Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:34 pm 
My name is Dan, I live in Old Saybrook, Ct and I bought my 83 280zx turbo when i was a soph. in high school and have been trying to work on it since but keep either running out of money or since having a limited knowledge of cars cant seem to fix it. its been on blocks since for about 5 years and I really want to get it on the road. I have about 1k$ and It need to get the fuel pump fixed with the ignition and connect the new gauges i modified to the dash and have some help putting that in. as far as engine work goes i need some help putting in the downpipe and seeing if i connected the oil line to the turbo correctly. ihave new boost, oil , air to fuel. gauges i bought but have no clue about installing them. other than that i have a ton and i mean a ton of other parts that are up for grabs if someone can be kind enough to help me I also have new floor pans but i want to get themdone professionaly. Im not sure about the shocks or struts. Anyway im a new member and glad to see a forum in Ct. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated, and ill do my best for compensation. look forward to hearing from you. Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:32 pm 

Dan,
My suggestion is to come to our first meeting, which is scheduled for Wednesday evening April 2nd 2008 at Nissan Darien and network a bit. Good Z mechanics are few and far between and your funds situation isn't going to help. That being said, you might be able to learn of someone who is willing to work on your car without charging an arm and a leg. The other suggestion is to look through the Z-related web-sites that we have referenced (and others) for recommendations of local mechanics. Hope to see you on April 2nd! Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:07 pm 

Dan,

I work in Old Saybrook at Island Cove Marina. I own a Red '93 300zx and am just getting into the wrench turning side of things so I won't be too much help to you. My car is currently stock and needs very little work (knock on wood). I could offer moral support for your project.

I went to the 1st meet in Darien and will drive down again for the one on 5/14. You are welcome to hop in for a ride down if you want.

Welcome to the forum.

Keith

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:00 am 

Dan,
You could also try contacting Vinny Bedini who belongs to our club and works on 510's and Z's. He is located in New Milford, CT. Vinny does a lot of performance upgrades but also is very good at basic work. If you are interested, shoot me an e-mail and I will send you his phone number. Regards, Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:34 pm 

Hey Dan ~

How about an update on this? Have you made any progress on your Z and did you ever make contact with any of us for a Q&A?

Let's see some photos of your car, guy. Since you first wrote us, we have added a TON of new members, many of whom drive Turbo Zs. Tell us what progress you've made and what remains to be done?

Z Ya!
Frank T
Membership Director
CTZCC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:35 am 

Well, it's been a year and we haven't heard anything from Dan since last year. Our first Monthly Meeting of 2009 will be held in his hometown of Old Saybrook, so that should give us a chance to meet him, but we never heard from him again. Dan doesn't respond to my PMs, or Emails.

That's just one example of why it's important that each screen user take the time to complete his/her Registration information and become full CTZCC members.

If any of you feel you might know who Dan is, please give him a call and encourage him to get back involved with us.

We will continue to carry his name on our Membership Rolls. Hopefully Dan will re-surface in the near future!

Frank T
MbrshpDir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:07 am 

Welcome, I work on Z's for personal use, and the 280zx is what I work on the most. I have an 83t myself. I live in R.I. but can always lend a helping word or 2. If you need to remove the dash, it's fairly easy. I can probably do it in 15 minutes. I also have some good parts if needed.