Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Our 22,000th Post!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:55 am 

CONGRATULATIONS (finally!) to Mike Tubiak who, at 08:29 this morning, entered our 22,000th Post! :lol:

Mike has been trying for this distinction for nearly a year. This morning he got up early and began 'Blanket Bombing' the website with posts in every subject he could find, just to ensure he hit the target. (One entry was just a smiley face, but we counted it anyway).

Mike got this idea from Wild Bill in Nebraska, who had successfully obliterated the target by using this method twice before.

*(The next Officers' Meeting is expected to address this technique, to consider the fairness of it. We can expect changes in the unwritten 'rules' to follow! :roll: ).

The posting of 22,000 entries is significant to our 'little' Club. Of our 500+ members, more than 300 of us are active on this website. Less than 2 years ago we asked y'all to become more active on this 'Site, in an attempt to liven it up and let the world know we have a pulse.

You all responded by using the website daily, and it climbed to the top of the list for the three most-active 240Z websites on the internet, with sometimes 60,000 hits each month!

The result has been OUTSTANDING. Our membership has bloomed to over 500, our meetings and events have been flooded to standing-room-only capacity, we have all become friends, and many Z cars have been saved. Of particular value has been the addition of OVERSEAS MEMBERS who hail from Australia, Canada, Finland, France, Germany and Puerto Rico.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to keeping the CTZCC website alive and active. I know my days would not be complete without hearing from so many of our valued members on a daily basis. Keep up the great work!

Our most recent 1,000 Posts were entered in just 34 days. That doesn't match our record, but at this time of the Zeason it's commendable, averaging more than 29 Posts per day. Our overseas members help with that a lot, since they're awake while most of us Zleep.

As an encouragement and recognition for this activity, your officers have begun awarding small priZes to each member who makes the next 1,000th Post: 1,000 hotdogs, CTZCC Decals, ballcaps, Tshirts, Z Posters, a shoebox full of 20s (lost in the mail), an all-expenses-paid trip to RI (but Paul already lived there) and even a priZed edition of NISSAN SPORT MAGAZINE's 13th issue have been awarded to our winners.

Mike has missed the 1,000th Post award FOUR TIMES, once by as little as a single Post! :lol: We could hear him crying all the way from CTZCC Headquarters. This time (altho we frown on Blanket Bombing and are probably about to ban it), Mike Tubiak has distinguished himself by becoming our 22,000th Poster.

As a reward, we offer Mike the option of (a) all the cash in the CTZCC Membership Dues account, or (b) potluck on what's left in our priZe vault. The results of his choice and award are to be announced.

Congratulate Mike, everyone ~ he worked hard for this! :D

I LOVE THIS CLUB!

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:41 pm 

yeah unfortunately i knew it would be the only way to ensure the crown this time. :D it's not something i like to do but as you guys know i am always on here everyday. i love this club and all it's members! thanks!!! and Frank i don't want or need a prize. just being a part of such an awesome club is a gift enough for me. the friendships i have made far out weigh any prize. i just wanted to get that 22000th post. :D i pride myself in being very active in this club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:48 pm 

OK Mike ~ thanks for your daily support to the CTZCC website! Your 1500+ entries have brightened everyone's days here. It's great to have you with us.

And THANK YOU also for being modest enough to decline a priZe. You know our budget is tight, and your gracious declination frees up your priZe for the next winner. Sincere thanks.

*(Keith, put that 280Z Turbo Coupe partz car back in the priZe vault for a future winner 8) ).

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:52 pm 

Quote:
*(Keith, put that 280Z Turbo Coupe partz car back in the vault for a future winner Cool ).

:shock: did i decline the prize??...i mean if i really need to take it i will... :roll:

:lol: :lol: love you guys and gals!

in all seriousness yeah if i was really going to get a prize give it to the next guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:31 pm 

C'mon, Frank, you're retired military! Even I, as a non-Marine, know
that carpet bombing was a strategy used by Gen. Hap Arnold and ACM
Arthur "Bomber" Harris' crews in WWII! The more current philosophy
revolves around the "smart bomb" and similar weapons............

That said, every time I tried to "smart bomb" an even-1000th hit, I
found that my smart bomb wasn't as smart as the ones they are using
in the Far East (those which they can aim right into the bedroom window
of an intended target). Since my so-called smart bombs weren't even
impacting the same building, I stopped trying.

1969 Z.CAR (#00013 10/69) 8/30/76
1969 ITSA.Z (#00171 11/69) 8/24/73
1970 OLD.Z (#06289 6/70) original owner
1971 510 2dr since 12/31/75
1969 1600 rdstr (our 160-Z)
1971 (#19851 1/71) sold
1975 75.Z (#01343 1/75)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:03 am 

Well I certainly slept through this one! :lol:
I have been extremely preoccupied with pressing matters on the homefront and actually haven't looked at the post count in awhile. I do however take a few minutes late each night to look at new posts.
Does this mean I lost the war? :shock:

1980 280 zx coupe
2005 Pathfinder
1971 240 z
1982 280zx, 1977 &1974 corvettes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:46 pm 

Naw, Mike just sank your battleship, is all.

We've had several repeat winners in the past. I think that's pretty cool, actually. Tom Wasney won the first award when we started this idea, and he didn't even know we were watching. Our Post count went from 146 entries in the spring, to Tom's 1,000th in the fall. The website had been functional for about 2 years at that time, and hardly anyone was using it.

We decided to let the outside world know we were alive in here, and wrote to the membership list, asking them to start using the website. Members began sending in photos, questions, and ideas. Jim Arnett (TX) inspired us to begin a Restoration forum, an idea which took off like a skyrocket. We added Vendor Raves & Gripes, Concerns for Members, and opened discussions on every topic you can name regarding a Z car.

The next 1,000 posts came quickly, and the next, and the next. Our standing record for 1,000 entries is 21 days (!), which is pretty good for a Club where each member knows most of the other members. In Aug09 we 'rediscovered' Lucky#13 and joined Kathy and Rick, and the next 6 months were craZy-busy on the site. We actually joined Jim Frederick and Carl Beck at that time, two of my secret goals since assuming the role of MbrshpDir.

Carl Beck was our first member to win twice! Paul Mackin has won about 11 or 12 times I think! :lol: You (Bill) figured out how we're doing this and mastered the game right away, you sly dog, you! :lol:

Mike has tried almost every consecutive month (as have a few others) to intentionally hit the target with a single, discrete entry. Once he missed by ONE post (you got that one).

Now, finally, he has adopted your fail-safe bombing method and snatched the crown from you this time around. Might not be ethical but hey ~ he won, and you have to applaud his Yankee ingenuity! Imitation is the highest form of flattery! 8)

I like this type of competition because of the results. If you Google "Z Car Club", we appear within the top 3-5 entries on the page in any given month. Carl Beck's ZHome Internet Z Club reigns supreme (for NOW!), because he has something like twenty bazillion members world wide. But ask him how many of them would recogniZe each other in an elevator, or how many attend the meetings! :lol:

I love THIS Club for a lot of reaZons, and that's one of them!

Frank

Last edited by Frank T on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:54 am 

this club rocks! period.