Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:00 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Hello everyone
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:51 pm 

Hello everyone,
Our dear President John Kish reminded me to introduce myself to the club. Again.
I heard his plea in the club meeting in September that 2022 would be his last year, so I volunteered for Prez for 2023. Unfortunately, I was traveling in October, and I missed the last meeting when he "introduced" me as your next president.

I have been a club member now for quite a few years, you may remember my 75 gold 280Z, my pride and joy, which I have been bringing lately to the meetings and outings, but I have 4 more (currently). A white 72 240Z partly restored as a dry-day daily driver, a mostly original blue 78 280Z which is spending the winter in Florida, and a couple of non-running cars in storage - a brown 73 240Z that is planned for a bolts-out resto in the next few years and an 83 red 280ZX that had been in storage in West Palm Beach, and I recently towed it to my new house (still under construction) in north Florida.

But I will not be moving there anytime soon, except for the winters! So I will be meeting with John and start the planning for next year's events soon. If you have any ideas / suggestions / preferences pls let me know.

Meanwhile if the roads are salt free, and the weather is nice, I will be out on the white 240!

Juan

Attachments:
JM Cars.jpg
JM Cars.jpg [ 109.34 KiB | Viewed 8192 times ]

Blue 78 280Z
TBD 73 240Z
Red 83 280ZX

Post subject: Re: Hello everyone
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:06 pm 

Standing applause, Juan, for your willingness to carry the CTZCC torch into 2023 and beyond; thank you. I know technically John is still PreZ until the stroke of midnight, 31Dec22, and will pass the torch to you at 00:01 on 01Jan23, but it's great to have you ready for your inauguration!

Nice carZ! (I'm wondering if it might be illegal for any one man to have that many great Z cars at once? People all over the world are crying to own even ONE; Isn't that some sort of polygamy? :lol: )

We look forward to hearing from you and John about our upcoming Zeason, and to supporting you in whatever plans you have for us in 2023. C'mon everybody! Join me in a round of applause for our new PreZident! :thumbs_up: :mrgreen: :thumbs_up:

Frank T
PS: I have to ask how you prevented any hurricane damage to the Florida cars?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:08 am 

Thanks Frank.

Got lucky this year. Thankfully, the hurricanes in 2022 mostly missed central north Florida. While Ian drenched St. Augustine, 50 miles inland due west, where my property and house is located, there was hardly any rain just some wind. Nicole passed to our west and while it did bring about 4 inches of rain, it was not any more than a heavy summer storm, which happens in Florida quite regularly. The blue dot in the picture is where my property is located. Next year, the Blue Z will be nicely tucked in my new house garage.

But, in any case, I feel now as I did years ago when I lived in Florida, every year it's hurricane roulette!

Juan

Attachments:
Nicole_storm_111022.jpg
Nicole_storm_111022.jpg [ 116.49 KiB | Viewed 8172 times ]

Blue 78 280Z
TBD 73 240Z
Red 83 280ZX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:24 am 

So, we now have five (5) CTZCC Clubbies in Florida; Carl Beck, Jimbo Frederick, Scotty Cole, Bob Sharp, and thou. You guys could almost start holding your own meetings and Fun Runs down there! 8)

FT