Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:11 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Howdy
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:46 pm 

Hello all.
Thanks to all who put this club and website together. I’m so glad that we have a first class Z club here in CT.

Found this web site while browsing for z car stuff. Saw the announcement for the z car show. Went down and checked it out. Very nice show. Because it was a hot day the wife made us drive our Xterra for the air conditioning.

My wife and I have been driving, and collecting Z cars since 1981. Bought our first 81 280zx new from Bob sharp motors. All together we have had 10 to 12 through the years. 3 or 4 were part cars.

Current inventory includes
74 260z modified with 280 motor with triple webers, and 5speed trans
75 280z diesel crank motor, lowered, lots of suspension goodies.
82 280zx bone stock with a motorsports body kit.
91 300zx tt with Jim Wolf ecu, and 555cc injectors.

All cars were purchased in the above configurations, except the 82 280zx I put the body kit on.

Wish I had more time to work on them, but we do drive them a lot.

Will post image as soon as I’m set up to do so.

Looking forward to meeting fellow z car people.

Pat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:12 pm 

HELLO PAT!
Welcome aboard! Very glad to have you among us and do I understand you DID make our first car show? Might you be the couple we met who had 4 Z cars in their garage, who we got a picture taken of with Bob Sharp? (I think her name was Joyce?)

Check out the pictures of that show under the UPCOMING EVENTS forum, then find "THANKS FOR A GREAT SHOW!!!!!" See if you recognize anyone there.

That's a rather impressive stableful of cars you have! We will all look forward to seeing them in the very near future ~ first in our Members Rides gallery, then in person!

We are a happy bunch in here ~ all related, you know ~ we drive Zs.
Hope you aren't bashful and will join in on any of the discussion forums you find interesting. Thanks for your introduction and I look forward to meeting you soon!

Z ya later!
Frank T
Membership Director
CTZCC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:19 pm 

Pat, welcome!! That does sound like an impressive stable of Z hardware. Make sure you make it to Ross' on October 19th. These fall get togethers are a great time. The only polishing allowed is polishing up on our Z friendships!!

Regards,
Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:56 am 

Hey Pat,
Welcome to our club! Please join officially by clicking the "Joion out Club" link on the home page (www.ctzcc.com). Joining is free and will ensure that you receive periodic e-mail updates and parts discounts at Nissan Darien. It will be great for the club to benefit from your knowledge of Z cars and I encourage youto be active on the discussion forums. Look forward to meeting you in person. Regards, Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:02 pm 

Welcome. Nice collection you have there, can't wait to see the pics., especially the 82, O' shoot all of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:53 am 

Pat~
It's now late September and I have a favor to ask of you.

A few months before you joined us, our President Ross Williams asked us all to try to Post pictures of 100 cars in our MEMBER RIDES forum before our annual Fall Outing on 18Oct08. When Ross asked, we had 42 cars. As I write this we have nearly 80 ( :D ) but we only have abt 3 weeks left to get the remaining cars!

Since you seem to own more than half the remaining Z cars on the East Coast, you could help us! Would you please contact our WebWizzard Jim Hagani (Webmaster@CTZCC.Com) and get passwords for EACH of your Z cars? That would allow you to enter each car as a separate photo and we'd be well on our way to meeting our goal!

I've been trying to get Mike Englehardt and other multiple-car owners to do the same recently, so if you can lead the way and show them how it's done, maybe it would inspire them to add their other cars, too!

Thanx Pat! Looking fwd to seeing that stableful soon! (You DON'T have to wash 'em! We enjoy seeing Z cars in any condition!)

Frank T
MbrshpDir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:59 am 

So Frank, are you saying to split up the picture album and post each car seperatly? Does it matter if ther're not on the road yet? By the way the wife is holding off on getting a newer car at the moment, but during the whole process I found a guy who is willing to trade his late 86 in nice condition with blown engine for my 81 n/a that needs to be painted and prep work finished but is mechanically sound, (after I install a better tranni.) My goal is to have 1 of each model. s30, s130, z31, z32 next then...........................350z.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:59 am 

Right Paul~ Post each of your cars individually, even partZ cars. I don't want to run this thread very long under Pat's New Member Intro, so please see my Post under the GENERAL Z DISCUSSION Forum.
Thnx/Frank