Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:17 am 
Site Admin

Hello everyone!

On behalf of everyone at the Connecticut Z Car Club, I want to wish you all the best for 2013!

Even though it's the dead of winter and many of us have not driven (and in my case, seen) our Z's for several months, things continue to be very busy behind the scenes at the Club.

CLUB MANAGEMENT UPDATES

As you probably already know, Ross Williams, who founded the Club in 2005, retired as President in November. After seven incredible years of tireless leadership, Ross finally decided it was time to step away from the Club's day-to-day operations and let someone else have a turn in the driver's seat. Last month, I agreed to strap on my helmet and harness and take the wheel as the new President of the CTZCC. While Ross will be an Executive Advisor to the Club, he really wants to be thought of as "just another Club member". So when you see him at CTZCC events, it won't be Club business he'll be talking about, it will be his two awesome Z's.

Also, Bryan Little, Motorsports Director for the past three seasons, stepped down last month. We would like to express our gratitude to Bryan for his hard work and support. Thanks to Bryan's efforts, more CTZCC members than ever are enjoying the thrill and challenge of autocrossing with their Z's.

In other big news: I'm very pleased to announce that Phil Parent has agreed to serve as the Club's first-ever Vice President and that both Keith Hultmark and Greg Emmons will continue to serve as Club Officers.

The four of us will do our best to continue to keep the Club dynamic, fun and innovative. Please don't hesitate to reach out to any of us at any time:

Jim Hagani - President and Webmaster;
Phil Parent - Vice President and Director of Club Photography;
Keith Hultmark - Officer and Director of Club MerchandiZe; and
Greg Emmons - Officer and Director of Events

GET INVOLVED

With the start of the Club's 2013 season only a few months away, we are busy planning and organizing what promises to be another terrific year. In addition to perennial favorites like our Car Show and Fall Outing, there are several new events and venues we hope to be able to introduce. But before we can begin to explore making them happen, we need you to get involved!

CTZCC membership has grown tremendously during the past seven years, but unfortunately the number of active volunteers has not kept pace. That has to change for the Club to continue to thrive. When the Club was small, a couple of us was all that was needed to run it. However, given its current size and scope, the Club is now simply too large to be managed by just a few members.

You may be eager to help with the Club but you're hesitant because you feel you just don't have the time to spare. Let me assure you that everyone involved in running the Club has a busy and demanding life outside the Club, but we find time to give back to the Club because we recognize its importance and because it really is fun. So, even if you are able to commit only a few hours to the Club this year, I am confident you'll be happy you did.

Whether you are interested in working on existing or new events, assisting with Club communications, membership, merchandising or sponsors, or anything else, I urge you to contact me to tell me how you would like to lend your support. I'm certain we will be able to find a role for you that you will find not only comfortable and manageable, but immensely gratifying as well.

I'll be in touch again in a few weeks with another email update. In the meantime, as always, you can find all the latest Club news at our website's discussion forums (http://forums.ctzcc.com).

Warm regardZ,

Jim Hagani
President/Webmaster, Connecticut Z Car Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:19 pm 

Great to zee Uncle Phil promoted to VP of our great Club. This was a smart move in several ways ~ first it makes good use of Phil's excellent management skills, and second it gives the PreZ a direct helping hand in all matters Z, and third it gives every CTZCC member a 'family member' at the top of the food chain. Phil is everybody's 'uncle', and for some strange reaZon we all tend to naturally gravitate to his ZXT to gab after meetings.

Sorry to zee Bryan leave the Motorsportz Czar position, but having had a pre-schooler of my own I fully recogniZe how totally time-consuming those little girls can be. Thank you, Bry, for the excellent example you set for whomever takes your post as MSD.

Greg and Keith are stalwart fixtures and pillars of our Z society. Always glad to zee their smiling faces (and their Zs!) when we get together. Jim is already making his presence known with wiZe decisions and this restructure is a good move in the direction of club cohesion.

Thanks in advance for an exciting 2013, guyZ. Looking fwd to following y'all up to ZCon this August!

Frank