Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:23 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 27  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:52 pm 

What a wonderful lady! When her husband comes home with a new car, she provides the ambiance! :D It is a good way to welcome a new member to the family.

Your Z looks very happy in his new home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:36 am 

what a nice surprise! I think i have to copy that as soon as we get our own house... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:17 pm 

Hi Thor:
That is a really GREAT story.. I may send that picture to a friend of mine..

regards,
Carl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:27 pm 

We have received GREAT news! During the July International Classic Car Meeting in Baden-Baden Germany, Thor's beautiful 1970 240Z won the Honor Award! :D

There were more than 360 Concours classic sports cars entered in that event, and Thor's wonderful Z took home honors!

We are very proud of this, Thor, but not surpriZed!!!! Congratulations!

Attachments:
File comment: Thor's 1970 240Z demands the attention and praise of the viewers and judges!
Thor's Z.jpg
Thor's Z.jpg [ 608.19 KiB | Viewed 32276 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:34 pm 

Some of the high-class competition the Z beat!

Attachments:
File comment: Bertone Alfa Romeo, circa 1966?
Bertone Alfa.jpg
Bertone Alfa.jpg [ 698.73 KiB | Viewed 32274 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:00 pm 

OUTSTANDING! Congratulations Thor!

:D

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com
FB: Zccr zcarclubofrochester

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:28 pm 

Thanks so much. I haven't planned on that. It was a award for a particularly rare sports coupe from 1950 to 1970, the first time in the last 15 years a Datsun 240 z took place.
The Alfa Romeo you see on the picture Frank posted is a 1970 Alfa Montreal.
Here are some more pice of this beautiful event.

Attachments:
IMG_1931.JPG
IMG_1931.JPG [ 1.25 MiB | Viewed 32257 times ]
IMG_1916.JPG
IMG_1916.JPG [ 1.21 MiB | Viewed 32257 times ]
IMG_1903.JPG
IMG_1903.JPG [ 1.17 MiB | Viewed 32257 times ]
IMG_1889.JPG
IMG_1889.JPG [ 1.22 MiB | Viewed 32257 times ]
IMG_1879.JPG
IMG_1879.JPG [ 1.21 MiB | Viewed 32257 times ]
IMG_1994.JPG
IMG_1994.JPG [ 1.11 MiB | Viewed 32257 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:30 pm 

Hi Thor:
THAT IS GREAT NEWS - I am most happy for you!!

Please provide a "Caption" for the last picture - and send me another picture if you have one taken from another angle.

I want to send a copy of the picture to a couple of friends... that you will meet in Nashville... :)

Carl B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:52 am 

I have spoken by telephone with Thor in Germany and he is loading his family onto the airplane today to visit us here in America! :D

He is excited to meet us, to visit Nashville, to meet Jim Frederick and Carl Beck in person, to see Lucky#13 at the National Z Convention and to attend our Monthly Meeting on August 4th!

His family has practiced English and they are excited about meeting us, too. We will have the smoked BBQ picnic for them two hours before our meeting at Executive Nissan in North Haven.

i asked if he could bring our other two European members King and Reverend with him, but his luggage is not big enough.

Let's all try to meet Thor and is family at the picnic/meeting on 04Aug in North Haven! See UPCOMING EVENTS for directions and details.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:28 pm 

WELL! I have had the wonderful pleasure today of finally meeting Thor and his family here on American soil! :D He speaks excellent English and has a great sense of humor. His lovely wife Gaby has stolen my heart and his teenaged children appear to be very intelligent and polite.

Thor and his son Max have flown off to Nashville to zee the Zs and meet some of our Club members there, while Thor's girls have nestled into a posh hotel in midtown Manhattan and are making plans to spend as much of Thor's money as humanly possible before he returns to stop them. :lol:

They are all very excited to be here and are looking forward to meeting us all at the 04Aug meeting and BBQ. I can hardly wait to introduce everyone and watch Thor meet some of the names he has been communicating with on our website.

The day after the meeting and BBQ, their whole family will load into a rental van and head south to see the Atlantic Seaboard. They will finally stop in Florida and spend some time getting to know our members Jim Frederick and Carl Beck. Thor can't wait to see Jim's garage! 8)

This is the first time our Club has ever had an international member fly-in to meet us! I really like this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:56 pm 

GOODBYE THOR!

Today, Thursday 05Aug, Thorsten and his family left Connecticut on their way to Florida. Since last Friday, we have been in frequent contact. Yesterday (Wed/04Aug) as you all know, the CTZCC got to meet Thor and his family at our August meeting and BBQ, sponsored by EXECUTIVE NISSAN in North Haven. It was a wonderful event, which none of us will forget.

During his brief stay in America so far, Thor got to see the 40th Anniversary National Z Convention in Nashville TN, where he met many Z dignitaries. He sat casually at a dinner table with Mr. Matsuo (designer of the 240Z) who autographed two Z sunvisors for Thor's 240Z! :D

He got to walk thru Manhattan with his family and see some of the famous landmarks. He rented a car (a real experience, and a lesson that things don't always work as planned in America :roll: ) and drove to CT. He sat at an extravagant American restaurant, where he saw his first-ever $141.00 steak! ( :shock: ). He drove my 240Z, visited a CT beach where the water was so full of jellyfish you couldn't swim, and had a full-hotel fire alarm and evacuation at 4AM :x which turned out to be a false alarm. :roll: He also got to play several instruments (he is an excellent pianist) in the Sam Ash music store in New Haven.

He will drive to Florida, where he will visit our members Carl Beck and Jimbo Frederick and see their Zees.

I think the best thing that happened to Thor and his family while in CT was meeting the CTZCC membership at the August meeting! He was so thrilled to meet everyone, and so happy to be able to see our cars!
As he was leaving today, one of the final things he said to me was to please tell everyone again, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I am sure this happy experience will walk thru Thor's mind often in the future.

In the hours Thor and I got to talk, he kept re-living the meeting at Executive and the ZCon in Nashville. He remembers almost everyone's name and what he spoke with them about. He had only good things to say about everyone, and regrets they have no such club in Germany.

So, membership.......on behalf of our first-ever visiting international member and his family, THANK YOU again and again. You did well. You made our Z brother and his nice family know they are very welcome here, and he now knows he has brothers on this side of the ocean.

I hope when Thor returns home to Germany, he will look at his 1970 240Z with new eyes and deeper appreciation. He has a very special car and is very fortunate to have it. His Z has a very special owner, and is very fortunate be owned by someone who will take good care of it for years to come.

The last thing I said to Max, Thor's 14 yr old son, was that he will someday inherit this magnificent 240Z, and he must learn to take very good care of it. He said he would.

It would be very cool if, in 10 or 15 years, Max comes over here to sit with the next generation of the CTZCC and talk about his Pappa, and ask where to get parts for his 50 year old 240Z. :wink:

Bon Voyage, Family Link! Thank you for visiting us and leaving these great memories. Travel safely and return to us when you can.

The longer I'm with this Club, the more I love it.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:40 am 

Schoenes Auto hast du es restauriert nachdem du es bekommen hast ?
KFZ mechaniker von Beruf ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:07 pm 

Today, Tues/17Aug, Thor and his family are scheduled to fly from Florida back to Germany.

Thor and Max got to see the 40th Anniversary of the Z at the Nashville National Z Convention, while his ladies toured NYC and shopped. Then they came to CT and got to meet the CTZCC and attend a meeting!

They had a great trip down the East Coast, splashed in the Atlantic Ocean where ever they wanted, visited some very nice cities (and an American junk yard!) and finally got to visit our members Carl Beck and Jimbo Frederick in Florida. They also visited the Ocala dealership where Thor's 1970 240Z was originally sold, and met the prior owner who sold the car to Thor in Germany.

Now their whirlwind tour is done, and we're waiting to hear from them by telephone saying they are boarding the plane back home.

I just know Thor wants to get home and hug his Z. :D

THANK YOU Thor, Gabi, Max, Lara and Louisa for coming here to meet us. It was a pleasure for all of us, and we feel closer to you now. You are part of a happy family here in America, and we look forward to seeing you all again some way. Hope to hear from you on this website as often as possible.

THANK YOU, CTZCC, for making their trip so much fun, and for letting them all meet you face to face.

I really love this Club!
Frank

Post subject: KFZ
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:07 pm 

RBZ26det wrote:

Hallo Stephen, ja ich hab das Auto von Grund auf restaurieren lassen, Karosserie und Lack. Da ich das selber nicht kann, habe ich mir Unterstützung geholt. Die Jungs, die den Job gemacht haben, verstehen eine Menge von ihrem Beruf. Das Auto ist wirklich schön geworden und ich denke, es gehört zu den besten 240er in Europa.
Ich bin vom Beruf her ein Fernseh-Journalist, habe dort allerdings viel mit Autos zu tun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:58 pm 

RBZ26det wrote:

I had one too, but the wheels fell off! :wink:
(Now, what was it he really said? :? )
~Rick~

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 27  Next