Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:53 am 

Thanks for trying, Bill.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:53 am 

I' truly understand and empathize with all of you who took on the roll of organizing and expanding this great
organization. You should be very proud of the great club you created and nurtured, and I thank you all.

Back in 1970 I had the pleasure of meeting a new Z owner and co-founding the CT Z CAR CLUB. **(EDIT: he meant the CT 240Z Club. Frank).
I moved to Memphis in 1973 and watched that club flourish for some years. Then as is usually the case those who did the work moved or had other responsibilities and gradually the club dispersed.

Then about 5 years ago, having moved back to CT from Chicago, low and behold, a resurection. The CTZCC.
Even some of the original CT240Z club were members. I have a very good feeling that in the case of CTZCC
there are far too many loyal members to let this great club stay down for the count. Until a new group of leaders surfaces I sincerely hope that thru this website we will be able to organize a good number of get togethers this season. Please let me know how I can contribute to the cost of keeping the site up and active.

One thought I have is to suggest a number of charity car shows and/or cruizes (ie coffee and carburators),
so we can gather at a nice venue and event already organized. I'll post a list of possibles in a couple of weeks. There are ways to keep in contact.

Again a big thankyou to Ross and all the others who made all our lives a little better.
Jack Duran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:37 am 

"Back in 1970 I had the pleasure of....co-founding the CT Z CAR CLUB".

Wait Jack,

I'm sure you didn't intend to lay claim to forming the CTZCC?

Frank T

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:47 pm 

Sooooooooooo sorry. I meant to say Ct 240 Z Club. Back then we only had 240's
I was thinking of the CTZCC while posting and the letters must have just come out that way.
Please excuse the faux pax!
Jack

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:41 pm 

Thanks buddy ~ you made me wonder which of us was confused there....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:47 am 

A new member just saying thanks for starting a club. I think all people want is a place to find good parts stay away from flippers and a place that you can find people to lend a hand, be it, winter storage, a tool, old part, a tow, dyi's. People really want, especially young people, i'm a 80's baby, want a non profit place to get advice. Recommend a shop that actually works on z's. A way to meet up. etc. This group may need to expand beyond ct to make it work. But I think most people think beyond CT but I get the point of keeping it small.

Bruce

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:48 pm 

While I was Membership Director a while back, we had members in Germany, France, Norway, Finland, Canada, Australia, Singapore, and 38 united states. We counted more than 800 registered members and over 1,000 cars. Because we say "you can't quit a free Club", all those folks are still technically members.

It has always been an unusual Club. We have never had the problems other clubs had. They lost membership because they charged dues and had trouble paying for all the events they had; we charged NO membership, but always somehow had just enough to afford to feed and entertain our members in all our events. They had fights and vulgarities on their websites, which drove family members away and made conservative members quit. Some clubs made their website a one-way communicator; the officers could write to the members, but the members had no voice on their own website. We had a free website and simply asked everybody to pretend their mom was reading it, and we never had a fight, or allowed any cussing or swearing, had lots of full-family participation and only ever had to block two people from the forums.

Other clubs dried up from lack of membership participation or interest and the officers couldn't hold the club together. We have hundreds of active members, but the officers all quit at once and we almost never hear from any of them now. We seem to be doing the reverse of all the other Z clubs we've ever heard of. Go figure.

Frank

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:26 am 

A few of us Officers on hiatus are still talking among ourselves. We still care for this club. We are all simply taking a well deserved break(for how long?) I am sure we are feeling the same relief as any of the former officers after they completed their term.

I had a great gathering in May, where most of our regular attendees form the eastern side of the state came out. I hope to have another get together soon. Time flies and life is busy.

To keep myself engaged in the Z and car community I look for as many local car events as I can.

I do keep an eye out on the CTZCC upcoming events forum and try to make any gathering that I can.

I recently joined the RDZ driver's club that Rich is running. Been to one gathering so far as I am not available for them all. Visit RDZ website for more info. I also am a dues paying member of the ZCCNE and will get to as many events as I have time for.

This summer at various car shows and meets, I've run into over a dozen CTZCC friends this summer, half were just chance meetings at a cars and coffee event. I love hanging out and seeing Z's pull in, "I know that Z".

Please continue to post events you come up with, or ones you will attend in the state. You never know who might show up from the CTZCC. At the very least you'll be with Car People and able to show off your Z.

See you when I See you...

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:01 pm 

Hey Keith,
Some photos of "I know that Z", that was fun meeting up with you and Tom.
Great Cars and Coffee run, some incredible cars for a short notice event.
Colin
the older one

Attachments:
colin@c&c lr.jpg
colin@c&c lr.jpg [ 795.58 KiB | Viewed 6969 times ]
colin srlr.jpg
colin srlr.jpg [ 1.04 MiB | Viewed 6969 times ]
colinlr.jpg
colinlr.jpg [ 1.08 MiB | Viewed 6969 times ]
Keith.jpg
Keith.jpg [ 940.74 KiB | Viewed 6969 times ]