Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 11:16 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: New member
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:51 pm 

Hello everyone!
I moved out here a couple of years ago and of course brought my Z. This is the 5th Z I have owned and restored. Actually, I haven't had too many other cars than a Z. The poor thing does a lot of sitting in the garage and I am looking forward to having an excuse to get it out once in a while.
CYA
Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:53 pm 

Sean,
Welcome! How about telling us a little about your Z. How long you've owned it, how long you've been a "Z" guy" and any other interesting anecdotes. Looking forward to meeting you. Ross

For the rest of the group - Sean's car can be seen in the Members Rides section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:01 am 

I was born and raised in Nevada and Z cars there almost never have any rust. I would buy a beat up Z, fix it up, enjoy it for a while and sell it. I never really made any money doing that, but I found it enjoyable. I have always owned a Z in one form or another. I have had many other daily drivers, but there was always a Z parked in the garage.
The Z I have now I bought for $800 about 9 years ago. It was an absolute mess. By far the most trashed I have seen. The guy who was selling it told me that if it doesn’t sell, he was taking it to the junk yard. I have spent the past several years taking it apart and repairing it. I converted from an automatic to a manual, R-200 rear, all urethane bushings, Eibach springs, KYB struts, and a ton of other stuff. The motor in it is the original L-24 that I did a very light rebuild on and added some round top SU’s. I always had the intention of putting an L-28 in it, but so far I haven’t gotten to it. The current motor runs fine, it’s just kind of tired.
I still tinker on it once in a while. Its funny, when I was 16, it seemed that I had nothing else to do but fix my Z’s. Now I am lucky to take the cover off and start it!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:12 am 

Sean ~

Oh, Wow!
I just viewed your Z ~ what a beautiful job. Original year? I really like those bumper combos; who makes them? You should link-up with member Bryan at the Z Garage (website posted on CTZCC homepage); he's rebuilt about half a dozen Zs and currently runs a real screamer, but won't post a photo until the paint is the way he wants it.
Welcome aboard ~ looking fwd to mtg you an seeing that Z.
Frank T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:50 pm 

That is a MSA type 2 kit minus the side skirts. I really didn't like the look of the skirts. The bumpers are mounted on a 1973 Z.
Thanks for the compliment!
Sean