Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:57 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Hello from Hebron CT
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:09 pm 

I just joined the forum. I live in Hebron (near Hartford) and have been a z-car hotrodder for about 25 years. My dad was a sprint car racer and my uncle raced speedway motorcycles and hill-climbed MG's when I was very young; my dad went on to build funny car motors later so the car thing was in my blood! I've owned about a dozen 240's and 280's as well as a couple roadsters. I currently have a 240 shell on a rotisserie and am just finishing up welding new metal in it everywhere. I have another 240 out back that's a runner but is going to be cannibalized
shortly. I also have a 69 1600 roadster it bad shape but with only 69k original owner miles waiting for me to finish the 240. I also have a shed and basement full of parts, which I will be getting rid of as I finish up the current Z. You'll be seeing my ads in the classifieds.
I've been at this a long time and have some experience with just about everything...I've autocrossed successfully and fielded a carbureted turbo 240 back in the early '80's. I've never done anything really extreme but I have a lot of experience with performance street cars.My current build will have an f-54 with flattops and a shaved/shimmed/ported p-90 head, with a homemade intake manifold and megasquirt-n-spark engine management system. Tokico suspension and an r-200 rear end with a 5-speed.
Besides the cars I also ride mountain bikes and motorcycles (dirt and street) and I have a vintage Electraglide to go with my vintage cars.I have a weakness for motorized toys!
I work as a custom woodworker and contractor; I used to be an attorney but I hated it. I'm also a retired Marine veteran, hence the "ghosttanker" screen name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:28 pm 

Hey "ghosttanker",
Welcome to the club! It's great to have you in the fold and I'm sure many of our members will benefit from your years of experience. When you get a chance, please officially join the club by clicking on the "Join our Club" link on the left hand side of our club hoime page (www.ctzcc.com). That will ensure that you receive monthly updates on club events and meetings. Also, we would love to see some pics of your vehicles on our Member Rides section.

Welcome! Ross

Last edited by Ross.Williams on Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:22 pm 

Changed the name...e-mail is theghosttanker@yahoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:33 pm 

Mark,
Thanks for the registration. Looking forward to seeing you at some of our upcoming meetings and events.

PS - I am so excited because I actually beat Frank in welcoming a new member!! That is very hard to do - I think I deserve a cybertophy or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:29 pm 

Hey Mark, welcome! I second the request for pics!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:14 am 

Hey Mark, welcome to CTZCC. I'm located in Colchester, we met a few years back in the Stop and Shop parking lot and run across 'ghosttanker' on zcar.com.

You're going to quickly find that the club is made up of some great folks and is growing by leaps and bounds. We seem to be pulling Z people out of the wood work!! We have a very busy year ahead of us, hope you can join us in some of the activities.

As for you Ross, you definitely are due some recognition for beating Frank to welcome Mark to the club.

Welcome,
Phil

Post subject: Welcome
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:45 am 

Welcome "Ghosttanker" looking forward to seeing you at the meetings once the weather breaks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:55 am 

Mark,

Welcome to the club, glad you found us. It'll be nice to see you and your Z this summer at some of the events. I'm over here in Groton.

Cheers

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:40 pm 

Wow ~ I turn my back for 3 days for a X-country trip, and you guys let the Marines breach the perimeter!

Glad to be back home, but VERY pleased to find one of America's FINEST in our ranks (AND another 240 owner! OooRah!)

Mark, you're gonna have fun in here! These guys are nearly as crazy as we were in the Corps, but in a "suave, sophisticated" way. :roll:

We're all friendly in here, so drop yer pack, loosen yer leggings and pull a chair up to the campfire. We're all a bit stir-crazy with the winter, and can't wait to get the cars out again this spring. We are planning to shoot a Club Calendar this year, featuring as many members' cars as we can gather ~ will you have one to add to it by then?

Thank you for joining, WELCOME ABOARD, and just wait until you hear all the fun things we have planned for this year!

And no matter what years you served our Corps and Country ~ THANK YOU.

S/F~
Frank Thomas
MbrshpDir/CTZCC
240Z (Apr/70)
(Frank@CTZCC.Com)