Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:09 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:10 am 

Hey guys. Just wanted to say hi. I am hoping to attend the May 14th meeting, and drive to LRP on May 17th.

My Z is a 240z #11137 (posted in Member Rides), which I've had for a few years now. Looking forward to getting the Z out and meeting a few folks!

Cheers,
Colin

Post subject: Welcome
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:22 pm 

Hey Colin - Welcome to the CTZCC. I love those wheels on your car. Looking forward to meeting you in person. Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:49 am 

Colin,
I've been thinking of upgraded my wheels on my 280. Are yours Panasports? Did they come with center caps or maybe you just had them off when you took the photos? Regards, Ross

Post subject: HLS30-11137
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:24 am 

Welcome Aboard, Colin!
And what a beauty your '70 is! Back in the Day, I never liked that waist-trim chrome strip on the Series 1 cars ~ until today, when I saw it on yours!
Suddenly it makes sense! Your car has some really nice goodies. The front & rear bumperbars look neat, and WHOSE over-under exhaust do I see poking out the rear? Are they original Ansas?
I have HLS30-02807 (again); PLEASE tell me abt your engine! (And shoot more pix?)
Really glad to have you w/us!
Frank T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:02 am 

Hey Frank. Thanks for the compliments. And your Z looks great as well...and a fantastic story you have to boot (=

I don't know much about the Ansa exhaust or when it was added. I don't believe my block is original, so I'm sure someone swapped in this exhaust at some point. Motor is currently a stock L24, nothing special...hoping to eventually swap in an L28....maybe a stroker (= But at this point I am just trying to get the car to be reliable for longer road trips. So I'm getting into electrical upgrades, and such. Other than some goofy wiring done at some point, the car is a fairly decent original survivor.

I wasn't a fan of the extra bumper pieces at first....but the look has grown on me....especially the rear. I am tempted to pull off the front cow catcher though (=

Hope to meet you and everyone at the next get-together.

Best,
Colin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:48 am 

Colin~
Hope you marked your calendar and are planning to attend our meeting this week. We'll have DATSUN Z GARAGE's Bryan Little's 1970 Z on display, and he'll walk us thru the rigors of keeping a Series-1 car as a daily driver.
I've seen the car and it's a screamer. Hope you can bring your 240 as well?
Z Ya!/Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:41 am 

Hey Frank. It's looking like I'll be bringing the Z tomorrow. Might be a bit of a dicey drive back home at night, as my headlights are a little dim these days. Too bad the headlight relay upgrade I just ordered won't show up until later this week (=

I believe Vinny Bedini will be in attendance as well. He just did some fantastic work to my Z...so I'm sure he'll have some very wise words for us.

Looking forward to the drive, the meeting, and seeing Bryan's z.

Cheers,
Colin

Post subject: Glad you made it!
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:32 pm 

Glad you made the meeting, Colin. It was nice to meet you and your Dad and to get a chance to inspect that beautiful 240 up close. I'm planning on visiting a partZ car this week and will look for a cigarette lighter for you, if you want.

I was really impressed by your ANSA exhausts! I had them on my 240 for 12+ years, and they were one of the many things scavenged off it during the 23 years the car and I were apart. Nothing else sounds like them (and few systems are harder to keep under the car! I dropped mine on speedbumps three times!).

Get up with Bryan Little and ask him about the 50-amp alternator upgrade for 240s. I'm assembling all the parts to do it to mine and it doesn't sound hard to do. It might make quite a difference in your lighting. He knows lots of tricks! ALSO ~ are you using your original fuse box, or has it been upgraded? (Bryan knows that trick, too!)

Z ya later!
Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:53 pm 

Hey Frank. Yes, it was a pleasure to bring the Z down, and meet folks. Now we know to show up a little bit earlier to browse the paddock and chit-chat.

We barely made it back home that night though - the Z has a bit of a charging issue I am trying to sort out. If you're interested, check out this thread I just started:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/show ... post255883

As soon as I get the stock charging system working properly, I will definitely do the 280zx alt swap.

Thanks so much for the offer to pick up the lighter - if it looks OK, I'll take you up on it. Just bring it to the next meeting and I'll trade you for a slice of pizza :lol: Seriously though, yes, and I'll gladly reimburse.

I did some research on the Ansa system - I didn't realize it was such a hot commodity. I'll have to keep a look-out for a back-up NOS set-up...but it sounds like you'll be snatching them up first :)

Cheers,
Colin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:53 am 

Hey guys. Just another plug for Vinny – I had him install Tokico springs, to match my Tokico adjustables. I wasn’t happy with the front height of the old MSA blue springs I had on. Vinny also eliminated my diff ‘clunk’. Tack on a new ‘spook’ front spoiler and new shoes…and whoa! Wheels are XXR 513 16x8 with Fuzion Rubber 205/50/16. A couple more pics are in the Member Rides section.

Due to prior obligations, I won’t be able to make the Colin Foote memorial – it sounds like such a great event. My Dad and I hope to see folks at the Lime Rock event though, if not sooner.

Cheers,
Colin

Attachments:
IMG_6292.jpg
IMG_6292.jpg [ 390.47 KiB | Viewed 9788 times ]

1970 Datsun 240z #11137

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:10 pm 

Can this great car possibly look any better? It remains one of my favorite cars in this Club.

Vinny sure knows how to make a great looking car work better. Your comments should also appear in the VENDOR RAVES AND GRIPES forum.
I'm headed for the MEMBER RIDES gallery to zee your new pictures now! :wink:

Frank

*(PS ~ Hi, Mrs G!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:37 pm 

All I can say is....SWEET! When is the next feature film that this car is going to be in Colin????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:37 pm 

Looks like a "Movie Star"

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:26 pm 

Colin the car is looking better and better every time I see it, Cheers to a job well done. From the other Great looking orange Z in the club.
See ya soon.... :wink:

Black 2007 350-Z
67 Camaro Custom
Orange Late 71 240-Z Sold and sitting in a Doctors Collection

Colin Foote Never Forgotten!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:43 am 

Colin ~ meet me in the Tech Talk forum, please?
Look for Differential Clunk.

Frank