how many horses Bryan is squeeZing out of that poor little block, but they're all healthy! Cool

heck yeah! during warm-up the car idles at 500-600, but once warmed up (79-81*C) purrs at 840-870 rpm all day long ... and you've seen the dyno chart :wink:

Quote:
I admire custom/mods which are all focused on the mechanicals until they are complete, THEN work on the cosmetics. Bryan seems to have had his fingers into each system of this car, with clear goals in mind. I suspect he will eventually feel satisfied that it is as strong and reliable as he intends it to be, then consider how he wants it to look.

thanks for the complements! i'm doing just that, whittling down the to-do list before paint ... VERY clear goals, i didnt have a 1/4 mile or trap speed goal, no track goals here, starting from a partial rolling shell i wanted 2 things; a car that barked and a car that was reliable.

Quote:
Welcome, nice job on the flares, can't wait to do mine. (which I bought from AJ)

i got mine from justin at http://zforceproductions.com/ he used to have a big group buy on hybridz.com but it got shut down, some people complained of long lead times due to the group buy part of the initial run of flairs. they're a bit wider than the normal msa ones

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:08 am 
PhrogZ46 wrote:
Looking back, this is what I SHOULD have done, but I got caught up in killing the rust and fixing the current bodywork, and ended up just painting it. Maybe someday I'll have an RB in my car...

if my website didn't crash last week i'd point out the pictures ... i stripped the car down to nothing and fixed the structural rust first (note: not body work) and then got into everything mechanical. once i'm ready i'm going to finish up the body work and paint, until then you're just going to hurt that pretty paint job installing stuff like fender flairs (not that it can't be done, it's just more to worry about).

and if you come over to clay's tomorrow you might get a spin around the block, for some reason right now it's only boosting about 1/2 bar, i just built a leak tester and i'm going to see what i can find.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:13 pm 
http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/v/airjockie/rabbit/DSC02668.JPG.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:21 pm 

Shhhhh.....be vewey quiet! We're hunting wabbits.....
E. Fudd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:11 pm 
more pics

Attachments:
Image284.jpeg
Image284.jpeg [ 69.52 KiB | Viewed 6794 times ]
Image270.jpeg
Image270.jpeg [ 79.37 KiB | Viewed 6794 times ]
Image055.jpeg
Image055.jpeg [ 73.39 KiB | Viewed 6794 times ]
Image047.jpeg