Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:08 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: HI EVERY ONE
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:09 pm 

Hello i am glad that i have found a club thats located in CT if any one is located in the Bridgeport area let me know maybe was can meet! I am 20 yrs old (21 in Dec) and i own a 1990 300zx N/A that's a lovely sliver currently i am trying to do some minor repairs to the car (which my fiance has named LadyZ LOL for some reason ) the repairs that i am trying to do include are getting a new cowl cover (because my dad broke it when he changed the battery) repairing the trim (the chrome is starting to show) get a new antenna (mine was snapped off when i got it) and fixing the front of the dash (it is puckering ) other than that the car is in awesome running order i just need to save up some money to due a tune up (any one recommend a place to go? ) umm thats all i can think of now LOL i also have a pic of my car on the site as well under allan garcia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:58 pm 

Hi, Allan!
I just looked at your car in the Member Rides gallery and I don't care if you call it LADY Z or THE BEAST, that's one beautiful Z32. Welcome aboard! Glad to have some more representation from the Bridgeport area. Several of our members are from that area, so you'll be meeting many of us.
How did you find out about the CTZCC? (We hide so well, you know!) :D
We have our annual picnic coming up on 18Oct08 in Darien, just down the road from you. I hope you'll bring the car and your wife or GF and meet us, and help us kill some hotdogs and hamburgers.
I encourage you to stroll thru the Discussion Forums in here and shake hands with everyone. We're friendly and laid-back but we all suffer from the same Z-Mania. (It's contagious). Don't be bashful Allan ~ we're all family in here.
I really like that Z logo! Wonder if anyone could do a tattoo like that? :shock:

Z Ya Later!
Frank T
Membership Director
1970 240Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:18 pm 

LOL yeah i got lucky in finding it LOL unfortunately i will be working that day from 8 to 4 which sucks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:56 pm 

Welcome, now you can just take the day off and come join us. I told my other job I can't work that day, I have Zcompulsivejaunititis. I wish I lived close like you, I have to come from R.I. Maybe I should move back to N.Y. Nice Z32, hopefully you get those few things straighten out. I was talking to a Z friend in N.J. last night that loves the Z32, (so do I, it's on my wish list, no Frank not that one, but hey I'll take a free one,) and he has some parts. You may e-mail me with all that you need with a little description, and I'll see what I can do. Also try zcar.com in the parts section. If you register, you may post what you need. I'm there alot, code name 1-i-Z. Welcome again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:23 pm 

Welcome Allan,

I am a Z32 owner in Groton, CT. Always happy to see another Z32 joining the club.

A good mechanical source in CT is Rich and Norm at RDZ300 in the Danbury area. http://rdz300.com/ You'll see by the website that specialize in the Z32 and are active CTZCC members.

I noticed your front wheels are on the wrong side(Unless they've been replaced and that's all you have), sometimes it's hard to notice, but once you do, you'll see it on other cars with the wheels on the wrong side. The wheels are also stamped with an L or an R. I find most tire shops don't even pay attention to that.

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing you Z32 out at a meet.

Keith

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:36 pm 

Keith ~
How can you tell about the wheels? Because of the sculps cut into one side of the spokes? That's something I'd like to know about if you could explain it. (You've got good eyes, man!)
I know tires are designed to turn in one direction, and they have arrows on them. In very recent years if you ran radials in one direction then swapped them to the other side of the car and ran them turning in the opposite direction, the thread would separate from the casing at speed. A real attention getter!
And what if Allan's tires are turning in the correct direction, but his wheels are turning bass-ackwards? Should he keep the rubber on the present side, but swap the wheels to the opposite side?
Frank :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:25 pm 

To try to explain, the leading edge of the sculp is flatter and the trailing edge comes to a point.

Check out profile shots of my car, Joe Zila's, Pat Burn's, Rob Dillion's. You'll see we have the wheels all going the right way. I noticed that Andrew Nelson has his left front and right rear swapped (Sorry, Andrew)

Also when you have one in front of you you'll see the "L" and the "R" as part of the # near the center. The last person I mentioned this to (boatyard customer I am trying to get to join our club) had to go back to his tire shop and have them swap the rubber because the tires were unidirectional. He is the original owner of a '90 Z32, his car looks like it rolled out of the showroom.

On another forum they call it out by saying only "Wheel Police". I usually don't point it out on those forum's because someone else always does. Since, I'd like all the CT cars to be right I mentioned it here, Like telling a friend they have food on their chin.

Now some guys had to replace a stock wheel and shopped a junk yard or e-bay and could not get the correct wheel for the side they needed. As long as the rubber is mounted in the right direction they would be fine. I thought I read somewhere along the way that there is a brake cooling benefit to having them spin as designed.

That's about the most technical thing I know so far about the Z32 other than changing the oil and installing a Cold Air Intake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:11 pm 

i never knew that look at tha i just learned some thing new yay me LOL i got the car second hand so i didnt know that lol so where would it say in the tire

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:32 pm 

Here is a photo of my driver's side Rear.

You'll see the "L", and you will see the direction on the tire too.

Attachments:
Z wheel.jpg
Z wheel.jpg [ 784.63 KiB | Viewed 7090 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:28 pm 

ahh ok thanks now i have to add to the list as well does any one know where i can get a stock tire for cheep and as for me calling out i cant because its a new job lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:19 am 

Does that mean one of your wheels has been replaced? You should have 2 "R's" and 2 "L's". Check the other side of the car the previous owner probably has one going the wrong direction there two. They can be swapped eventually when you need new tires on less your tire can go either way.

There is various offerings on ebay. And you can always search the parts on www.300zxclub.com. There also an area where you can post a parts needed request. I found that site to have a lot of good info on the Z32. You may also get more opionions that you need from the members there. If you do post on the site, fill out your profile first, then they will be very helpful. Good Luck.

As I said, Glad to see another Z32 in the club ranks.

-Keith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:00 am 

i am part of the 300zxclub already i just need to check the other side now but thanks your your help mostly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:22 pm 

i just looked at the tires and apparently the rightrims are on the back and the left are on the front

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:30 pm 

Hey, Allan, how cool is this Club? You got a free education about your own car the first week you were with us! Imagine how smart we'll all be a year from now! :lol:
Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:54 pm 

If the tires have been on the rims for awile, don't just swap the whole rim. Move the rims, but keep the tires in there position. Especialy if the tires are directional as well. (not shure how old your tires are)