Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:22 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: John - Rochester NY
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:07 pm 

Hello All!

I'm the president of the Z Car Club of Rochester, NY and am happy to be sharing stories with all you Z folks. I currently own 4 Zs a 1970 240Z, 2003 350Z, 1978 280Z and a 1987 300ZX, the latter two soon being passed on to my two sons.

My 1970 240Z is #3833 and I have owned it for 30 years. Last summer I completed a two year complete restoration. It is numbers matching and is the one car I will never part with. The car was originally sold in Honolulu, off the same showroom floor as your own Frank T's car back in the summer of 1970. I bought it from the original owner in Chicago in 1979, drove it for about 10 years, then stored it for another 10. A few pics of the car today attached.

Your website is fantastic and thanks for allowing me to share time with some other Z Fanatics. Check out our club website at www.zccr.net and we hope to see some of you at our car show this July.

Attachments:
240engine.JPG
240engine.JPG [ 73.8 KiB | Viewed 3026 times ]
240interior.JPG
240interior.JPG [ 56.98 KiB | Viewed 3026 times ]
240quarter.JPG
240quarter.JPG [ 73.86 KiB | Viewed 3026 times ]
240side.JPG
240side.JPG [ 85.88 KiB | Viewed 3026 times ]
240front.JPG
240front.JPG [ 77.1 KiB | Viewed 3026 times ]

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com
FB: Zccr zcarclubofrochester

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:09 pm 

WOW. :shock: Talk about a perfect '70 Z Car!! Whew!

I really enjoyed our conversation ystrdy and it's amaZing that our carz (and your nearby buddy's) all originated from the same showroom in Honolulu during the same summer! That fact (and other common backgrounds) sort of makes it mandatory that I bring #2807 out to Rochester to be photographed beside your Z and your friend's.

I fully agree with your statement that this is the one car I'll never part with. As you already know, I made that mistake once and it will never happen again while I'm breathing air.

I was technically the 3rd owner of #2807, but the first owner kept it for less than 20 full minutes. She didn't like it (OH, go figure! :roll:) and returned to Honolulu Datsun while the guy I bought it from was still standing there, trying to buy a 1970 car. They had told him there would be no more sold that year, and he would have to pay up front for a 1971 car and wait four months. I can only imagine his joy when she pulled back into the lot blasting the horn.

It actually looks as if you might have a real ANSA exhaust system on your car ~ are they full-length duals or the rear twin tips on a single pipe? I just bought MSA Twice Pipes for mine, then paid to have them twisted at the rear to emerge over-under like my original ANSAs did back in the day.

I never expect #2807 to look as good as yours. It will not be a show car, but a complete and SAFE daily driver, the way I remember the car from the early 70s to the mid 80s. Yeah, it's probably part of my middle-aged fantasies, and will remind me of when I was young, single and broke. I'm none of those now, but to have my old traveling companion back again is worth more to me than words can express.

You've got a wonderful car there, but you already know that. Thanks for this Post and for sharing those great photos. As Membership Director for the CTZCC, I would be remiss if I failed to say it would be an honor for all of us to have the PreZident of the ZCCR as one of our family. As the owner of a car which shares DNA with yours, it would be a personal thrill for me if you'd join our Club.

I would LOVE to brag about your car being 'one of ours!'

Z ya soon!
Frank@CTZCC.Com
240Z #02807 Apr/70
240Z #42421 Sep/71
MbrshpDir/CTZCC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:34 pm 

Thanks for the kind words Frank! I'd be honored to become a member of your fabulous club. Send me the details and I'm in. Perhaps you and/or Ross might consider membership in ZCCR as well. We actually offer an "associate membership" for out of town folks.

That is a Monza exhaust on my car. Single pipe off the stock manifold with dual outlets. After much research, I learned that the stock early Z exhaust manifold actually breathes better than most headers. The Monza was made to bolt to the stock downpipe and it sounds GREAT.

A lot of blood, sweat and CASH went into the restoration. We literally took the car down to bare metal by hand with D/A sanders. Original engine was rebuilt. I decided on a ZX 5 speed tranny, but I rebuilt my original type A 4 speed in case I want to use it again someday. All other mechanical and electrical components were either replaced by new or totally refurbished.

I had a ton of help from my Z pals in the project and tons of sage advice from the best Z friend ever, Jim Frederick in Florida (also a member of your club and owner of #0016). I learned a lot. Never do it again! :wink:

Let's definitely plan on a "family reunion" this summer with the 3 Hawaii cars. It would be something to have them back together again 39 years and 6000 miles later!

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com
FB: Zccr zcarclubofrochester

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:49 pm 

GREAT! This week has been filled with wonder.

We're EASY to join, and we're free. At the top of our Homepage, near the three Z carz, press "JOIN OUR CLUB". There's a brief application to fill in and you're one of us! All your personal information is STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL. Only Club Officers can see it, and we don't share it with ANYONE. You will never be 'sold' to a mailing list or have your personal info released to anyone. Anything you want the Membership to know about you, you'll have to tell them yourself.

We have a growing MEMBER RIDES gallery, in which we would LOVE to see your beautiful 240Z! When you officially join us, you'll receive Welcome letters from Ross and me, which will contain instructions about how to put your perfect Z into our gallery for everyone to enjoy. All instructions in this Club are so easy, a Porsche driver could do it!
:lol:

Thanks, John!
Frank T