Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:02 pm 
Site Admin

It is with great pleasure and excitement that I introduce Don Mei and Justin Tang as our new Co-Directors of Club Motorsports!

Don and Justin are avid and active participants in a variety of motorsports activities and have graciously offered to help introduce other CTZCC members to these thrilling events.

Don has been tearing up the track since the 1960's - initially racing motorcycles. In the 1990's he got involved with vintage car racing and in October 2011 he began racing in his newly-acquired 240Z. He's very active with several vintage car clubs - last year he raced his Z in many races throughout several states.

Justin has been autocrossing since two weeks after getting his license at 16. He's collected numerous trophies along the way and was very active with his local (Fresno, CA) branch of the SCCA until moving east last year. Almost a year ago to the day, Justin found the 1986 300ZX of his dreams and he's been racing it extensively ever since - finishing last season with an impressive 2nd place in the Fairfield County Sports Car Club's G-Stock class.

We are very fortunate that Don and Justin are going to be sharing their experiences and enthusiasm for motorsports with the goal of increasing the club's participation in these kinds of events.

Please join me in welcoming Don and Justin to their new roles.

Attachments:
File comment: DON MEI
Don_Mei.jpg
Don_Mei.jpg [ 363.17 KiB | Viewed 8453 times ]
File comment: JUSTIN TANG
jtang.jpg
jtang.jpg [ 104.54 KiB | Viewed 8453 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:58 pm 

congrats guys! :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:16 pm 

Congratulations Don and Justin! I'm sure you both will be invaluable additions in this area.

Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:24 pm 

Congratulations guys! This is great news. I'm planning on getting started in racing this year and I'm really looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with. Anything you schedule I'll try my hardest to participate in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:15 pm 

HOO-RAY!!! :D

This is great ~ we'll have two seasoned competitors in our Motorsports Directorate. Bryan established this function and got it rolling, and these two will certainly add momentum to the whole idea.

Glad they have experience in both wheel-to-wheel and AutoCross racing. Our members can learn from either of them depending on what they want to do with their Zs.

THANKS guys, for stepping up to help guide us! I'm confident you can depend on our enthusiastic support.

Frank T

Post subject: motorsports
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:26 pm 

Thanks for taking on this responsibility. I'm trying to get Mr. Morgan to dig out some of the original CT240Z club news letters so we can insert excerpts periodically. I think some of the race reports and history could be interesting and fun. I'll be happy to post if I can get copies for Rick. I'll make the contact and I think Rick & I can have some fun over coffee going over this stuff. I'll hunt the attic, but don't think I have anything left. Back in the day everything was hard copy and mail ....
Jack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:31 am 

Thanks everyone! It is an honor to be chosen to serve with the 2013 officers. I look forward to working with you all!

I want to give a huge thanks to Bryan Little for helping me find some quality autox action out here in CT.

I'm pretty "green" to Z's and this club, but I hope I can be helpful to anybody hoping to pick up autocross/drifting. I will be posting up all the upcoming events I hope to be racing at.

Please drop me an email, private message, or come find me at the upcoming meetings if you have any questions about motorsports and the like!

EDIT: I just posted up event information for an autocross school being held by Fairfield County Sports Car Club at the end of this month. Please see my thread here:

http://forums.ctzcc.com/viewtopic.php?p=47029

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:00 pm 

Thank you Don and Justin for stepping up and taking on the co-directorship of the CTZCC Motorsport activities. It's going to be a great Z year!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:58 am 

Hooray, good job. :D