Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:30 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Yo! Zeeple!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:54 pm 

Damn glad to meetcha! Have recently relocated back to New England after 27 yrs in Texas and have been wondering if there were Z clubs in the area (was a member of two 'down there'). Ran across you guys at the ALMS Lime Rock event a week or so ago,so..let's party! Currently on Z3,(Z4,a parts car,got left behind)a '71 most affectionately known as 'lil red that I picked up in '87. Latest motor(4th I think,don't ask how many clutches) came in a crate from Nissan on it's way to an '83 280ZX somewhere,but,well...things happen. Managed to find a 5 gear around the same time,along w/ a few other goodies,so that's where we are. Have been wandering aimlessly in search of a replacement Z Guru,but now,thanx to you guys,my 'grasshopper' daze are over. Looking forward to meeting everyone,especially the Emperor hisownself. Thanx. Al.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:03 pm 

Wow, talk about just missing the boat!!! We just held our annual car show Sunday with about 60 Z's showing up for the festivities!! Sorry you missed it. Check the upcoming events forum for our next event which is scheduled for this Saturday at Lime Rock Racepark..

Regards,
Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:09 am 

Allan!
Welcome aboard! Dang! You couldn't have got here a week sooner? We NEED 1970-71 cars! As Phil says, we just had a great car show and any good Texan wouldn't have been bothered by the heat index.
Our next "family outing" is an informal trip to Lime Rock Raceway in the N/W corner of CT. Our own famous Bob Sharp will give us mock classes on whats required to set your life aside and become a championship race driver. Check our UPCOMING EVENTS forum for details, but it's this weekend so read quick!
We're all looking fwd to seeing photos of your 240Z in our Member Rides gallery. Get up with Jim Hagani (WebMaster@CTZCC) and he'll give you a special password which will let you enter pix into that forum.
If you're still unfamiliar with the state and need to follow some other members up to LRP, sound off and some of us will meet you for a caravan.
Glad to have you aboard, REALLY glad to have another Series-1 car!

Z Ya!
Frank T
Membership Director
1970 240Z #02807

AND NOW, a word of warm welcome from The Emperor, HisOwnSelf, Ross Williams! (Crowd goes wild, ear-splitting cheering and applause)....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:32 am 

Thanks Frank for the lead-in. It's been a while since the crowd went wild for me - in fact I don't recall that ever happening. But anyway, Welcome Al! It's always a true pleasure to welcome a new member to what is fast becoming a very vibrant club. Although we've been around a few years, we just started becoming active last Fall. I think you will find many friendly people here, each with something unique to offer. Between our events and piggybacking onto the events of other clubs, you'll find a wide variety of people, cars and activities to have fun with. Again, welcome to your new Z home! Sincerely, Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:03 am 

Welcome Al.... wihich part of eastern CT are you. As you see I am in Groton. Looking forward to seeing you at the meets. Keith

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z