Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:24 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: It's time...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:19 pm 

I have owned a Z car for about the last 18 years or so and I am now on my 15th, I actually got written up in the winter 05 edition af SporZ mag with pics of 12 of my previous cars. They have all been 280 or Z31 300 ZX's. Mostly 2+2's. Of course my zcar interest piqued when a cousin of mine that always drove sports cars, i.e. triumph tr4airs's, sunbeam tigers and the like, bought a Z in 1970 and progressed thru to the 280ZX.. I alsways wanted a Z and once I got divorced I started buying them and haven't been able to stop. I now own a beautiful red 85 ZX GLL model w/114k miles on her, it's kind of a mix of the old and new. I bought the motor trend book on the Z31 line and it seems they were actually trying to stay with the Z car formula in dimensions and performance but they just upgraded them with all the GT car luxuries. My 85 still performs well and handles nicely on the highway or in the S's. Although I really love the car I am always on the lookout for the next one. When the 03 350 came out I was telling the new owners to take care of them and that I might be looking for one of their cars when it is about 15 years old or so... I had my 87 2+2 in the Bob Sharp Nissan show in Wilton in 2002, still have my dash plaque and t-shirt from the event, i'll have to wear it to one of our meetings or shows... Anyway that's my story and i'm sticking to it .. Z's4vr... Tom Wasney 85 GLL 5sp :D [/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:05 pm 

Tom ~
I love the way you say that ~ now on your 15th Z!

It sounds to me as if you were bitten by the same bug others were (wanting to own every model Z made), but you have been fortunate enough to actually DO it!

I admire something about EVERY Z I SEE. It's great to walk thu a lot full of ZCars and notice how they've evloved over the decades. But I've only ever wanted ONE; the 1970.

Many Zs outperform it. Many others are more aerodynamical. Most are more comfortable cruisers than the '70. But for what I want in a SPORTS CAR in the GT class, there's only ONE DATSUN Z CAR.

Know what I mean?

Welcome aboard Tom, and THANKS for bringing all those years of expertise and experience to our table! Pull up a chair and make yrslf at home.

Frank
Still on my First Z ~ but for the 2nd time! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:57 pm 

I also read your intro Frank and that's the neatest damn story of Z love and reuniting with your first love.... When I was about 20 I was driving a 70 MGB roadster and a 1938 Buick Special sedan. I got married in 76 and we used the Buick in the wedding, ended up selling it to pay a Visa bill. At the time I had the Buick longer than the wife, I always say I should have dumped the wife then and kept the Buick, it never gave me a problem. That car is the one I would really like to reunite with.... Tom Wasney

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:42 pm 

Hey Tom,

Good to see you here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:27 am 

Hey Barry, What are you doing posting on Wed. when you should be at the club meeting? Made the last 2 and it is an event in itself having the Legendary Bob Sharp in attendance.... See you soon.. Tom