Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:48 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:05 am 

Hello Everyone,

My name is Andrew and I live in Lisbon, Connecticut, and own a 2004 350Z in Super Black. Not too much to speak of in terms of modifications, but it is no longer completely stock.

I would love to meet up with some new faces in the Z community,particularly a more diverse crowd in terms of ages, and generally those who own Z's from previous generations relative to mine, and maybe some 370's 8)

I have been involved in the MA/RI/CT/NY 350Z / G35 scene for a few years now, and I plan to continue attending some of their meets, but I need to expand my involvement this coming car season!

Finishing school and job searching is taking up much of my time at the moment, but I will do the best I can to make meetings / events in the near future.

-Andrew

p.s. Come to the UConn car show April 19th! It will be my last one as a UConn student, and my club and I would love a strong Z turnout!

Pictures taken before addition of Nismo S-Tune exhaust, and, for accuracy, a black "Z" license plate frame, black/clear front reflectors, and a new black grill. ;)

(Euro plate didn't "go" with the car, so now it's a wall ornament)

More photography by my friend who took the pics above: http://www.motion-studios.net/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:15 am 

Welcome Andrew! Nice Z. I just send you an email as well!

Attention CTZCC members: I sticky posted the UCONN Car show as " FUN RUN" in the "Upcoming Events" fourm due to Mike Rosann's suggestion. Please RSVP on that post and let's win the Car Club Award.
*We will post a meeting place so we can drive in as a group.

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:46 am 

WELCOME ABOARD, Andrew! I can see you're Obzezed as much as we are! Nice Z!

We hope to meet you in the very near future and to gather as many members for the UConn show as possible. Some of the cars are not fully out of hibernation yet but everyone is so READY for spring that we might surpriZe you with a large turnout. Weather is important because everyone wants the winter sand off the roads before they bring their baby out.

You'll receive an e-Welcome letter from me with useful Club information this week (there are FIVE new-joins stacked up ahead of you! WhooHoo! The more the merrier) and you are invited and urged to attend our monthly meetings. This year we are moving them around the state, to make life easier for members in far-flung corners of CT who had trouble getting to Darien and back home on weeknights last year. THIS WEDNESDAY we will meet in New Canaan (see Homepage for details) and you will get your chance to see the new 370-Z, a NISMO, and Bob Sharp's new GT-R. (and did I mention everything is FREE in here, including the Pizza and soda?) You CAN'T miss out on this!

Z Ya Wednesday!
Frank T
MbrshpDir/CTZCC
(Frank@CTZCC.Com)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:07 am 

Frank T wrote:
WELCOME ABOARD, Andrew! I can see you're Obzezed as much as we are! Nice Z!

We hope to meet you in the very near future and to gather as many members for the UConn show as possible. Some of the cars are not fully out of hibernation yet but everyone is so READY for spring that we might surpriZe you with a large turnout. Weather is important because everyone wants the winter sand off the roads before they bring their baby out.

You'll receive an e-Welcome letter from me with useful Club information this week (there are FIVE new-joins stacked up ahead of you! WhooHoo! The more the merrier) and you are invited and urged to attend our monthly meetings. This year we are moving them around the state, to make life easier for members in far-flung corners of CT who had trouble getting to Darien and back home on weeknights last year. THIS WEDNESDAY we will meet in New Canaan (see Homepage for details) and you will get your chance to see the new 370-Z, a NISMO, and Bob Sharp's new GT-R. (and did I mention everything is FREE in here, including the Pizza and soda?) You CAN'T miss out on this!

Z Ya Wednesday!
Frank T
MbrshpDir/CTZCC
(Frank@CTZCC.Com)

Thanks for the warm welcome Frank! That sounds great that you have meetings in different areas of CT instead of just one place. This Wednesday, I may be able to make it. It's pretty short notice for me, which sucks, but we shall see. I won't be in the Z if I do go. I am one of those who are still waiting to take her out of storage, so I understand about the other guys who don't have their Zs on the road quite yet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:09 am 

Keith.H wrote:
Welcome Andrew! Nice Z. I just send you an email as well!

Attention CTZCC members: I sticky posted the UCONN Car show as " FUN RUN" in the "Upcoming Events" fourm due to Mike Rosann's suggestion. Please RSVP on that post and let's win the Car Club Award.
*We will post a meeting place so we can drive in as a group.

Excellent Keith. I just PMed one of my best friends to join this forum. He is located in Groton, as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:18 am 

No sweat, Andrew ~ many of us arrive in Fords until the weather is right. Just don't try arriving in a Dodge Neon this year, due to PreZident Ross' recent April Fools jokes! :roll:
*(Super-hot Porsches and RX-8 Mazdas don't make us very happy, either! :lol:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:40 pm 

Frank T wrote:
No sweat, Andrew ~ many of us arrive in Fords until the weather is right. Just don't try arriving in a Dodge Neon this year, due to PreZident Ross' recent April Fools jokes! :roll:
*(Super-hot Porsches and RX-8 Mazdas don't make us very happy, either! :lol:)

Man I wish I had a super-hot Porsche as my daily......

*back to reality* Anywayyy, I drive a 1994 BMW 318is most of the time. Practical when it comes to fuel, yet still handles, looks, and rides great. And, best of all, no car payment!

I also have a 1967 Buick Special with a 300ci 4.9L V8 and 2-speed switch-pitch automatic. In need of restoration, but I love it.

Pretty diverse in my taste in car if I say so myself ;)

I just checked my schedule for Wednesday and the meeting. I'm not going to be able to make this one. I have a job interview that afternoon, assignments for school due the next day (plus morning classes :( ), and it would be about 4 hours driving there and back. I will keep my eye out for the next one though, for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:55 pm 

We regret not being able to meet you at this coming meeting, but we will welcome the very next opportunity! Also, we will eventually move the meeting to your corner of the state which will make life easier for you.

Keep that beautiful Z car safe until we can all meet!

Z Ya!
Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:48 pm 

man Andy I'm so mad I missed out on that picture night the came out great

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:09 pm 

Welcome aboard Andy!!!!

Super Black, I have never heard that before, but I like it a lot!

Nice car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:10 am 

MarcA-S30 wrote:
Welcome aboard Andy!!!!

Super Black, I have never heard that before, but I like it a lot!

Nice car.

Hey thanks, Mark!

Just FYI: Super Black is essentially a non-metallic deep black. In 2006, it was replaced my Magnetic Black, which is a not as dark, but very eye-catching, metallic black. 8)