Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:45 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Keith Hultmark
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:18 am 

I would like to say a very public "thank-you" to Keith Hultmark who is stepping down as an Officer and our Merchandise Director. It's hard to express the impact that Keith has had on this club. First, if you know him, I'm sure you'll agree he's a very wonderful guy. Warm, friendly, dedicated and always willing to pitch in when there is work to be done. Thankfully, we will be holding on to him as a member as he truly embodies what is great about this club (the people). Of all the friends I've met through the CTZCC, Keith (among many others) is at the top of my list.

Keith developed the Merchandise role from being non-existent into the top revenue generator for the club. The Fall Outing and many of our other events where we serve food or incur expenses are largely underwritten by the sale of merchandise. So everyone that has purchased goods from the club is responsible for our success but there would be no goods without Keith! He has explored and developed relationships with vendors, negotiated prices, picked up inventory, stayed in one place to sell merchandise at many meetings and events and then has taken all of his wares home with him (and there is a lot of inventory!). He has also done a phenomenal job at the record-keeping and maintaining a supply of merchandise for future gatherings.

Keith has done this for a very long time and will now be handing the role to someone new.

Please join me in thanking Keith for his dedication and commitment to this club!

Also, let's all do whatever we can to make sure he always owns a Z!

Sincerely, Ross

Post subject: Re: Keith Hultmark
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:37 pm 

I met Keith shortly after I joined the Club in 2008. At that time Ross had been handling EVERY facet of the Club's functions himself, and decided life might be easier if he could get even a few members to voluntarily take some responsibilities in a few areas. Keith jumped up like a MinuteMan and volunteered to be our first Events Director. He had also spontaneously created a few ball caps with our (then-new) logo on them for one of our meetings, and they sold out immediately. That's all Keith needed to know ~ he generated our MerchandiZe corner singlehandedly and it was an immediate success. During the past 8yrs Keith has expanded our Merch sales to provide us with everything from window decals to hats, jackets, sports shirts, T-shirts, polo shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, CTZCC thongs to hang from our rearview mirrors, and even free stacks of "Z Spotter" cards to generate more Club membership. His MerchandiZe sales generated a constant income for the Club which, because we don't charge dues, kept us financially alive over the years. Attend any Club event or meeting today and you'll zee a high percentage of members (and their wives) wearing CTZCC apparel; Keith Hultmark was directly responsible for each of those items. Aside from the annual Z car show registration fees and an occasional gift check from grateful members, Keith Hultmark has provided our primary source of income since 2008.

Keith has maintained a steady flow of fun ideas to keep us entertained and active together, too. From road trips to submarines, car shows and picnics, to CTZCC's very own calendar and photo contests of Zs in strange places, Keith's imagination has led us down some very interesting roads and put lots of miles on our odometers. In recent years Keith has also led us in many Monthly Meetings in different towns, generously hosted us at his Marina, introduced us all to his cat "W", demonstrated Karate, train sets and GoKarts, and is personally responsible for our continuing relationship with Grossman Nissan in Old Saybrook. Holding meetings there at least one month a year affords our members to the East the opportunity to visit with us when they otherwiZe might not be able to. That wouldn't have been possible except for Keith.

Altho he lives in one of the most-remote corners of the Universe, Keith has seldom missed even a single meeting or event each year unless they happen during his annual boat show. Keith has also introduced at least half a doZen new members to our Club, and has always served as our positive Ambassador. He has always put the CTZCC ahead of his own interests; his personal generosity was demonstrated once again this past weekend, when he donated his entire private collection of Z Car Club magazines to our raffle table.

The man has run at full-tilt-boogie for more than 8 years. As a "retired" former CTZCC officer myself, I can tell you that's a lot of weight and stress to carry around for such a length of time. I don't ever recall hearing him complain in the time I've known him.

So I salute him and thank him for doing such a darned good job for such a darned long time, at so darned many great things. It will be nice to zee him wandering around the cars from now on, rather than chained to the back of his Z, slaving to fund us...but who's gonna fill his shoes?

Thank you, Keith. Ya done good, and we're all better for it.

Frank T

Last edited by Frank T on Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:29 am 

Keith,

Just a short note to say "thanks" to a super guy for your many years of dedication to the Connecticut Z Car Club. I've never known anyone else at virtually every CTZCC event with a hatch full of super Club merchandise. When I suggested a selection of ball caps in pastel colors, you had them for the next meeting. Nancy wears hers whenever the top is down.
See you in the spring,

Alan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:20 am 
Site Admin

Hey Keith:

We're going to miss seeing you behind the stacks of club Merch you'd tote to every event! Hopefully, we'll still see plenty of you and your gorgeous Z next season. All of us greatly appreciate the dedication and hard work you've graciously provided the club over the years. Even a huge, all-caps "THANK YOU!" is not nearly enough!

Have a wonderful, recuperative and relaxing winter - see you in the spring.

- Jim

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:10 pm 

It has been a pleasure working with you through all our events and as a fellow officer. You have set the standard high for people to follow by doing the groundwork to make it easier to fill in. Thanks for all you do and I hope you will continue to join us at the meetings.
Greg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:20 pm 

Frank,

Thanks for adding in much additional background on Keith's contributions. I'm so used to him coordinating merchandise that I neglected to mention the early work he did as Events Director (Fun Runs, Calendar, Picture Contests), etc. The marina has also been a wonderfully different place to meet and we appreciate him hosting us there for so many years!

Ross

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:12 pm 

Thanks Keith for all your time and effort especially hosting the most memorable meetings held at the Marina.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:19 pm 

It's been a pleasure to serve the CTZCC, thanks for kind words. I'll always be available to help out a future Merch Person or in any capacity as the club evolves with new leadership. Remember, you get back whatever you put in to a club like this. Epecially the friendships.

Definitely look for a Z meet at the Marina next season....

The photo is a little look back at the evolution of CTZCC merch....

Attachments:
IMG_0591.JPG
IMG_0591.JPG [ 100.35 KiB | Viewed 14435 times ]

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:18 am 

Keith, sad to see you resign, but it's been a pleasure having you around doing an awesome job with the merchandise, of course now my wardrobe is in jeopardy...............any thongs left?

Attachments:
20161124_092802[1].jpg
20161124_092802[1].jpg [ 511.4 KiB | Viewed 14383 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:00 pm 

thanks for a great job Keith aka"Cannonball" i am happy i got to purchase one more thing from you! Tang Soo!!!