Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:44 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: new member
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:13 am 

helllo my name is robert spinelli , i am from ny near albany , i have loved z cars since i was 18 and tried to buy my first (didnt get it stupid kid no real job) fate most likly as i am sure i would have killed it , i did get on in 2004 a 1983 280zx it was very clean (for a ny car) very little rust , joined a z club here ZANY and went to my first car show , (my car one second place ) i was amazed how these people just loved z cars , just like me , i was able to get my next a 1984 300 zx , that while i was driving the timing belt went , along with most of the valves , so it got rebuilt , when i got it back it was great but the 3rd day some stupid kid looking right turned left into my lane , i got to swerve intto traffic to avoid the collision , but he hit me in the rear wheel and out came the axel , i was very upset , then i got my 1986 300zx north carolina car , and finally from my great friend jeff , my true love a 1974 260 z , now my 280zx and my 300zx are for sale , i found you guys quite by accident but i am glad i did ,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:41 am 

Welcome, Bob, and we're glad you found us, too!

You sound like every Z car owner I've ever met ~ determined not to let the difficulties of owning a Z overcome the fun of driving one. For every one of these beautiful cars we see in good condition, there is a hidden Trail of Tears and horror stories behind the owner's eyes.

I've "spoken" with you off-screen about your cars, and I'm very happy that you've joined us. Some of our events are close enough for you to attend and get to meet us. We have a great bunch of real Z-People in here, and we have fun together. Now you're one of us.

NY is tough on cars, so if you have one (or three!) you love, it's important to have friends who can help you survive! I encourage you to use this website to get to know us and express your thoughts in the Forums. Don't be afraid to ask Qs about these cars ~ many members own some like yours and have the answers you need.

Z Ya Later!
Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:36 am 

Wow, Bob ~
Just viewed your beautiful 260! What a car!
I really like the fact that you appear to have swapped carbs for earlier 4-screw Round-Tops, to avoid the vaporlock problems associated with the flat-tops.
Bet it hauls!

Frank T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:57 pm 

yes i am very happy with it , i spend lots of time just sitting in the garage looking at it , next it will get a 5 speed , in a few weeks , and i am loking for trip webbers , and a 411 rear , i should be a ok ,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:24 pm 

this is this of what was done to my 260z , came from arizona ,

top end the stock p-59 head was warped , head was heated and straightend , gasket surface was milled .60 old valves polished , seats ported , motor sport stage 2 cam kit with heavy duty springs professionally installed by CNY crank in sayracuse NY

bottom end : all new bearings and seals /and freeze plugs all bottom end work also done by CNY crank .

Misc.

new crank and cam sprockets
new timing chain
new water pump
new oil pump / op senser
new fuel pump
new cylinder head bolts / manifold bolts
all new gaskets
used 72 ballance tube w/smog plugged off ,
new motor sport 6 into 2 header
carbs rebuilt with 72 needles and jets
new motor sport center force 2 clutch
all work done with the odo at 136,000 now reads ..146,800

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:57 pm 

Robert,
Welcome aboard and thanks for the pictures of your car. It is a beauty and we welcome it and you to the fold! Sincerely, Ross