Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:12 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: I'm Back
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:31 pm 

So I blew up my timing belt on the highway... I was lazy and paid the price. I found a junkyard motor for 300 bucks, and shes on the road again better than when i first got her! What a stroke of luck for me. Ive put a few hundred bucks into mechanical work, (clutch, master cylinder.. normal stuff) and my grand total is at about 2500 dollars for the car(including the 500 dollar initial purchase!) Thats still a steal considering she runs PERFECT. I also just had my first child, a little girl named Emma. But now that I have some money in savings and my Jeep paid off I think its time to fix some rust, and some leaks.
Any suggestions are more than appreciated as far as DIY methods vs. Professional work. P.S. I'll have pic's up very soon the snow in CT I think has finally stopped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:47 pm 

Well that's a LOT of news! I'm sorry and I'm glad and congratulations, in the appropriate order! (Just put them where they go! :lol:)

While your back was turned a lot of things happened in here. For one thing we joined a professional bodyman to the membership, so if you Posted pictures of the car he could probably advise you whether it required a Pro or if you could do it yrslf. His screen name is Obsidian Pete but don't ask him to come look at the car ~ he's in Australia. And don't be surprised if he doesn't respond immediately either; his whole country is on fire this week and he might be a tad busy trying to save his neighborhood.

Good to hear you saved a Z car from the crusher with a new engine! THANK YOU from all of us! Where did you find the engine and how many miles do you think it had on it?

(and WELCOME BACK!)

Frank T
MbrshpDir

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:14 am 

Yup, pictures should be coming this afternoon... if my scatter brain will remind me after class. Thanks for the info ill msg him as soon as i get the pics up.

The motor was found at a Junkyard by the friend of mine that put it in so i have no idea how many miles were on it. What i do know is it only cost 300 dollars, runs AMAZING, and came with a 3k mile / 30day warranty.

I had initially bought a set of heads to just replace the old ones, but it turned out very well this way.

I still have the heads(fully assembled) with a set of bolts and gaskets that i was thinking about replacing simply because i have them. I probably wont since the ones on there look decent and the thing runs like a champ, why fix it if it aint broke.