Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:44 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: New Member, Eastern CT
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:10 am 

Hi fellow Z car nuts,

My name is David Pescatello, I just found this z club today and submitted my application to be a member. As of now i am in a pretty intense project with my 1985 300zx. I took out the VG30ET and fitted an RB25DET in its place. There had been a lot of work done to the car. 100% poly mounts, CLSD differential, ACT 6 puck sprung clutch, 88 turbo front hubs, skyline 4 piston calipers, drilled and slotted rotors, etc. etc.

Here's some pictures.

The hood latch section I made removable

HOLSET HX40

Tranny Mount

Mocked up turbo placement for a Jig for a turbo manifold i am fabricating

Well if my cars not running by the next CT Z Car meet i will try to trailer it and say hello.

Let me know what you think of my project. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:41 am 

I love it,,...another RB'er in the area.

What system are you planning to run? I got an Emanage and a profec I'm trying to swap for a Haltech E11V2, I also have a Haltech E6K...

Also Known As Clayton Pace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:19 am 

WELCOME, DAVE!

How nice it was to pull up the website early this morning and find you as a new member! (And with a nice DET, too!) You have one of the more popular Z cars and it looks as if you are in the process of making yours even more popular :wink: I'm sure we each have 100 technical questions about your project, so you can expect to hear a barrage of welcoming replies to your excellent introduction.

For those members who live in Eastern CT, out by the RI boarder, Dave is our newest member in your neighborhood. Dave, you'll soon be hearing from your closest CTZCC members; Keith, Robin, Colin, Paul and our Club Photographer Phil all live close to you, and there are some others within a wider circle.

How did you find us? (And why didn't you find us SOONER? :lol:)

Glad to have you aboard ~ we're all looking forward to meeting you in person and seeing that ZX breathing fire. I'll be contacting you directly with information about how to Post pictures of your project in our MEMBER RIDES photo gallery.

Say hello to Dave, everyone!

Z Ya Later~
Frank T
Membership Director
CTZCC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:04 am 

Welcome Dave, nice work and influence that is. I'm getting ready to redo the engine compartment in my first Z31. I'm staying all original, but the cleanlinest and detail in you engine compartment influences me even more. I'm just putting a complete gasket set on the engine, and then just paint and detail. Interesting paint color you have there. Is that paint anything special? Well I can't wait to see it finished, good job. Welcome again, Paul from R.I.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:46 am 

David,
Welcome to the CTZCC! We are glad to have you aboard and I personally look forward to meeting you at future gatherings and events. Love that engine compartment color! Sicnerely, Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:51 am 

Welcome Aboard Dave,

I am in Groton and own a '93 Z32 that is pretty much all stock with only 57K miles on it. Looking forward to following your progress and seeing your Z on the road next Summer. If you have room in your garage for a bunch of on lookers, or even helpers we are always looking for a place to visit and talk about Z's even though most of our Z's are away for the winter. One of us may even bring a box of coffee and some donuts.

Finally, as the steward of the CTZCC Store, feel free to take a look at some of the items available that might interest you for your "Z Stuff" Collection. I'm working on getting more club logo's items, soon. I think a Hat would especially look sharp.

-Keith

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:22 am 

my garage can be a meeting place soon...I've been cleaning it up this week...

I was going to post a meet if anyone would have been interested, but before I did , I need to make some more room....It's only 20x20 feet, but plenty of entertainment with the computer and TV's... I would like Dave to bring his greddy intake for a little cash from me if he could... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:12 pm 

Welcome to CTZCC Dave!! Nice to have a growing Eastern CT contingent. No more solo runs across the state!! Nothing like a Z caravan!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:55 am 

Thanks fellas for all the comments. I have been working on this car on and off for maybe 3 years. This will be my second turbo project. I know i am going to get bashed on this but i am a honda fan also. i built a h22a turbo for my 94 honda prelude. honestly that project tought me everything about how a turbo setup works. also 370whp and 450 torque, hehe!

I have only spotted about 3 z's on the road of my generation. its a rare occasion. And last week i saw a black 87-89 style in occum, CT and i thought damn we need a z car club in ct. so i typed it in google and bingo there already was one. Also i noticed that last z car show was almost a 2 hour drive for me. Do we see in the future any car meets like that in eastern ct?

I also have one of them Trendy Myspace profiles. http://www.myspace.com/peskyracing if your on there add me.

my forum posting is normally on Hybridz.org and z31performance.com

Any questions feel free to ask. i am normally a pretty blunt straight forward person. so if i dont get in craisy detal let me know. i know my first post on here was pertty short. but the pictures tell 1000 words each so i thought that was ok, hehe.

:D :shock: :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:54 am 

No honda bashing here... 8)

at least I hope not... :evil:

http://forums.ctzcc.com/viewtopic.php?t=3513 :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:13 am 

Cool project! I am looking forward to seeing this one on the road...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:22 am 

Dave, in direct answer to your question, YES ~ at the October picnic we decided that CTZCC members in far-flung regions of the state could gather under the Club banner for convenience sake. Our monthly meetings are held in Darien, which is quite a haul for some folks on a weeknight. "Local" or "Regional" meetings are likely to be only a dozen members or fewer, but the spirit is going to be the same.

One thing you will quickly notice about your new "family" is that our members are intensely creative, and most of them generate GREAT ideas for the Club. You will also note that we have extended our family to include members from NY, NJ, MASS, VT, NH and RI (not to mention Georgia, Chicago, Maryland and Australia!). We're active, which serves the daily needs of Z owners around the area. During the warm months, we often gather for coffee on a weekend morning, just as an excuse to get the cars out and see each other again. In the colder months we simply rely on this great Website. That's easy, since it's a daily exercize. Other Z Clubs around the nation might be larger or may have been in existence longer, but their websites have gone stale and nobody has spoken a word on them for weeks or even months.

One of my favorite facets about the CTZCC is the wide range of experience our members have. With nearly 200 members, we enjoy a span of Z experience from the novice first-Z owner, to master mechanics who make their living working on Zs. I would bore you to death listing the names and experiences of all our members who have grown up under these great cars, skinning knuckles and eating rust flakes.

And every Sundae has to have a cherry on top. One of our most active members is the legendary six-time SCCA champion Bob Sharp, who raced the very first 240Z in America, and went on to smite record after record on racetracks around the country. Bob's exploits would take another page to list, but he'll tell you all about them if you buy the coffee.

You don't know it yet, but you're gonna fit right in here, and you're gonna make a LOT of new friends.

Z Ya!
Frank T
MbrshpDir

Last edited by Frank T on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:35 pm 

Well I had my Honda phase myself, then moved UP to Acura's, great little cars with alot of potential, but the torque steer and not having that rear wheel propulsion feeling just promted me to stay all Z car. I think those first gen Acura Integras were the best, had gone through 4 of them, fix and drive for awile then sell, never broke down or had any major issues, besides rusty rear quarters. I really MISS the 88 special edition I had, never have I ever seen another one. This had factory ground effects, rear spoiler and factory installed Alpine stereo with EQ. With over 300,000 miles on it, it still could chirp 3rd gear. Matter of fact, it climbed Mt. Okemo no problem, and I mean past the gate to the very top and probably pissed off all the guys up there with there big fancy 4x4 trucks, (I could tell by the look on there face we weren't wanted.) Great rally car I would say. Well Dave at least your 2 hours closer than I am, and I believe the chiefs are working on some east coast deal, so stay tuned, the club is still young. Maybe in the future we can just have those video conference meetings on the computer screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:12 pm 

HEY! Now THAT's another great idea! :idea:

(See what I mean, Dave?)

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:41 pm 

Yea, i see what you mean frank.

This is my honda!

Nice Launch :shock: NITTO NT01 Drag Radials in front