Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Ross - ThankZalot
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:40 pm 

1'st I just came across this in a file and realized I never posted it after I composed it. Applogies for the delay.

Well, what can I say that already haZn’t been covered in Zome very eloquent wayZ. NADA. You have truly made a mark in a positive way on so many people so you should be proud.
But then again what can I say otherwise… maybe a few things.
First of all “THANKZ A LOT” for all the unplanned and excessive expenZeZ you’ve cost me over the last 10+yearZ
IN the beginning you held an event at Bobs former dealership in Fall ’02 which I attended. I took my brandy new (~2 week old) pre-ordered ’03 350Z feeling on top of the world. Unfortunately your event led to meeting a wonder guy and new friend (Ray White) with a pristine ’91 Z32 TT which made me less happy about 350Z and ’90 n/a back home. Our friendship grew and connection lasted (till he recently passed on to Z heaven). Anyway, 3 years after your gathering Ray caved into my never ending calls about selling and I purchased that sweet ride from him. After that I got mod fever and put way too much money into a car which was really quite fine as is. So THANKZ A LOT for causing me to spend ing more on that Z and it’s upgrades & enhancements over the years than I paid for my new 350Z … which was supposed to my prized possession and last Z.
Flash forward to ’08 and I attended your monthly gathering at Middletown Nissan because owner Dave new I liked Z’s and said I’d probably like the get together. It was such an enjoyable gathering of such great Z guys (and gals) I immediately knew I MUST JOIN this club. But, after seeing all the various Z’s in assorted conditions there, I also decided I really should put some monieZ and time into my somewhat neglected ’87 n/a. So THANKZ A LOT - AGAIN for the Z FEAVER refresher and making my wallet thinner again. From then on I made every effort to attend as many gatherings as I could. It caused me to smooze many Golf League match opponents (plus my partner) to start early just so I could make a somewhat nearby monthly meeting. It got to the point that soon as I’d approach the next week opponents, they would say … must be THAT Z Car Wednesday again!
Next Issue is your annual Fall outings. On way down for the ’10 event I join a caravan and notice another Z32 which just stood out and left that feeling of desire. I speak with its fairly new owner then and then and more so at your estate. I left that day thinking boy that’s a nice Z32 n/a… maybe nicest I’ve seen. Don’t you know a few months later in winter (while I’m doing upgrades and maintenance to my ’87 n/a) I get a call from the owner that he needs to sell his ’90 and was I interested in a barter deal or maybe straight purchase. Within a few weeks it’s in my garage and my bank account is smaller and my wife is quite upset. I think her words were another *&^%ing Z.!!! So THANKZ A LOT Ross!
And shortly after that I check this new Toy out more closely, research a few things, and decide I really need to buy several upgrades items - and my bank account reduced even further. PLUS NOW, my wife’s tolerance of my Z passion is getting VERY VERY THIN!). So THANKZA LOT again!
So then my Toy Box is overcrowded, and my truck and boat are sitting outdoors. Of course I rationalize that I really need more space to comfortably shelter the Z’s and allow my truck and Boat back indoors again. That differs a bit from the Brides solution of unloading some excessive toys like maybe a few extra Z’s. Nope I refinance the house to borrow more monieZ to spend over the next two years building and modifying the Z car CAR CAVE! Used up many vacation weeks & weekends working on it vs. really vacationing with the bride. So of course that all went over quite well. Buying a new 370Z would have been cheaper and faster so THANKZ A LOT-AGAIN.
Bottom line is if it weren’t for you creating this darn stickin’ Z club, I’d have a much bigger bank account and much smaller mortgage, less real-estate and vehicle taxes, many more vacation memories, less bruising to head and fingers etc., less vehicle maintenance time consumed and expenses, and a much happier bride. OK, I’ve loved it ALL, and I’ll admit I wouldn’t change it for the world. :roll:
So in closing
THANKZ A LOT for kindling all the Z passion and friendships I and so many others enjoy now due to your never ending efforts. However, I truly hope at least some of the newly available quality time does get consumed by you while working on your Z’s. And along with that wish is a personal “Get Even Curse” :twisted: such that I hope you end up buying more Z’s than you need and you have to create more Z space to keep them comfy and safe. And while at it I hope you enjoy it all and find it as rewarding as I and many other obsessive members have over the years. :lol:

'03 Z33 Touring 6 spd Chrome Silver (~stock)
'09 GT-R Super Silver... Lusty Enough As Is!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:14 pm 

:lol: Hahahaha! That was FUNNY!
I actually laughed out loud at some of that!

Hey Gary ~ just be glad Ross didn't start a BOAT club!!!

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:33 pm 

or a Ferrari club..... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:40 am 

I can relate to that. More is not better. I am happy now with just one Z. But because of that Z, the wife and I have very fond memories, and can never sell it because. I can't let it be the top priority anymore, because there are other things to life that I must enjoy. One of them is our gardens and growing our own food. The other, when warm weather is here is snorkling, and hopefully soon be scuba, but have concidered snuba. Our new goal is a quality life, not one of quantity. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:28 pm 

I can understand your problem, he almost made me give up my grand kids and stay in Connecticut. How did he force you to buy your GTR?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:13 pm 

guys he had the audacity to drive me 4 hours to Carlisle....and get this i even had a great time.... the nerve of some people.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

love ya buddy... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:14 pm 

Thanks Mike. The pleasure was all mine. My only regret from that day is not offering you the opportunity to drive home!

To all the others whose lives I have ruined, I apologize to your wives. I just hope they don't start comparing notes and organize into "WAZCO" (Wives Against Z Car Ownership).

If you see any hint of this, please give me some advance notice to get out of town!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:17 pm 

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:11 pm 

Ross.Williams wrote:
Thanks Mike. The pleasure was all mine. My only regret from that day is not offering you the opportunity to drive home!

To all the others whose lives I have ruined, I apologize to your wives. I just hope they don't start comparing notes and organize into "WAZCO" (Wives Against Z Car Ownership).

If you see any hint of this, please give me some advance notice to get out of town!

it was a nice Z bonding trip. :D

and yeah i'll keep you posted just in case you gotta suddenly move. :lol: