Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: New to the group from NY
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:33 am 

Hello fellow z club members. I am Fred Scott. Kinda of weird to talk about my car in a chat group. Never did it and not on social media. Just not my thing. Where do I start? Well I have had 3 Z's in my life. The first is a 1984. To be fair it was my girlfriend's. I am one and done. Been with this lovely girl since 10th grade. So I can say this June she has tolerated me for 43 years so far. So total Z's ...3 To be real, I was not a fan of her black 2 door pinstriped everywhere car. But even back then I was in the mode of "happy wife, happy life". So she got it and it was and still is her favorite car.

On a drive from NY down to FL on I-95 south in the 1984 Z we were shocked to see a 1990 pale yellow Z32 enter the highway in Jacksonville. I never saw one. I didn't know what it was. I had cable tv and the moment a commercial came on I switch the channel. It was one of those moments. Was that the new Z? I was hooked. She might have been also but I was focused on the car and don't remember if she cared. Fast forward 3 years and another drive down to Fl, I decided to look for the car in the same entrance ramp. No go. That brought up the conversation and when we got back to NY, I found my dream car.

I have always preferred the 2+2. I like that look better. If there was only a coupe I would have been fine that way also. The dealership that was 2 miles from my house had two. Both pre owned off lease. Base flat white, red interior and Pearl White with tan gut. I was in love with the pearl.

I negotiated the price and then told them about the trade (keep the trade out to the end). We haggled and by the end of the evening, while all the staff had left except for the sales person (who told me he was going to buy my now wife's black 1984 z for himself,,,,,,, not something he should have told me before the deal was done), and the sales manager, we came to a price. It was ours(mine). Auto, beautiful. At delivery the GSM (general sales manager) of the whole auto mall came out and said he heard how great a negotiator I was. "Ok. Thanks" I said. He offered me a job. "no thanks I worked on wall street" Fast forward 3 weeks later and my firm let's me go and guess what my new job is? I worked there for 10 years and rose in the ranks.

We then decided to have a family. I was able to put them in the back in their car seats. Great. Not the reason for getting a 2+2 but hey it worked. Till it didn't. I needed to make a bad decision about the car as I felt that I was over the car and 2 boys and suv's were the way to move on. So I traded back into the place I purchased it, and for the same amount I bought it for. BTW I was able to find out how much money they made on the sale. They didn't.

Selling back the car was a bad thing. Buyers remorse is bad. Sellers remorse is worse. I had that car for 10 years and put maybe 20k on it. Never saw rain. Never saw bird crap. You understand. I missed that car. I would have loved it to be twin turbo and manual but that was not a option on that car in US. Canada yes.
7 years past and I was watching a you tube about a review of the Z's and found a video from Everyday Driver. https://youtu.be/uTpjEWTkrM0 . At about the 30 second mark, He said " I love this car" It struck me. How he said those 4 words struck me bad. I had to get my car back. As I used to be in the car industry in the past, I figured I could find it. I ran a vin check and the bad news came back. Sold at auction with nothing after. It was wholesaled and sent out of the country.
Ok a little tear. Time to find another one. Maybe even a project. While looking at cars on ebay I found a needle in a haystack. I wanted the same car. The same 2+2. Same color inside and out. What I found was better. I found a pearl white. Not the original pearl that was more ivory colored, but a repainted nissan maxima white pearl. Much better. What really got me going was this 1990 2+2 had been twin turbo manual swapped. YIKES!. After a heart felt letter to the seller who already had sold it to someone who was going to inspect first, I purchased it. To this day, Linda the seller and I have kept in contact and I see her once in a while. All the work I have put into a unfinished project car is just as important to her as it was for me. I found a friend and a car. Thanks Linda.

Will the car ever be finished? I don't know. Things break, and rubber cracks and parts rust. Dashboards need to be dusted. I don't need it to go super fast and it is not going on a dyno. I baby cars. I keep cars forever. So here are some pic's of the first car and the next z32 before I completed the project. This is the link to my you tube of the car after I finished it. It lives on a throne. I look forward to meeting people who share their love of the Z and hope to meet ya'll at a meet soon. (as long as it isn't a rain day). Enjoy. https://youtu.be/1sKhDGnbihA
Copy and paste in you tube. Fred Scott

Attachments:
File comment: interesting color wheels.
pic 5.PNG
pic 5.PNG [ 2.25 MiB | Viewed 10876 times ]
File comment: ebay pic of Linda's car
pic 2.PNG
pic 2.PNG [ 2.25 MiB | Viewed 10876 times ]
File comment: My son who is now 22 in the back
MVC-210S.JPG
MVC-210S.JPG [ 26.71 KiB | Viewed 10876 times ]
File comment: original interior. perfect.
MVC-191S.JPG
MVC-191S.JPG [ 28.61 KiB | Viewed 10876 times ]
File comment: The first z32
MVC-183S.JPG
MVC-183S.JPG [ 24.53 KiB | Viewed 10876 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:16 am 

:shock: WOW! What a great Bio!
Nice introduction Fred, and a heartfelt Welcome Aboard!

Each generation of the Z has been a sharp turn in automotive history, but the Z32 was truly a Supercar. You have good automotive taste, sir. :thumbs_up: :mrgreen: :thumbs_up: You will find several more Z32 Devotees in this Club, and we look fwd to having you join us on our 2022 funruns, track visits and monthly meetings. We have several dual-members in Clive Bogle's NYZCC as well (and in the Z Car Club of Rochester), and when we hold meetings close enough to the border (Fairfield County), we get plenty of them here. It's great to watch them all arrive together.

We're a family-oriented Club (not a gang) so you should feel free to involve your Pit Crew in any of our gatherings. Heyyyy, free piZZa! :thumbs_up: 8) :thumbs_up:

Z ya soon?

Frank T

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:43 pm 

Great story Fred! :thumbs_up:

The Z32 is my favorite model right next to the S30. Many of us are chomping at the bit for spring to come early. I look forward to meeting you soon! Again, welcome to the club! :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:18 pm 

Welcome Fred. It's always nice to meet another enthusiastic and overly meticulous car owner. :D

It's also nice to add another New Yawker to this fantastic Connecticut Z car club. Your story telling skills are excellent. Well done. Enjoy your sweet ride.

Howard J

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:39 am 

Welcome to another Z32 owner.
I am also hooked on mine. You in Fla or is that just where the pic's are from ?

Attachment:
sideview.jpg
sideview.jpg [ 128.55 KiB | Viewed 10732 times ]

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:54 am 

Attachment:
downsized_0519192004.jpg
downsized_0519192004.jpg [ 21.59 KiB | Viewed 10645 times ]
It spends it time in Fla mostly but in the nice weather months it's back on the ramp in NY.