Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:37 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: New to the ctzcc
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:17 pm 

Well I was there Saturday, (83 silver turbo,) and enjoyed the show and seeing so many Z's in one place. So this was my second event in Conn. so far, so I felt the ctzcc sounds like a good choice, and after the show Sat., yep, it's a good choice. So if no one minds a Rhode Islander, (well actually from N.Y.) then here I am. And I will always tell someone to buy ther Nissan or Jag at Darien Nissan. So the short story: I've been into Z's for 25 years now, mostly s130's, my very first car was a 72 240z, midnight blue with white interior, rusted to death. After that, 82T, 81T and about 15 other s130's after that, had 7 at one time. After a slope of having no Z's for several years, (school and life, you know,) I recently acclaimed 9 Z's all sittin in my yard, (about in the last few years.) Some I parted up, so in the end I now have the 83T, 81 n/a, 79 (going for 350 conversion,) 75 for racing, (hopefull prospect,) and my pride and joy, a 1972 240Z. So most of my mechanical experience is with the s130's and now with some s30's around I'm getting more familiar with those. (tearing down a car is a good learning experience in my book.) Ok, short enough, have a great day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:44 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Paul:

I saw your ZX on Saturday but somehow did not get to meet you! Nice car! I had the black/yellow 1980ZX parked a couple of cars away. I guess we didn't meet because we each spent more time away from our cars than next to our cars.

One of these days we'll have to have a contest to see which member has owned the most Z's...we have a few members who, like you, have probably owned more Z's than most people have owned cars!

Thanks for making the long trip down I-95 to our show - I hope you'll be able to make some of the other big events Ross is busy planning.

- Jim
webmaster@ctzcc.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:07 pm 

Paul, Sincere thanks for coming aboard and welcome! Nobody objects to which state you park your Z car(s) in ~ as long as you love them.

We had such a tremendous time at our 1st Car Show, largely due to the incredible support of our visiting neighbors! It was absolutely stirring to see rows and rows of cars arrive from RI, MA, NY, NJ, and GA, and "interbreed" with our CT cars! :shock: You're welcome here anytime you can afford the fuel to get here.

Thanx for your bio. Sounds like you've had enough experience with the Zs to offer some advice to our lesser-experienced members. Keep your finger on the pulse in our Tech Talk forum ~ lots of folks want to learn from the guys who have made all the mistakes themselves! :D

By the way, did you notice how many YOUNGER Z owners there were at our car show? It gave me a real rush to think that some of these Series-1 cars were older than their owners. And these young guys love the cars just as we did when we were 19 or 20.

We have many of the first generation Zs in the club, and somebody among us has the answer to whatever question you have ~ so start getting friendly and meet everyone you can. That '72 will keep your wrenches busy, no question about it, and the more you learn about it, the more you'll learn to love it.

Looking forward to sharing stories with you over coffee someday.
Again, welcome.

Frank T
Mbrshp Dir
1970 240Z #02807

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:40 am 

Thanks for the invit guys, I hope to be a good asset to the club. I don't mind helping people with the mechanics of there Z. I may know alot, but there is still alot to learn, especially when it comes to racing, my last frontier that I hope to reach. Yes, I was impressed by the younger gen. for having Z cars older than them. I'm only 4 years older than my Z, and I thought that was cool. There was that one kid with the black 240 in front of me, he must of been in his early 20's, I voted for him, for one it was a nice Z and second because of his pride towards his Z car. Well I hope to be cruising the 240 soon, it actually doesn't need much but to fix my exhaust leak, some u-joints, new tires on my new aluminum slots and some gas, maybe some other minor things and some tlc. The last 2 PO's took care of her and have the service records. Have a good day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:59 am 

Welcome aboard Paul... I am in Groton with a Z32. Looking forward to seeing you at future meets.

Keith

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:28 am 

Good Morning, Keith! Nice to see you survived our show (and your car looked great!)

Paul, just a further word about that young guy in the black beauty ahead of you (That's Mike's 1971 240) ~
Mike can't be out of his 20s, the general age many of us were when we got bitten by The Bug, and his Series-1 car had some electrical problems, but God Bless him, he refused to let that keep him home. He had a spare 12v on the passenger floorboard just to keep him going, and a few of us had to help push him around once (I think you were involved in that, too?). That kind of spirit was the same as we all had Back in the Day, and few drivers of the old Zs leave home without a toolkit in the cargo deck today ~ just as we all did in the '70s and '80s.
You're right ~ his car was a beauty, and many voters had really good things to say about it and some voted for him. I was impressed by the car and the owner's spirit, and it makes me feel Warm & Toasty to think the future of these cars rests in the hands of guys like him. You could tell he had spent a lot of effort on the car before he brought it to the show, then he spent another 1/2 hour wiping the road dirt off it from the trip. It showed well, even after some of us wiped the Armor All off his tires during the push-around :lol:
And he inadvertently taught some old guys some lessons about the early Z cars. I tried to tell everyone to push the car with their palms on the rear bodywork just outside the taillights, but they insisted on pushing that durned rubber rear bumper, and got that indelible black INKY stuff all over them, just like we learned NOT to do Back in the Day! :roll: I hope Mike got a chuckle over that!
Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:35 am 

Hey Paul,
We don't mind a RI or anyone else for that matter that wants to be part of this club! Welcome and good to meet you on Saturday. Thanks for posting pics as well. It's always great to see what lies in people's garages. Hope to see you at future events. Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:03 pm 

Thanks, Ross, don't mind the messy garage, working on that, and if I can't learn to play that piano, that can go to. Well, Frank I wasn't involved and had no idea, I thought it was just one of those fussy ones, once you get it started, you just drive it home. and for a minor car pushing advice, just turn the wheels, I have no one to help me, so that's how I move some cars around, (except the chevy conversion van.) I sometimes have to use a large rachet and crank the lugs if I have to.