Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:57 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: New Member Introduction
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:39 am 

Hi, I'm the other guy in East Hartford that owns Z cars & 510s. In a nutshell I have been driving Datsuns since graduating High School in 1973. I purchased my first 510 after watching Bob and Paul running them ragged up at Lime Rock during the TransAm days. Well 35 years later I now have three of them and two 240s, The ‘72 240 I purchases in 1984 and the ‘70 I purchased in 1992(?). All the 510 are 1972s and the best year according to some. As some of you have perhaps seen in my posted pics, I have taken them apart and put them back together again and again. I have learned a little bit about them along the way, their strengths and more importantly their weaknesses and I would be more than happy to share what I have stumbled across. I have numerous high res. WIP pics that again I would be happy to share. I am also willing to share with all of you and in the words of Arney (TERMANATOR) Swartsnager "I have detailed files". Although I am not much of an Internet Guy, I do try to get to my e-mail every day or so. Its nice to have our Ct. Club back again and as most all of you know, we in Connecticut were the East Coast Home for the Datsun Z Car thanks to the tireless and unparalleled efforts of Bob Sharp, Paul Newman and all the crew that keep them alive and well. Thanks again and hope to hear from all of you soon. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:23 am 

David,
Welcome to the club and discussion board. After seeing your pictures in the Member Rides section I have one request - please post more! There are very few of us (any?) that have taken a car down to bare sheet metal and then brought it back to life as beautifully as you have. It would be great to see a set of 8-10 photos for each car. You may be able to talk our webmaster (Jim Hagani - webmaster@ctzcc.com) into setting up several Member Rides ID's up for you. Then you could post pictures separately for each car.

Again, welcome to the club and thanks for sharing your story and pics! Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:55 am 

DAVE ~

YAY! I'VE BEEN HOPING TO SEE YOUR INTRO HERE. GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT.

FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T YET HEARD THIS STORY ~ I FIRST 'MET' DAVE RUSSELL AT A STOPLIGHT ON THE BERLIN TNPKE ABOUT 5 YRS AGO. HE WAS DRIVING HIS YELLOW 1970 240Z AND I HAD JUST RE-LOCATED MINE (BUT HADDN'T CONVINCED THE PO TO SELL IT YET). IN THE FEW SECONDS WE HAD TO CHAT, NO NAMES WERE EXCHANGED.

IN MY VERY FIRST E-CORRESPONDENCE WITH ROSS WILLIAMS I ASKED HIM IF HE KNEW WHO THIS GUY WAS (HOW MANY YELLOW 1970 240s CAN THERE BE IN CT?). ROSS DIDN'T KNOW HIM.

ROSS ~ NOW YOU DO!

I URGE EVERYONE TO VIEW DAVE's CARS IN OUR MEMBERS' RIDES FORUM. (I'M USING THE PICTURE OF HIS TRIPLE-SU MANIFOLD SETUP AS MY COMPUTER WALLPAPER!)

WELCOME DAVE, WELCOME!
Frank