Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:56 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:52 pm 

Hey everyone my name is Tim from Wethersfield. I am currently in an '07 Honda Civic SI but I'm selling it very soon to get a 350Z. Just wanted to join to get some input on what year I should get and everyones thoughts of the 350z any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Also when I get my Z I was hoping to attend alot of meets. Any info on where those would be would be awesome thanks everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:06 pm 

Welcome to the Z world Veilside!! Hopefully you'll catch the Z bug and it will become a life long passion like it has for the rest of us.

Not sure if you plan on buying new, but I've heard nothing but rave reviews about the new 370Z.

As for upcoming CTZCC events, check our upcoming events schedule page. http://www.ctzcc.com/schedule.html. Our next scheduled event is our April club meeting next Wednesday. There should be a GTR, Nismo 350Z and a brand new 370Z for us to drool over.

Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:13 pm 

Hi Tim! Welcome aboard! Glad to hear you in here.

As we all know, this Club caters to Z owners and enthusiasts alike. If you love the Z, you're welcome here. You'll even find other Honda owners in here (but please don't turn the Forums into Honda boards! :lol:)

Tim, we currently have about 230 registered members in the CTZCC, who own nearly 300 Z cars among them. We are mostly from CT but are proud to have members in 10 states, and we even have two in Australia! :D More than 120 of our members are active on this website, and we've all come to feel rather like a big family.

One of our most-active members is racing great Bob Sharp, who serves as our Technical Advisor. In the 1970s and 80s Bob was The Man who put the original 240Z Datsun on the map as a consistent winner, taking SIX championship titles and carving the Z into the American conscience forever. Today he drives the GT-R, a racecar which disguiZes itself as a street machine.

Bob's earlier machine was the GT-33, a 350-based Z car emblaZoned with his signature "33" and name on it, with special paint and options. He traded that limited edition car when he bought the GT-R and, the last I heard, it was still available at our sponsoring dealership, NISSAN of Darien.

If you wanted to buy the nicest, hottest, most-distinctive 350Z available, you should try for the one which was owned by the man who started it all ~ Bob Sharp's GT-33.

Others will say hello to you here, too. Make sure you are fully registered with us and become a full member of our Club ~ on our Homepage, press the JOIN OUR CLUB link and fill in the simple info. It's free and totally confidential.

There's a lot of fun to be had in here ~ we'll save some for you!
Z Ya Soon!
Frank T
MbrshipDir/CTZCC
(Frank@CTZCC.Com)

Last edited by Frank T on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:16 pm 

Thanks Phil and Frank for your prompt welcome!! Phil the link you sent me doesn't work wondering if you may have typed it wrong. Either way thanks so much for your responses!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:24 pm 

Hey Tim,

Welcome to the club! My advice is that you should take your time and find the right Z for you. Do your research and go out there and kick the tires. Definitely enjoy yourself. Make sure you haggle the salesguys/gals to death.

:wink:

Marc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:27 pm 

Not sure why that link didn't work. The link is on the top left of the CTZCC home page under "Navigation Menu" and is labeled "Schedule of Events".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:28 pm 

Tim,

Welcome...I too was in search of a 350Z one day when I happend upon a mint condition '93 300ZX with only 44K miles on it 2 years ago. That's the car I have and it has been and is a great car. I'd still like to add a 350Z to my garage one day.

I think Phil was trying to link you to our upcoming schedule and the period at the end of the sentence broke the link. Simply click on the club logo on the upper left to get to the main page and you will find the link to the schedule. Also keep an eye on the 'Upcoming Events' forum for updates and locations and other more casual events that take place throughout the summer.

Feel free to come to our meeting on 4/8 even if you don't have your Z yet. Bob Sharp will have his GTR there and another member will bring his new 370Z. Our club president Ross has a GT-33 350Z just like the one (only in red) that Frank described that should be there too for you to check out.

See you soon

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Last edited by Keith.H on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:33 pm 

Uh, uh! Ross has the OTHER GT-33. Bob's original car went to the dealer as a tradein, and the last I heard it was available.

I've been very tempted to take it myself ~ the original GT-33, owned by the man it was named after!

But my divorce would cost me more than the car would :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:37 pm 

[quote="Frank T"]Uh, uh! Ross has the OTHER GT-33. Bob's original car went to the dealer as a tradein, and the last I heard it was available.
quote]

Corrected above :roll:

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:30 pm 

Tim,
Welcome to the club!! PLEASE register with us by clicking the "Join Our Club' link on the home page (www.ctzcc.com). This will add you to our mailing list for upcoming events and allow you to avail yourself of discounts at our vendors. Registering is free, easy and conpletely confidential. Hope to get to meet you in person some day. Sincerely, Ross